Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:18 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times

Advertisements

Why, when we have the bible ?.

Most of Christianity knows nothing of this, it is so blind sided by it's stance and defense of the written word( exactly where the devil wants you)it totally misses the reason why Christ came........He came that He may lead us from within. He came that we might have boldness and confidence before Him, He came that we might have Life and Life more abundantly,He came that we might know the Love of God that passes all understanding. He came that we might know Him,who to know is Life age enduring. He came that we may know where He always intended on reigning, in man in the here and now.

Christ is IN you, how amazing is that. The reality of this, no bible verse could ever match.

Christ never called us to defend the word,the Living Word of God is more powerful than anything we could ever imagine. We defend ourselves with it.

Desire above all things to know Jesus Christ in you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 AM

205 posts, read 373,889 times
yes jesus christ came to restore the kingdom of god back unto man, from the fall of adam because satin the devils had taken from adam... thats when jesus took the keys of hell and death away from then..thats why us humans call jesus the son of man

Old 05-15-2012, 12:16 PM

1,196 posts, read 746,874 times
I hear what you’re saying, but I have to make a correction. Jesus was SENT, by his Father, (John 17:3 -And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). He was sent…because his Father, Jehovah God, the God of Israel, wanted to save our lives. Because the first couple lost it for us ,(Rom.5:19- For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous).

He was sent to do his Father’s will ,(John 5:30 -I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me).i agree with one word you said..” satan” he wants us to NOT learn the truth, he does that by tricks ,(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil). This is why we have to get close to Jehovah God, (James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you). Peace

Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
I hear what you’re saying, but I have to make a correction. Jesus was SENT, by his Father, (John 17:3 -And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). He was sent…because his Father, Jehovah God, the God of Israel, wanted to save our lives. Because the first couple lost it for us ,(Rom.5:19- For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous).

He was sent to do his Father’s will ,(John 5:30 -I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me).i agree with one word you said..” satan” he wants us to NOT learn the truth, he does that by tricks ,(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil). This is why we have to get close to Jehovah God, (James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you). Peace
Thanks!!

What I described is what we lost.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:22 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,338,763 times
I think this topic is one of the most important topics in Christian theology, or doctrine, or teaching.

Hearing that all souls will be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ, brought much joy to my heart, and it has been a blessing over and over, every time I hear it preached.

However, when I go through trials, the thing that keeps me in peace and reassurance is knowing that my Savior lives within me. No doctrine gets that close to me. The communion with God within me is a whole world unto itself. It is everything. Period.

"And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. " Rev. 7:13-17

Blessings of Christ in you, the hope of glory!
brian

Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM

461 posts, read 478,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why, when we have the bible ?.

Most of Christianity knows nothing of this, it is so blind sided by it's stance and defense of the written word( exactly where the devil wants you)it totally misses the reason why Christ came........He came that He may lead us from within. He came that we might have boldness and confidence before Him, He came that we might have Life and Life more abundantly,He came that we might know the Love of God that passes all understanding. He came that we might know Him,who to know is Life age enduring. He came that we may know where He always intended on reigning, in man in the here and now.

Christ is IN you, how amazing is that. The reality of this, no bible verse could ever match.

Christ never called us to defend the word,the Living Word of God is more powerful than anything we could ever imagine. We defend ourselves with it.

Desire above all things to know Jesus Christ in you.
To know Jesus is to follow the son of man and to spread the good news of the kingdom of God.

As the son of man says; "Anyone who is not willing to pick up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me."

JN)"Whoever does not keep my words does not love me."

JN)"Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words, he already has his judge, namely the words I've spoken, that's what will condemn him on the last day."

JN)"If I do not wash you, you will have no part of my inheritance."

JN)"What I have done that is what you must do."
Once you know all these things ,blessed you will be if you put them into practice."

Old 05-16-2012, 01:22 PM

To know Christ in you, is Life and Freedom, especially from the clutches of religion.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,887,131 times
While it is nice to know Christ is in us/me, we must also know Paul WROTE to the churches even though they had Christ in them, to get them back on track. Evidently having Christ in us is not all we need to keep us from making shipwreck of the faith. We also need instruction. And as Paul told Timothy:

1Ti 4:13 Till I come, give heed to reading, to entreaty, to teaching."

Old 05-16-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
While it is nice to know Christ is in us/me, we must also know Paul WROTE to the churches even though they had Christ in them, to get them back on track. Evidently having Christ in us is not all we need to keep us from making shipwreck of the faith. We also need instruction. And as Paul told Timothy:

1Ti 4:13 Till I come, give heed to reading, to entreaty, to teaching."
That is because they never understood the message or placed themselves back under the law.

To be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:09 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,887,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is because they never understood the message or placed themselves back under the law.

To be spiritually minded is life and peace.
But they had Christ in them. Obviously Christ in you minus knowing His word = failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity