Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
Verna, Let us not add anything to God's word. Let us just take his word and read it as is.

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Verna I know you want to go ahead and separate sin into two catergories: willful sin and ignorant sin.
These are the two kinds of sin you speak about. If you look closely you will see that they both end in sin. Wilful sin...Ignorant sin.

God did not separate the two sins in this verse. Instead he was clear: whosoever is born of him do not commit sin; willful sin or ignorant sin, or any other sin. The reason they cannot sin is because God has cut away there sinful nature and poured his Spirit full measure in them. Their nature is only of him/his Spirit. They no longer have any nature of sin within them, Ignorant, willful or any other nature of sin. This is how you know when you are born of God. No sin, (not ignorant or wilful), lie within you.

Genesis 2:2
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

None of us are yet born of God. His work is not complete until the Sabbath day (the seventh day), that is our day of rest, or should I say the day we die.

Romans 6:7
For he that is dead is freed from sin.

When we die, we are freed from sin, all sin, ignorant and willful alike.
Exactly willful and ignorant sin both miss the mark. You cannot dress up ignorant sin and justify it, we are denying the truth when we do. See it for what it is ( for God desires truth in the inward parts)be uncritical about it ( in ourselves and others )and forgive it and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 06:49 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Verna, Let us not add anything to God's word. Let us just take his word and read it as is.

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Verna I know you want to go ahead and separate sin into two catergories: willful sin and ignorant sin.
These are the two kinds of sin you speak about. If you look closely you will see that they both end in sin. Wilful sin...Ignorant sin.

God did not separate the two sins in this verse. Instead he was clear: whosoever is born of him do not commit sin; willful sin or ignorant sin, or any other sin. The reason they cannot sin is because God has cut away there sinful nature and poured his Spirit full measure in them. Their nature is only of him/his Spirit. They no longer have any nature of sin within them, Ignorant, willful or any other nature of sin. This is how you know when you are born of God. No sin, (not ignorant or wilful), lie within you.

Genesis 2:2
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

None of us are yet born of God. His work is not complete until the Sabbath day (the seventh day), that is our day of rest, or should I say the day we die.

Romans 6:7
For he that is dead is freed from sin.

When we die, we are freed from sin, all sin, ignorant and willful alike.
It is clear cimaroon that you do not understand the truth of God's holy word....yet you will not stop quoting Scripture as if you did. I cannot stop you...but you read God's word with scaled eyes....and He will not open up truth to you until He sees that you have a sincere heart to believe in and live in His will as opposed to your own. So be it.

I feel I have said all I can to you...so I am done, for now anyway...who knows if I will respond again to you...we'll see. I do hope for you that spiritually you will grow and someday God will see a new heart in you and give you His truth.

One last thing I will say to you though is that you are wrong about what you summize above...totally wrong....God says there is a sin that does not lead to the death of the soul and He explains that it is called sins of ignorance...He also explains that there is a sin that does lead to the death of the soul..and He teaches us in His word that it is called presumptuious or willfull sin.

God Bless.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 06-22-2012 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Let's put it another way.

I am not ye born of God, because I am sure I ignorantly commit sin.

I would be a fool to think that there are no sins I have committed that I did not realize were sins at the time I committed them.
So be it then.

God Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity