Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:21 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times

Advertisements

Ok, this may or may not fit , but sometimes the doctors can be our worst enemies! But this passage I often find very comforting!

2 Samuel 22:2-4

2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

4 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psalm 71:21
Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.

Romans 1:12
That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 03:22 PM

264 posts, read 829,680 times
Father God, I ask that You give arguy peace in his heart and assurance that You are always there with him. I pray that you keep him healthy for he brings much joy into my life, and the lives of others, with his postings here. Bring peace and joy to his family and may they all grow stronger in their knowledge of You for having withstood this storm.
...In Jesus name, Amen.

When I'm afraid like that, arguy, I just call a "time out". I take the day off from work, get away from everyone, go to a place that I love (like the beach, or up to the mountains) and just walk with Jesus. I picture Him and I making those "Footprints in the sand" and I just give myself over and let Him carry me for awhile. I look around at all the wonderous things He has created and I'm reminded of "the lilies of the field" and "the birds of the air" and how we are "worth more than many sparrows."

Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
I'll be praying for you also Arguy.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:44 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
first i say friends because I have come to think of you all like that..I dont usually post alot about myself so im kinda hesitant..and maybe I should post in the "other" forum..but here goes...I have to get some test run on Tuesday..and well Im kinda nervous..I was worried about it this morning..and thought..Ill make a request to my friends on cd forum..and then I felt better about it...I know if I was reading this..I could post scripture about not being afraid, etc.. but sometimes its harder to "not fear' than it is to fear...God has given me peace about it..but Im still gonna keep on praying..and I humbly ask that you will too..thanks you!! so much
Many times we read in the Bible the words"fear not"...I think we all face fear at some point or another, but the Bible says:"fear not...for the LORD hast not given u the spirit of fear, but one of perfected love, peace/a sound mind and power." I paraphrased, but u r right to have peace when u know the GOD in whom u trust. I will remember u in my prayers

Old 09-19-2007, 03:47 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
Friends..thank you all..you have no Idea how much I appreciate your prayers and thoughts!!!
God Bless You All!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I just found this thread and I feel the faith, the power and the love of God and family so much here through the beautiful, sincere prayers that have been offered for our brother Arguy. The spirit of fellowship and oneness has uplifted me. I pray it will be felt by others who read this thread..It is almost like the prayer chain r special prayer meeting at church. I also will offer my prayers for Arguy..God Bless all of you..

Old 09-19-2007, 05:52 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Amen and Amen.

Arguy, you will be in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

God bless us all...

Weather...

Old 09-19-2007, 05:57 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times
My prayers are with you arguy!

Old 09-19-2007, 06:00 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,815 times
As I tell others, and myself on occasion, don't worry until you have to worry..

Sounds silly, I know, but in worrying, we could be building up a situation to be worse than it actually is/will be. Worrying just aggravates a situation that doesn't need to be.

There are great verses posted here already. One other item to think on is the "Footsteps" poem. God will carry you when you're unable to carry yourself. Trust in Him.

My prayers are with you also, arguy.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:13 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
You're in our prayers arguy,
May God grant you peace and strength, in Jesus Name
God Bless You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity