Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 04:18 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times

Advertisements

Dogknox, please answer my previous questions and then I'll respond to yours Thanks!

Quote:
I disagree with this. Only God can change a heart. Man of himself will not come to God. God must enlighten and bring about the change. Our salvation is not of ourselves. It is from God. God is on the throne, not man.
I will share this:

Jeremiah 17: "9 “The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?
10 “I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the [e]mind,
Even to give to each man according to his ways,
According to the [f]results of his deeds."
God bless and peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 AM

467 posts, read 467,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Dogknox, please answer my previous questions and then I'll respond to yours Thanks!

I will share this:

Jeremiah 17: "9 “The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?
10 “I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the [e]mind,
Even to give to each man according to his ways,
According to the [f]results of his deeds."
God bless and peace.
Hebrews 3:8
do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness,

All men are tempted, some survive some fall to the temptation!!
Even Jesus was tempted!!

It is FREE will and only free will, that is the deciding factor in surviving. God does NOT forces anyone to do right!
We are not robots!

Dogknox

Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness,

Amen!

Hi, I never said that we are robots But God works all things according to the counsel of His will, believe it or not (Eph. 1)

God bless and peace.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness,

Also, Dogknox, I never stated that we did not have a self will or a personal will. Robots don't have a self will or a personal will. I don't believe that it is a free will because God is on the throne and works all things according to the counsel of His own will. He is the captain of the ship and leads us to His destination. God bless and peace.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:00 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,874 times
Quote:

Also, Dogknox, I never stated that we did not have a self will or a personal will. Robots don't have a self will or a personal will. I don't believe that it is a free will because God is on the throne and works all things according to the counsel of His own will. He is the captain of the ship and leads us to His destination. God bless and peace.
Amen, Shana.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:06 AM

175 posts, read 174,730 times
Quote:
All men are tempted, some survive some fall to the temptation!!
Even Jesus was tempted!!

It is FREE will and only free will, that is the deciding factor in surviving. God does NOT forces anyone to do right!
We are not robots!
but He uses coercion (according to mainstream churchianity), does He not?, you know , love me or burn:

coercion:
the act of coercing; use of force or intimidation to obtain compliance.
force or the power to use force in gaining compliance, as by a government or police force

As for the robot thing: we are referred to being like clay, and what does clay do on its' own?

Isaiah 45:9
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands

Isaiah 64:8
But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Jeremiah 18:6
O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

Romans 9:21
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Old 05-31-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Agree, ultimately, God is the Potter and we are the clay in His hands. He has a purpose and works all things according to His purpose. God bless and peace.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:18 PM

When I think about the belief that the Creator can never make someone love Him, I had this picture in my mind of some person sticking his tongue out at God like a kid and yelling, "You can't make me love you!"

And God who is love, just chuckles to Himself and says softly, "You wanna bet?"

Just an image God bless and peace.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:26 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
The realization is that the disobedience of Adam will not be greater than what Jesus accomplished in His death and resurrection. What Jesus did will undo what happened to the whole human race when Adam sinned. God is a just God and He is a Savior, the deliverer of all who were born to become sinners. God bless and peace.
Amen!!
Everyone will agree with you that it is "just" that God condemned all men to become slaves to sin because of the disobedience of Adam.

But almost no one will agree with you that God is "just" to make all men justified through the obedience of the Last Adam that will ever be necessary: Jesus Christ.

They say that man has free will to accept Christ, but no free will to be made a sinner!!

Blessings Shana!
brian

Old 06-01-2012, 12:30 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
but He uses coercion (according to mainstream churchianity), does He not?, you know , love me or burn:

coercion:
the act of coercing; use of force or intimidation to obtain compliance.
force or the power to use force in gaining compliance, as by a government or police force

As for the robot thing: we are referred to being like clay, and what does clay do on its' own?

AMEN here too!!

There is such beauty in considering the omnipotence of God... to know that all things are in His control... that nothing happens without His permission...

Modern Christianity doesn't believe that God can save mankind! They only believe that He gives man "a chance" to "save himself." But the idea that God can form and change a man to become well-pleasing in His sight, is unbelievable!

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity