Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 04:11 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times

Advertisements

Sense of humor, folks. Fun songs that look at the Bible in less that reverant manners.

I'll start:

Hey There Delilah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,236 times
I don't know of any songs. I have heard a couple of stand-up comedians that covered religion without even one time having insulted, blasphemed or anything.
The biggest surprise of all was a cross-dressing, Brit named Eddy Izzard. He did a several minute routine about God and Jesus, I listened very closely and he did it brilliantly! I laughed heartily and not one time did I cringe, or turn the channel. I would have, but instead I was able to enjoy the whole thing.

Now, as the world is getting worse, I can't speak for the dude, now. I can't say if he has covered religion more times and done something that I would not tolerate, but, if I can find his old routine, and it sound like the one, oh yeah!

However, I'm not about to insult the OP and bring a comedian to a music thread.

Not a bad idea when it doesn't "cross the line."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity