Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:14 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,647,283 times

Advertisements

When the Spirit gets to moving you, you don't realize how long your posts are, you are just so filled that it has to come out.

We are a pretty happy family here, and I for one learn something new each day from my brothers and sisters. I love to read their posts and see their insightful and thoughtful ideas. There are times that I have to stop and pick up my Bible and re-read a passage trying to see it from another point of view. SOmetimes I can, other times I can't, but what is important is that this person brought me to The Word. God works within each of us, sometimes to reach a particular person, and sometimes to put an idea out there for us to share how we view it. It is Christian fellowship and this pleases God.

Not all of us are christians, there are some who are not, but can come up with some of the most extrodinary posts I have ever seen, which put me in my Bible, searching for answers and seeing how my viewpoint matches up with others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 07:57 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,107,643 times
One thing I find interesting is how passionate people are about what they believe, whether they are christians or not. As mentioned earlier, some of the discussions have gotten pretty heated but most of them remain pretty civil considering the nature. It is nice to see though that christians are willing to voice their allegiance to Christ in a way that reflects what He is trying to instill in us and that is love and compassion towards others.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:52 AM

265 posts, read 662,936 times
Thanks so much for all your replies!
How wonderful, then, this forum is!!!
As I'm new, I am so grateful that there seems to be civility!!
I was actually talking about other religious forums on the net
( and I can give you a link to one, but I'm not sure if I'd be sued, LOL )
They can argue all day long, with 1000s of words and no one backs down,
until eventually someone brings up a new topic!
It is an incrediable bore and lots of places are like that.
I actually prefer light topics now; like what did we have for dinner?
But as I'm new here, you all sounds friendly and have common sense!

Old 09-21-2007, 09:48 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,850,880 times
Often times I've seen my posts get long but I just sit here and type what I would say. If you type up everything you'd say in a conversation, it tends to get lengthy.

As far as talking to someone who you convince of nothing, I look at it like this. The person I am usually posting 'to' already has their mind made up and they know what they believe and, you're right, probably nothing I say will convince them otherwise.

BUT<--and that's a big 'but'---what about the searcher the seeker the guy on the fence that's reading at home and not posting.

Honestly, THAT is my audience. And, I might add, thinking that way helps me not get so frustrated with people that are difficult. In other words, I'm really not talking to them so much, ya know?

Welcome to the forum though, we're always eager to have new folks with new ideas and new ways of presenting them join us for discussion.

I realize this post has gotten kinda lengthy, I hope you made it this far!!http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/eyes_roll_continuously_md_clr.gif (broken link)

Old 09-21-2007, 05:12 PM

265 posts, read 662,936 times
I realize this post has gotten kinda lengthy, I hope you made it this far!!http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/eyes_roll_continuously_md_clr.gif (broken link)[/quote]

LOL, you must think I have ADD~that's how my eyes spin just scrolling thru
an acceptionally long post.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:42 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,850,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/eyes_roll_continuously_md_clr.gif (broken link)

LOL, you must think I have ADD~that's how my eyes spin just scrolling thru
an acceptionally long post.
hehehe....I remembered that you said you got 'cross eyed'.

LOL.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:58 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,547,209 times
I don't mind a prodigious amount of words in a post,just so long that the poster breaks the paragraph up by spacing after a few sentences. This way it is not one long contiguous paragraph.I believe the eye and the mind can only handle a minimal amount of words or thoughts at one time.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:34 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,112,899 times
I guess the problem at the end is that Christians are human too. And some humans simply MUST get in the last word. It doesn't matter what it is, or what it's about, just so it's the last opinion.

We could be discussing the best way to install brake linings and there would be at least two people that would post the same old/same old over and over until one gives up. that's the way that things go in this silly world.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,107,643 times
I try to use the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid) when I write but it usually ends up being the PECK method (Problem Exists between Cranium and Keyboard).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity