Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:11 PM

467 posts, read 467,478 times

Advertisements

"Today's man, is a God unto himself!"

1) Today's Man Believes: "God can't give me his flesh to eat!!"
Yesterday's Man:
Ignatius of Antioch
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Scriptures:
"This IS my body"!
&
"My flesh is real food, by blood is real drink"!

2) Today's Man Believes: "Baptism does NOT save!"
Yesterday's Man:
John Chrysostom
"Do not be surprised that I call martyrdom a baptism, for here too the Spirit comes in great haste and there is the taking away of sins and a wonderful and marvelous cleansing of the soul, and just as those being baptized are washed in water, so too those being martyred are washed in their own blood" (Panegyric on St. Lucian 2 [A.D. 387]).

Scriptures:
"Make disciples of all nations, baptizing"!
&
"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved!"

3) Today's Man Believes: "Jesus left his Church at the reformation"!
Yesterday's Man:
Ignatius of Antioch "Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Scriptures: "I am with you ALWAYS to the very end of the age"!
&
"The CHURCH is; Holy, Blameless Body of Christ!"

4) Today's Man Believes: "The Church can't teach me"!
Yesterday's Man:
Firmilian
"[Pope] Stephen ... boasts of the place of his episcopate, and contends that he holds the succession from Peter, on whom the foundations of the Church were laid [Matt. 16:18]. ... Stephen ... announces that he holds by succession the throne of Peter" (collected in Cyprian’s Letters 74[75]:17 [A.D. 253]).

Scriptures:
"Listen to the Church"!
&
"All the authority of God is given, go and TEACH all nations!"

5) Today's Man Believes: "All I need is faith!"
Yesterday's Man:
Cyprian of Carthage
"Whoever is separated from the Church and is joined to an adulteress [a schismatic church] is separated from the promises of the Church, nor will he that forsakes the Church of Christ attain to the rewards of Christ. He is an alien, a worldling, and an enemy. He cannot have God for his Father who has not the Church for his mother" (The Unity of the Catholic Church 6, 1st ed. [A.D. 251]).

Scriptures:
"Man is JUSTIFIED by what he does!"
&
"He who does RIGHT is RIGHTEOUS!"

The man of today must; Reject the Scriptures, the Early Church Father's and all LOGIC to believe; "He can decide for himself truth"!

Dogknox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 02:38 AM

134 posts, read 155,249 times
I'm not very well-versed in philosophical views. Though I think your portrayal of the realativist is a wrong one. The realativist says that truth is well, realative. He may say that his truth is right,but he also says that the Christian's truth is right. The realativist says that no one view is more true than any other. Maybe a better way to put it is the realativist states that what is true is open to interpretation. I would not agree with the realativist. The truth is absolute. Even if we disagree on what the truth is it doesn't change it. By the way, I would like it if and when you responded you do not appeal to some quote in The Bible or other religious work, because I finding it insulting to your intellect.

Last edited by Rj7237; 05-21-2012 at 02:53 AM..

Old 05-21-2012, 02:53 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
This is the BELIEF of today's Man: "I will decide for myself what to believe; NOT the Scriptures NOT the Church"!!

Truth is: "Today's man, is a God unto himself!"

1) Today's Man Believes: "God can't give me his flesh to eat!!"
Yesterday's Man:
Ignatius of Antioch
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Scriptures:
"This IS my body"!
&
"My flesh is real food, by blood is real drink"!

2) Today's Man Believes: "Baptism does NOT save!"
Yesterday's Man:
John Chrysostom
"Do not be surprised that I call martyrdom a baptism, for here too the Spirit comes in great haste and there is the taking away of sins and a wonderful and marvelous cleansing of the soul, and just as those being baptized are washed in water, so too those being martyred are washed in their own blood" (Panegyric on St. Lucian 2 [A.D. 387]).

Scriptures:
"Make disciples of all nations, baptizing"!
&
"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved!"

3) Today's Man Believes: "Jesus left his Church at the reformation"!
Yesterday's Man:
Ignatius of Antioch "Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Scriptures: "I am with you ALWAYS to the very end of the age"!
&
"The CHURCH is; Holy, Blameless Body of Christ!"

4) Today's Man Believes: "The Church can't teach me"!
Yesterday's Man:
Firmilian
"[Pope] Stephen ... boasts of the place of his episcopate, and contends that he holds the succession from Peter, on whom the foundations of the Church were laid [Matt. 16:18]. ... Stephen ... announces that he holds by succession the throne of Peter" (collected in Cyprian’s Letters 74[75]:17 [A.D. 253]).

Scriptures:
"Listen to the Church"!
&
"All the authority of God is given, go and TEACH all nations!"

5) Today's Man Believes: "All I need is faith!"
Yesterday's Man:
Cyprian of Carthage
"Whoever is separated from the Church and is joined to an adulteress [a schismatic church] is separated from the promises of the Church, nor will he that forsakes the Church of Christ attain to the rewards of Christ. He is an alien, a worldling, and an enemy. He cannot have God for his Father who has not the Church for his mother" (The Unity of the Catholic Church 6, 1st ed. [A.D. 251]).

Scriptures:
"Man is JUSTIFIED by what he does!"
&
"He who does RIGHT is RIGHTEOUS!"

The man of today must; Reject the Scriptures the Early Church Father's and LOGIC to believe; "He can decide for himself truth"!

You speak the truth of yourself Dogknox...try listening to yourself, you may learn what Truth truly is...and not be so prideful to think you are the exception to your own rule....in which...ironically, YOU ARE THE SUBJECT.....but have been struck blind in your disbelief of God's truth just like what was done to Paul on his way to Damascus.

Condemned sinners are struck blind from knowing the truth. You do not see God's truth...you see man's made up truth and cling to it.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
That's correct.. Christians believe the scriptures

Jesus said:
John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.
Jesus did not say:
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to the church I establised will never go hungry, and he who believes in the church or goes to Mary will never be thirsty.

Jesus said:
John 11:25
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies
Jesus did not say:
Jesus said to her, “A church I will establish is the resurrection and the life. He who believes in works, believes in Pope's edicts, believes in Mary's intercession will live, even though he dies.
Jesus said:
John 12:46
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
Jesus did not say:
The church I established have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in the Church, Popes, priests, Mary's intercession, works righteousness should stay in darkness.

Last edited by twin.spin; 05-21-2012 at 04:09 PM..

Old 05-21-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That's correct.. Christians believe the scriptures

Jesus said:
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.
Jesus did not say:
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to the church I establised will never go hungry, and he who believes in the church or goes to Mary will never be thirsty.

Jesus said:
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies
Jesus did not say:
Jesus said to her, “A church I will establish is the resurrection and the life. He who believes in works, believes in Pope's edicts, believes in Mary's intercession will live, even though he dies.
Jesus said:
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
Jesus did not say:
The church I established have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in the Church, Popes, priests, Mary's intercession, works righteousness should stay in darkness.

Jesus said; "The CHURCH is the Pillar and the foundation of TRUTH!"

Jesus said; "Listen to the CHURCH or be treated as Pagan!"
Pagan: A person OUTSIDE of the Body of God!

Jesus said; "The Church is HOLY, BLAMELESS!"

Jesus said; "The Church is the BRIDE!"

Jesus said "The Church is his BODY!"

Jesus said; "He feeds the CHURCH"!

Jesus said; "I will build My Church" Singular!

twin.spin Jesus did not form any protestant churches all protestant churches are formed by men! If you are protestant you can't be IN the body of Jesus! It is just this simple!

Protestant reject the scriptures or they would be Catholic, they would not have protest!

twin.spin Scriptures are clear: Jesus is ALWAYS with his Church.. ALWAYS with! Meaning he is NOT he CANNOT be with any protestant churches!

FACT: To be a believer.. To believe IN Jesus, you MUST believe the words of Jesus!
You reject the words of Jesus (above)

Dogknox

Old 05-21-2012, 05:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
FACT: To be a believer.. To believe IN Jesus, you MUST believe the words of Jesus!
You reject the words of Jesus (above)

Dogknox
That's right .... you MUST believe the words of Jesus!...You reject the words of Jesus
Jesus said:

Jesus left out:
  • a "church" I establised
  • believes in works,
  • believes in Pope's edicts,
  • believes that Mary intercedes
It's simple... Jesus will expose such beliefs as the imposters they really are.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That's right .... you MUST believe the words of Jesus!...You reject the words of Jesus
Jesus said:

Jesus left out:
  • a "church" I establised
  • believes in works,
  • believes in Pope's edicts,
  • believes that Mary intercedes
It's simple... Jesus will expose such beliefs as the imposters they really are.
Hello twin.spin how are you?
Lets look at your scripture... The point of your scriptures is; The importance of "Believing IN Jesus!"

You reject Jesus, if you reject his words.. Do you agree!?
You accept Jesus, if you believe his words! So far so good??

Believing in Jesus... gives ETERNAL LIFE!
John 3:16 ....that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Again..
John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

John 5:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Hearing the words of Jesus gives ETERNAL LIFE! Continuing..
John 5:25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

twin.spin do you see it.. DO YOU BELIEVE IT!!???
those who have done what is good will rise to live,
DOING GOOD SAVES!!!
Christians believe in "DOING GOOD!"
I am CHRISTIAN.. Catholic's reject the man made doctrine of salvation by faith ALONE!
We believe the scriptures and Doing GOOD saves!
We are saved by "Doing Good"!
Man is condemned by "faith ALONE"!

The Pope is SHEPHERD!
Scriptures tell you so.. Peter was made SHEPHERD of God' flock!

Mary and all saints intercede... Mary and the Saints are ALIVE!! All people IN the Body of Jesus can't die!!
Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

twin.spin You must reject the scriptures to be protestant!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:10 PM

twin.spin do you see it.. Post #17 DO YOU BELIEVE IT!!???
Those who have done what is good will rise to live,

PROVING: DOING GOOD SAVES!!!

John 5:25
Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.
26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.
27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.
28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice
29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Jesus does NOT lie!
Christians believe the scriptures!
Men who believe they are saved by; "faith ALONE" must reject the scriptures!

Dogknox

Old 05-27-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You speak the truth of yourself Dogknox...try listening to yourself, you may learn what Truth truly is...and not be so prideful to think you are the exception to your own rule....in which...ironically, YOU ARE THE SUBJECT.....but have been struck blind in your disbelief of God's truth just like what was done to Paul on his way to Damascus.

Condemned sinners are struck blind from knowing the truth. You do not see God's truth...you see man's made up truth and cling to it.
Verna Perry I read your post...All very fine except you lack the scriptures!!!
Until you include the scriptures all you are is a clanging gong!!
Verna Perry Insult and accusation is the best you can do???!

I am Christian. Christians believe the scriptures!

I accuse or judge no one... I point to the scriptures and say: "Believe this!"
I point to the Early Church Father's and say; "Believe them!!"

You reject the scriptures and the Early Church Father's so, I am accused of becoming your judge??

Dogknox

Old 05-27-2012, 11:24 PM

151 posts, read 141,226 times
to OP, I agree. it completely wears me out. it's the reason I haven't come here in over a week. I had responded to someone about the value of Paul's teachings and said, "without them, your life is meaningless."--to which the person said, "who are you to decide what my life's meaning is?"

*cosmic sigh*

how can people be so assertively ignorant of their own conscious? if they stopped doing things and saw that they're acting without reason (besides they feel like it/ have impulses), they might actually see their foolishness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity