Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 03:00 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Agree. I believe that there is a purpose for all things, including suffering. It teaches us so much, to trust in God, to rely on Him in the storms, develops empathy and kindness towards others, and so much more. Sometimes we want to question God and we get angry with God when something happens to a loved one, like our little child getting cancer. We want to know how God could let this happen to our child, but we have to remember, that this child belongs to Him first. God knows what is going on and He wants us to trust Him no matter what, even if He heals our child or if He has another plan for now. This child belongs to God and we have to recognize this and yield to HIs will no matter what. He only has the best in mind for all of us. God bless and peace.
Wonderfully worded imo, Shana!
When I look at people who have children, and seem to act as though they were "responsible" for having created them, or that they had the power to "create" life... and then the desperation and anxiety of possibily losing what they "made." It all seems so futile and sad to see. And I think, why won't they consider that their "creation" is not their own doing? Why don't they "let go and let God" in their lives, so that they can find peace? What a torment, to live a life of anxiety and care for things that they have no control over! If only they would let go.. They would immediately feel the hand of God upon their lives, and find peace!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 02:59 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Well said, Brian. I agree Anything that we have ultimately belongs to God. God bless and peace.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:43 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Some people prefer to live in fantasy and dreams rather than the revealed word of God. That's not a good idea.  

Ro 1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

Ro 2:8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger

Ro 12:19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Here Paul tells us that the government given by God is used as an agent for wrath upon wickedness and rebellion.
Ro 13:4 For he is God’s servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Eph 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.

Col 3:5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. ol 3:6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.

Hope this helps. Jesus warned many times about the coming of punishment, wrath, damnation and suffering for all who refuse to repent and come to Him to be saved.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:54 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Some people prefer to live in fantasy and dreams rather than the revealed word of God. That's not a good idea.  

Ro 1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

Ro 2:8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger

Ro 12:19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Here Paul tells us that the government given by God is used as an agent for wrath upon wickedness and rebellion.
Ro 13:4 For he is God’s servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Eph 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.

Col 3:5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. ol 3:6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.

Hope this helps. Jesus warned many times about the coming of punishment, wrath, damnation and suffering for all who refuse to repent and come to Him to be saved.
Especially, the wrath on those starving children. Bad children, bad children. If only they would repent....baskets full of bread and meat would be theirs for the taking.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Suffering produces character.
Only if the Grace of God is in our sufferings and that according to the will of God because suffering per say without God is very distructive. Our testamony is that Grace enables us to bear all things that are of God and people can see the differance and be drawn to that overcoming Grace.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:51 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Only if the Grace of God is in our sufferings and that according to the will of God because suffering per say without God is very distructive. Our testamony is that Grace enables us to bear all things that are of God and people can see the differance and be drawn to that overcoming Grace.
I agree that through God's grace, the suffering is easier to bear. All of the epistles in the NT include the blessing of "may the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ/God be with you." Every one.

Blessings!
brian

Old 05-25-2012, 09:00 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I have the answer. But, will not give it away so easily.
He doesn't but man enjoys it so much he dooms himself even when God offers him a way out.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
I have read that when we ask God why He allows little children to suffer, wars to occur, the innocent to be hurt, hunger to exist - He might ask us the same questions.

Given free will, we who believe are asked to be the Hands of Christ in the World. We often fail, sometimes miserably - but we are to try. If we cannot stop all the wars, save all the children, heal all the wounds - we can try, and perhaps make a difference to at least one of the many who are suffering.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:57 AM

467 posts, read 467,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"We were not meant to suffer the agony of torment."
Yup you are right.. God made all men and he loves all men..
It is men that decide to turn from God and suffer!!
If was the way God wanted it no one would turn away!

Turn away and suffer is the Lake of fire for eternity!
This takes place at the Last Judgement..
Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Jerwade Christians believe the scriptures. You must reject the scriptures to believe there is NO eternal fire!

Reject the scriptures and you reject Jesus!
Jerwade Reject the scriptures then you are NOT Christian!

SCRIPTURES>>> Into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:08 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I have read that when we ask God why He allows little children to suffer, wars to occur, the innocent to be hurt, hunger to exist - He might ask us the same questions.

Given free will, we who believe are asked to be the Hands of Christ in the World. We often fail, sometimes miserably - but we are to try. If we cannot stop all the wars, save all the children, heal all the wounds - we can try, and perhaps make a difference to at least one of the many who are suffering.

your rationale is rather facile

people dont claim to be all powerfull , all loving and mercifull , we also dont demand unconditional love and adoration for doing nothing

free will is a rather empty slogan which gets thrown around far too liberally , only the perpetrator of wrongdoing has free will , a victim of famine , natural disaster etc has no free will
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity