Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 09:22 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times

Advertisements

In Liberation theology, Christ came to be an "economic liberator". Sin becomes redefined as having wealth. Righteousness is taking from the rich and giving to the poor. There is a subversive movement within Christian circles attempting to promote this concept.

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Money in itself is amoral (ie without morality). The problem in itself is not money, as this is a necessary medium of exchange.

The Love of money is the root of all evil. The issue is covetousness. It is GREED.

This looks to be a principle that will be utilized by the upcoming World Pseudo-Christ. Redistribution of wealth. Possibly eliminating the world's banker elite. Replacing it with a resource-based society.

Revelation 13

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The Pseudo Christ comes first

2 Thessalonians 2

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Matthew 24

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the age?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

If they say he is in the desert or secret chambers, don't believe it.

Matthew 24

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Jesus Christ comes back in the clouds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 03:43 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
God through Lord Jesus is a good God..... See Jesus does not care if His Children are wealthy with money and prosperty,........ It is covertness, and greed and pride of Money which is the mark of the beast looking down on people and the turning away because rich people has no needs for the charity from God or others which blocks faith , and where there is no faith God cannot move to bless is Children...... For Jesus is not a Marxist, because these ideas are atheist, control and selfishness which was the downfall of the Soviet Empire...... It is like the fallen angels and demons who were very selfish in their ideas that they corrupted their ideas of the love of God , and this is their downfall..... God is Good..

Old 05-12-2012, 02:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
In Liberation theology, Christ came to be an "economic liberator". Sin becomes redefined as having wealth. Righteousness is taking from the rich and giving to the poor. There is a subversive movement within Christian circles attempting to promote this concept.

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Money in itself is amoral (ie without morality). The problem in itself is not money, as this is a necessary medium of exchange.

The Love of money is the root of all evil. The issue is covetousness. It is GREED.

This looks to be a principle that will be utilized by the upcoming World Pseudo-Christ. Redistribution of wealth. Possibly eliminating the world's banker elite. Replacing it with a resource-based society.

Revelation 13

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

2 Thessalonians 2

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Matthew 24

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the age?

Matthew 24

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

I agree about the greed part. Greed is NOT good, despite what american philosophy tells us.

Redistributing wealth, however. Hmm. Sounds like a good idea!

But as you're busy looking for Jesus Christ on a cloud somewhere, the banks will be happy to take your money.

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-12-2012, 05:26 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Russia has had re-distribution of wealth for many years. But its system is far far from ideal. They have many billionaires but the majority of the people are poor. So here is how their re-distribution of wealth works.

As to wealth, it is all in what you do with it as a Christian.

Did you know greed is idolatry?

Col_3:5 Deaden, then, your members that are on the earth: prostitution,
uncleanness, passion, evil desire and greed, which is idolatry,

Old 09-13-2012, 04:07 AM

717 posts, read 648,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

Revelation 13

2 Thessalonians 2

Matthew 24

Matthew 24

Aha, yeah right.

Perhaps you might comment on the following verses?

Ex 23:10 "For six years you shall sow your land and gather in its yield, 11 but the seventh year you shall let it rest and lie fallow, that the poor of your people may eat; and what they leave the beasts of the field may eat. You shall do likewise with your vineyard, and with your olive orchard.

Leviticus 19: 9 "When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. 10 And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the LORD your God.

Deut 15: 9 Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, 'The seventh year, the year of release is near,' and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the LORD against you, and you be guilty of sin. 10 You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. 11 For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, 'You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.'

Isa 3: 14 The LORD will enter into judgment with the elders and princes of his people: "It is you who have devoured the vineyard, the spoil of the poor is in your houses. 15 What do you mean by crushing my people, by grinding the face of the poor?"declares the Lord GOD of hosts.

Isaiah 10: 1 Woe to those who decree iniquitous decrees, and the writers who keep writing oppression,
2 to turn aside the needy from justice and to rob the poor of my people of their right, that widows may be their spoil, and that they may make the fatherless their prey!

Isa 58: "Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? 7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

Isaiah 61: The Year of the LORD's Favor
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

Eze 16: 49 Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.

Ezek 22: 29 The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner without justice.

Amos 4: 1 "Hear this word, you cows of Bashan, who are on the mountain of Samaria, who oppress the poor, who crush the needy, who say to your husbands, 'Bring, that we may drink!'

Amos 5:11 Therefore because you trample on the poor and you exact taxes of grain from him, you have built houses of hewn stone, but you shall not dwell in them; you have planted pleasant vineyards, but you shall not drink their wine. 12 For I know how many are your transgressions and how great are your sins--- you who afflict the righteous, who take a bribe, and turn aside the needy in the gate.

Amos 8: 4 Hear this, you who trample on the needy and bring the poor of the land to an end,
5 saying, "When will the new moon be over, that we may sell grain? And the Sabbath, that we may offer wheat for sale, that we may make the ephah small and the shekel great and deal deceitfully with false balances, 6 that we may buy the poor for silver and the needy for a pair of sandals and sell the chaff of the wheat?" 7 The LORD has sworn by the pride of Jacob: "Surely I will never forget any of their deeds.
8 Shall not the land tremble on this account, and everyone mourn who dwells in it, and all of it rise like the Nile, and be tossed about and sink again, like the Nile of Egypt?" 9 "And on that day," declares the Lord GOD, "I will make the sun go down at noon and darken the earth in broad daylight. 10 I will turn your feasts into mourning and all your songs into lamentation; I will bring sackcloth on every waist and baldness on every head; I will make it like the mourning for an only son and the end of it like a bitter day.

Zech 7: 9 "Thus says the LORD of hosts, Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, 10 do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart."

Jesus made it quite clear what his program was by quoting Isaiah 61 at the beginning of his ministry, let me just leave you with these last verses:

James 5: Warning to the Rich
1 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you.
2 Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten.
3 Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days.
4 Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts.
5 You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.
6 You have condemned and murdered the righteous person. He does not resist you.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
Aha, yeah right.

Zech 7: 9 "Thus says the LORD of hosts, Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, 10 do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart."

Jesus made it quite clear what his program was by quoting Isaiah 61 at the beginning of his ministry, let me just leave you with these last verses:

James 5: Warning to the Rich
1 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you.
2 Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten.
3 Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days.
4 Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts.
5 You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.
6 You have condemned and murdered the righteous person. He does not resist you.
Amen. Amazing to me how many people try to make despising the poor, the widow and orphan "okay" in God's eyes. The NT has a ton of stuff to say about the rich, and it's mostly all negative because the truth is that the filthy rich have gotten their money from the blood, sweat and tears of many people via busting labor unions, and lobbying the powers that be to allow slave labor practices, etc. The super rich have way more than they need and they love it that way. Yet children all over the globe starve to death and search for a meal on a trash heap. And someone will tell me God approves of this? I don't believe he does approve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity