U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 01:14 PM

19,204 posts, read 14,816,616 times

Advertisements

The title is the only topic of this thread. This thread is not intended as a debate. I have already shown in another thread titled 'The Bible shows that man's soul is immortal and that the believer in Jesus Christ goes to heaven when he dies,' that the believer goes to heaven. But some refuse to listen. That's their choice. My only purpose on this thread is to ask how many of you who have believed in Christ for eternal life understand that at death you will go to heaven.

I am curious to know how many understand this and so would appreciate a reply from those of you who do. Even if you normally don't post, please reply to this question. Thank you. And again, this is not an invitation to a debate and I ask the moderators to not let it become one.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:44 PM

7,762 posts, read 6,628,168 times
Mike: Yes that is exactly what the Bible teaches and I believe it.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Mike: Yes that is exactly what the Bible teaches and I believe it.
Thank you for replying Prairieparson. I appreciate it. It is indeed what the Bible teaches.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:07 PM

2,779 posts, read 2,019,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The title is the only topic of this thread. This thread is not intended as a debate. I have already shown in another thread titled 'The Bible shows that man's soul is immortal and that the believer in Jesus Christ goes to heaven when he dies,' that the believer goes to heaven. But some refuse to listen. That's their choice. My only purpose on this thread is to ask how many of you who have believed in Christ for eternal life understand that at death you will go to heaven.

I am curious to know how many understand this and so would appreciate a reply from those of you who do. Even if you normally don't post, please reply to this question. Thank you. And again, this is not an invitation to a debate and I ask the moderators to not let it become one.
Hi Mike,

I believe that when I die I will go to heaven. I look forward to meeting you there.

Katie

Old 05-06-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Hi Mike,

I believe that when I die I will go to heaven. I look forward to meeting you there.

Katie
Thanks Katie. Same here. I imagine that sooner or later everyone in heaven will meet everyone else.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:17 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,523,080 times
I believe that a believer's spirit returns to God but that the person is not living in heaven consciously upon death. I believe that when a believer dies, he or she is dead until the resurrection. That is the glory of the resurrection. When we are resurrected, it will be as if no time as passed, when we see Jesus face to face, meaning that the dead do not know that they are dead. It is referred to as "sleep" by the Lord, because death is a temporary condition.

1 Thess. 4
15 for this to you we say in the word of the Lord, that we who are living -- who do remain over to the presence of the Lord -- may not precede those asleep,
16 because the Lord himself, in a shout, in the voice of a chief-messenger, and in the trump of God, shall come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise first,
17 then we who are living, who are remaining over, together with them shall be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in air, and so always with the Lord we shall be;

1 Corinthians 15: 53 for it behoveth this corruptible to put on incorruption, and this mortal to put on immortality;
54 and when this corruptible may have put on incorruption, and this mortal may have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the word that hath been written, `The Death was swallowed up -- to victory;
55 where, O Death, thy sting? where, O Hades, thy victory?' (YLT)

1 Timothy 6: 13 I charge thee, before God, who is making all things alive, and of Christ Jesus, who did testify before Pontius Pilate the right profession,
14 that thou keep the command unspotted, unblameable, till the manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 which in His own times He shall shew -- the blessed and only potentate, the King of the kings and Lord of the lords,
16 who only is having immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable, whom no one of men did see, nor is able to see, to whom [is] honour and might age-during! Amen.

No debate

God bless and peace

Old 05-06-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I believe that a believer's spirit returns to God but that the person is not living in heaven consciously upon death. I believe that when a believer dies, he or she is dead until the resurrection. That is the glory of the resurrection.

1 Thess. 4
15 for this to you we say in the word of the Lord, that we who are living -- who do remain over to the presence of the Lord -- may not precede those asleep,
16 because the Lord himself, in a shout, in the voice of a chief-messenger, and in the trump of God, shall come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise first,
17 then we who are living, who are remaining over, together with them shall be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in air, and so always with the Lord we shall be;

1 Corinthians 15: 53 for it behoveth this corruptible to put on incorruption, and this mortal to put on immortality;
54 and when this corruptible may have put on incorruption, and this mortal may have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the word that hath been written, `The Death was swallowed up -- to victory;
55 where, O Death, thy sting? where, O Hades, thy victory?' (YLT)

1 Timothy 6: 13 I charge thee, before God, who is making all things alive, and of Christ Jesus, who did testify before Pontius Pilate the right profession,
14 that thou keep the command unspotted, unblameable, till the manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 which in His own times He shall shew -- the blessed and only potentate, the King of the kings and Lord of the lords,
16 who only is having immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable, whom no one of men did see, nor is able to see, to whom [is] honour and might age-during! Amen.

God bless and peace
Thanks. But on this thread I am trying to find out how many believers understand that the believer goes to heaven when he dies.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:27 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,523,080 times
I know, Mike. I posted "No debate" under my post. Thanks and God bless.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I know, Mike. I posted "No debate" under my post. Thanks and God bless.
Thanks.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:11 PM

55,356 posts, read 29,820,176 times
I believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or