U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2012, 07:16 AM
 
35,053 posts, read 9,073,081 times
Reputation: 4826

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
My dear boy, I asked for evidence that all the animals that have ever been on this earth came from single celled amoebas. Maybe you can provide a video of this actually happening? Maybe you can go to the amoebas and ask them how it happened? Maybe the amoebas left some written evidence that they started every form of life on this planet? Surely if they are smart enough to figure out all the life on this planet they are smart enough to leave some written evidence.

YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE. All you have is your opinion and the opinions of your faith-based religion called evolution.

I was so amused by your scientists who claimed on t.v. that fish came from amoebas and these fish flopped out of the water (no kidding, they said that) and they grew arms and legs (quite a feet, pun intended, wouldn't you say?) but wait! They didn't say they only have about 48 hours to grow arms and legs so they could eat and drink on land. And they didn't say how they lost their gills to grow lungs. And then these "scientists" said these fish turned into chimpanzees. Really, I am not making this up. And then the tall grasses came and the chimps could not see above the grasses so to get over that nasty little problem the chimps grew taller and became human! Really, I'm not making this up. They had all these nifty little comic type movies to show it actually happening just like they said it did too! So clever those scientists. I did get a good laugh out of it though. Arequipa, you have been brainwashed, hoodwinked, lied to since you were born concerning evolution. So I don't blame you.
Well, that's what I was expecting. I present the evidence and you shift position and won't accept anything but some bods videotaping it it as it happens. Which you know is unlikely to ever happen, so your denial is unchallenged.

Using your logic, nobody could ever be convicted of a crime unless they were filmed doing it, Dear Boy,

Your jokey misrepresentation of evolution theory with demands that everything be explained totally (quite apart from some of your questions having answers if only you researched rather than sneered) is simply going to show up your closed mind - yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-16-2012, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Venice Italy
1,025 posts, read 1,051,843 times
Reputation: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
On 22 March 1954 Einstein received a letter from J. Dispentiere, an Italian immigrant who had worked as an experimental machinist in New Jersey. Dispentiere had declared himself an atheist and was disappointed by a news report which had cast Einstein as conventionally religious. Einstein replied on 24 March 1954:

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

Extract Wiki, underlining mine, epic Fail, yours.




trust me I am full of admiration for you, I've recently discovered that the English sense of humor is truly exceptional, it give hard time to my gray stuff .... I also started a very special diet eating bread and fox's steak once a day

l do not pretend to become perfect.....l know my limits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2012, 08:49 AM
 
6,824 posts, read 4,900,495 times
Reputation: 3724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Arequipa, you have been brainwashed, hoodwinked, lied to since you were born concerning evolution. So I don't blame you.
Who's brainwashing the most vulnerable minds - Children - in public schools with their evolution religion?

And we wonder why we have 13 year old children shooting each other...

There is no evidence for evolution. Only what the elite financiers of the world want you to think is evidence for evolution, because they want to justify themselves in all their greed, murders, .. to get theirs.

They are simply paying people a lot of money to BRAINWASH entire generations of kids from an early age.

And the indoctrination has worked.

I've already been over this multiple times, and the brainwashing has worked so well with the evolution community they aren't listening...

An interdependent cycle by definition must have all components working or it does not function. This is observed.. << This is Science.

Everything is as it has always been in motion, but almost all scientists agree that there was a beginning due to the Thermodynamic Laws- thus all the "big bang" speculations - there has to be an explanation for the beginning to help explain our purpose for existence. Since 8 of the known moons on various planets are rotating backwards , this violates the conservation of angular momentum in which we observe in exothermic reactions, and it is irrational to believe that this all the result of some random explosion of nothing in which they have only poor speculation of where the matter and energy came from.

To believe in a Creator that is outside the physical dimension of time is rationale, but sadly many look to learn this the hard way when they are standing before the one they are accountable to for this life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 AM
 
35,053 posts, read 9,073,081 times
Reputation: 4826
I always find it astonishing that the tiny minority of unbelievers that the theists always claim we are no more than, are supposed to have such a stranglehold on all our minds, especially since the oil - dollars all seem to be in the hands of the Bible- believers. I trust that the 'reasonable' here are not fooled by such conspiracy theories and will trouble to look at the evidence for and against evolution rather than listen to election commercials and threats that the Boss will do you over if you don't toe the party line.

I suppose it won't hurt to repeat that I have several times asked for the evidence FOR Creation as an alternative to evolution theory - not arguments against evolution theory but evidence FOR creation. The only person who has ever tried here to get together the evidence FOR Creation was me, and skimpy it was, let me tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2012, 09:13 AM
 
35,053 posts, read 9,073,081 times
Reputation: 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
trust me I am full of admiration for you, I've recently discovered that the English sense of humor is truly exceptional, it give hard time to my gray stuff .... I also started a very special diet eating bread and fox's steak once a day

l do not pretend to become perfect.....l know my limits
I also know mine but I am always trying to correct my mistakes and learn from them. I can recommend the practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2012, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Venice Italy
1,025 posts, read 1,051,843 times
Reputation: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I can recommend the practice.



No really sorry but totally disagree on this, we are not all equals, I prefer an individual knowledge-path far away from the tips of the other persons


anyway thanks for your kind conversation.........l gotta go bye for now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2012, 07:59 PM
 
3,647 posts, read 9,346,856 times
Reputation: 5427
The short answer (I didn't read the entire thread, just responding to the OP):

There is lots of evidence of evolution. To deny it is ridiculous. Interspecies evolution is undeniable.

But evolution, from one species to another did not happen. And although there are "theories" that it did, there is NO proof. I am descended from humans. My betafish and I have no ancestors in common.

Caught the tail end of another post after submitting this:

I have posted previously about the "proofs" of creationism - there is evidence out there. Search "Creation scientists" and ICR (Institute for Creation Research) if you are sincerely seeking knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 PM
 
6,824 posts, read 4,900,495 times
Reputation: 3724
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I always find it astonishing that the tiny minority of unbelievers that the theists always claim we are no more than, are supposed to have such a stranglehold on all our minds, especially since the oil - dollars all seem to be in the hands of the Bible- believers. I trust that the 'reasonable' here are not fooled by such conspiracy theories and will trouble to look at the evidence for and against evolution rather than listen to election commercials and threats that the Boss will do you over if you don't toe the party line.

I suppose it won't hurt to repeat that I have several times asked for the evidence FOR Creation as an alternative to evolution theory - not arguments against evolution theory but evidence FOR creation. The only person who has ever tried here to get together the evidence FOR Creation was me, and skimpy it was, let me tell you.
They are Free Masons, not Bible believing Christians. They worship the light behind the cyclops eye sun god Horus on the back of your dollar bill. Albert Pike calls him Lucifer the light bearer. Their source of "illumination". The Bible calls him Satan the Father of Lies. They are believing the first lie Genesis 3 (ie evolution) - that man will eventually become a god superhuman race. << the same thing Adolf Hitler was after - the Aryan race of "Atlantis".

All that don't fit the criteria... >> the gas chambers. Mass Genocide of races deemed inferior by their overinflated egotistical minds. << this is the fruit of evolution theology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2012, 09:50 PM
 
35,053 posts, read 9,073,081 times
Reputation: 4826
At the risk of going off - topic, your VERY loose assembling of the 'not Real Christian' churches funded by oil dollars together with the whacky Aryran super-race -believers and somehow shoving atheists in there seems to leave only a small elect of Real Christians who are presumably just like you.

This sort of thought makes me prefer reason and evidence, which -to get back on topic -validates evolution, not Faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2012, 06:35 AM
 
35,053 posts, read 9,073,081 times
Reputation: 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
The short answer (I didn't read the entire thread, just responding to the OP):

There is lots of evidence of evolution. To deny it is ridiculous. Interspecies evolution is undeniable.

But evolution, from one species to another did not happen. And although there are "theories" that it did, there is NO proof. I am descended from humans. My betafish and I have no ancestors in common.

Caught the tail end of another post after submitting this:

I have posted previously about the "proofs" of creationism - there is evidence out there. Search "Creation scientists" and ICR (Institute for Creation Research) if you are sincerely seeking knowledge.
Search the Creationist sites if you are sincerely looking to be fooled and lied to -yes, 'lie' is not too strong a word, since those bods knowingly present arguments that they have admitted elsewhere don't stand up.

Search them by all means, but then check what they claim against the counter arguments to be found on Talk origins and the like, and make up your own mind which best accords with the evidence in accordance with the scientific method (N.b. if one doesn't do that, don't call it creation 'science' ).

I suppose I have to address the 'no proof' argument. This is the old fallacy of '100% proof' or 'believe or don't. The weight of evidence is so often ignored and is relegated to 'theories'. That's assuming that the evidence was even looked at rather than just 'there is no proof' parroted from one theist site to another.

Let me give the example of one poster not too far from here who denied the test -case evidence for macro -evolution of the Cetan sequence. Rather than deny that the fossils from Ambulocetus through Pakicetus and Basileosaurus (actually a mammal) to modern whales were related, he argued that there was no fossil evidence for a transition from toothed whales to baleen whales.

Lo and behold, what did we find but fossil evidence for toothed whales that also were developing baleen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top