Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 07:50 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

what can we do? we can lie to them and say god didnt do it with the rules he is teaching us and just went "poof there it is."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 07:51 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Looking for a proper understanding of creation from the view point of Thomas Aquinas, or Chardin, or Oxford's resident "tool" Carol is obstinance in the face of scriptural reality. "Evolutionary biology" presupposes that God "made things make themselves" over the course of a great age(s)...contrary to what God actually says:

"I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass." Isaiah 48:3 KJV

Actually no it doesn't. There's no real description of the individual processes of what went on with creation, just the general overall process. I.E. God creates lights, land, water, animals, etc etc etc... Even if that wasn't the case then you have to simply default to the reality that the bible is wrong in a lot of areas. Hate to burst your bubble with that one.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:53 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Of course theist will make this argument, but its not supported by any evidence. Why would a God go to such a length as to invoke an evolutionary process when all could simply be spoken into existence?

Because maybe "He" is the ultimate scientist and enjoys seeing the differences each environment play on his creations? You are assuming that "He" wants an end product as he envisions it, when perhaps that is not the case. The bible is also not supported by much evidence, yet you use it as a primer :-P. Seems oddly hypocritical, no?

Old 11-17-2014, 08:18 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
There's no reason to stop them from being taught evolution. All you have to do at home is to show them why evolution is just plain silly. If you can't do that, then its time for you to do some studying. Get some good books on evolution and the falicies in it written by Christians and that should do the trick.
Yeah! Just lie to your kids! And to aid you, get books written by professional Christian liars!

Old 11-17-2014, 09:36 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
The bible teaches evolution.

We are the temple, the tent.

But the first tent was made of animal skins, and now it is made of human skins.

The Temple design has an evolution in itself, and the whole thing is based upon a goat Temple.

When a person stands before the throne of God looking at the animal skins, he considers the black she goat skins, and beyond these are rams, and a fine woven work closest to the ark.

The Bible teaches that we are in a struggle between flesh and spirit, and the son of flesh is shown as an animal.

When Jacob put on the skins of an animal to fool his father into thinking he was Esau, it was a picture of one son inside the other, or more to the point, a picture of Jacob inside an animal.

The evolution of dying to the one and becoming the other shows evolution.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:29 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workerbeeishere View Post
We can't afford Christian school any longer for our daughter. She had to enroll in public school. We didn't think it would be a problem. Now, were starting to realize the lies that are taught referencing our descension from God and Christ's existence and our purpose in this life.

Times are much tougher then when we had to go through public school. I remember science teachers teaching us about evolution, that man came from apes, and everything exist due to a big bang theory.

All lies, it is terrible. We pray that she will see these for what they are and stay with the truth.
Stand on the promise Jesus delivers in Mark 11:24

Quote:
24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
and John 14:13:

Quote:
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Then pray that God will give you the money to send your daughter back to Christian school where she will be taught creationism. If you ask, you will receive. Just believe and have faith.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:52 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
There's no reason to stop them from being taught evolution. All you have to do at home is to show them why evolution is just plain silly. If you can't do that, then its time for you to do some studying. Get some good books on evolution and the falicies in it written by Christians and that should do the trick.
Absolutely. being taught evolution as a subject is far different than being taught it as a fact. There is so much science against macro Evolution that to believe in it takes more faith than Christians need. Constantly denied of course but the study of genetics is destroying the theory. There are many good books that can be used, based on solid science, that an help a child evaluate all the evidence, something the schools will not do.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:06 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Absolutely. being taught evolution as a subject is far different than being taught it as a fact. There is so much science against macro Evolution that to believe in it takes more faith than Christians need. Constantly denied of course but the study of genetics is destroying the theory. There are many good books that can be used, based on solid science, that an help a child evaluate all the evidence, something the schools will not do.
Simply put, macroevolution is reducible to microevolution. The difference here is time and number of changes.

So let's see this science that denies evolution on the grand scale... I'd really love to see it!

Old 11-17-2014, 04:33 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,428,640 times
One thing you can do, is go into the woods, find a cave and pretend you are in the bronze age.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:19 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yeah! Just lie to your kids! And to aid you, get books written by professional Christian liars!
lmao now thats funny . I couldnt even type lmao I was laughing so hard. "professional liars" ... to funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity