Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 02:47 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,616 times

Advertisements

Before we accepted Christ we had sin.
While we accepted Christ we have sin.
After we accepted Christ we have sin.

While we never perfect grace is not free-----John 8:31.

Grace on a Discover credit card is not free just handy so you can go anywhere without cash and change.

Blood atonement for Jewish people with animals; this was grace in the
old testament ancient time.

Blood atonement for everybody that's going to be a Christian now.

Being a Christian is not just giving up worrying and getting drunk.

It's more then being optimistic and positive for everything you want.

Legalism and Chrisitianity is the same thing-----2 Timothy 3:16.

The issue is what legalism today-----John 8:32.

I'm not going to convince a bible hater to have Christian attire since
they faking being saved----1 Peter 3:3.

Christian marriage is not for bible haters-----Romans 7:2-3.

Man bible rebuking another man is offending the bible
hater only----James 5:20.

Christian segregation is never for bible haters I know that---2 Cor. 6.

Gender teaching don't appeal to bible haters----1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Baptism pools offend the bible haters for being too technical--John 3:5.

Bible haters I'm not talking to you --------Titus 3:10.

Talking to the 100% bible believers----Psalms 133:1.

More to Chrisitanity then being a people person-----Luke 6:26.

No such thing as being too technical with all the bible----2 Tim. 3:16.

100% of the bible is what the young rich ruler hates.

His boast was in the 10 commandments only----Matthew 5:17-20.

Our boast needs to be in all the bible----John 8:31.

All the bible is very practical for the sincere Christian---Luke 4:4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 02:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
being saved i think gets played up too much.
sounds like the cortez conversion of the indians, after enslavement being saved did not seem like much fun.
i think we need to get on the right path. trouble is each man is righteous in his own eyes so we need the standards of the group to help us some.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
Before we accepted Christ we had sin.
While we accepted Christ we have sin.
After we accepted Christ we have sin.
An unchanging pattern of acceptance is followed by rejection; missing the mark.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Evangelical Christanity as a lot to answer for. The message you are a dirty rotten sinner,that anything good you do is scorned on by them and God unless you have admitted you are a sinner and become a Christian, is not the message of Jesus Christ.That a confession of faith in the bible and its supposed doctrines(whitewashed tomb Christianity) is looked upon as higher than actually living a life of faith( shall He find faith on the earth)and love( the vehicle that drives faith). The fear they place on themselves and those they try and reach for Jesusby what they believe about heaven and hell and taking everything they read in the bible literally, keeps them from entering and experiencing the true grace and love of God ( we know it by experience, not because the bible says so).

Tony x3 what you endorse as Christianity, Jesus Christ ripped into it and called it for what it is.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:26 PM

154 posts, read 210,218 times
Jesus said "be perfect as the Father in Heaven is perfect". Matt 5:48

Once we are IN CHRIST we are a new creation, born again. God expects us to live like we are. If we dont live in obedience to him, and if we are not like him in our character we will be lost ie....cast into Gehenna.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:44 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Grace is free gift Ephesians 2:8 if it was conditional, it wouldn't be a gift.

Jesus offers salvation freely Romans 3:24, Revelation 22:17

Old 06-08-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Obedience (this is the WAY)is nothing more than walking by faith in His Love, loving our neighbor as ourselves.

When Jesus said if you love me you will obey my commands, He was basically saying I AM the fulfillment of the Law, which Paul said Love IS the fulfillment of it. So if you Love me you WILL fulfill( be obedient to) the Law.He was not talking about obedience in the manner that we are to do as we are told or else.
I see it another way. Jesus said ONLY those who actually DO the will of God will be saved in the end. All else will be lost.

The unconditional salvation thing is a distortion.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well what is the will of God to you ?. Are you living up to what you beleve in regards to the will of God 100% ?.
The will of God is his commandments. As in the sermon on the mount. Or any of his other commands set forth by the Apostles. If it turned out I was not really living the life of an overcomer what would that change for you? Would others be exused because I failed God?

Old 06-09-2012, 06:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
The will of God is his commandments. As in the sermon on the mount. Or any of his other commands set forth by the Apostles. If it turned out I was not really living the life of an overcomer what would that change for you? Would others be exused because I failed God?
Not at all.

My question to you was are you doing the will of God ?.if you are not you are condemned to being lost too by your own beliefs. Or do you simpy excuse yourself when you are not doing His will ?.

You see Christians set themselves up for failure and self condemation by raising a bar that they do not attain to themselves , and if you condemn others to being lost and sent to hell, you are under the same condemation, because failure in them is no different to your own failure.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:01 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
It's a shame such an important issue such as Soteriology (Salvation from Perdition) has widespread interpretations across Christian groups. This has been a huge source of division.

It's pretty clear our good works are meaningless to a Holy God, we need to be "in Christ" to be purified. The question remains then is there a condition to remaining "in Christ?"

Does God give eternal life "freely" and then take it away again upon disobedience and then give it again upon repentance?

I also find it interesting so many are so enamored with insisting we are still under the Ten Commandments. The groups point to the Sabbath commonly and how we have to "keep" it for Justification. What I'm amazed at is "Thou shall not covet" is the Ten Commandments as well. So if you covet, you are under condemnation evidently in their system... The Law is one complete package. As demonstrated from the Scriptures in our Sabbath thread, we are not under the Mosaic Law - 10 commandments and all.

We could debate this issue further, or just all agree that the Lord wants fruit in our lives.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

This is about dying to self while allowing God to work through us producing fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity