U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-24-2007, 10:06 PM

3,927 posts, read 5,311,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Yup I've been mailing them as I find them...I was wondering when you would notice.
Dang, and it's too late to label it return to sender...
Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:00 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,177,284 times
Quote:
We don't get many flies...but the spiders are good at eating moths and mosquitos so I don't think they are all bad.

I only have one rule for them and that is that if they want to live in my house they must never show themselves to me or they get squished. The ones that respect the rules of the house are welcomed to stay.
I have the same rule! Honestly, I hate spiders. I've been having a terrible problem with wolf spiders (big ones) in my garage. At least 4 have come inside the house. Those ones are too big for me to step on, I have to grab the Raid. And if the spider is between me and the Raid, I am at a loss for what to do. I am completely paralyzed with fear.

Hmmm...maybe I'll go on over and read that thread YHWH started about fear...

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:10 AM

1,921 posts, read 3,599,654 times
Quote:
I know they do it out of love and respect...but that is why the one cat I have ever owned was an indoor cat...I know I just would never have been able to deal with those kinds of gifts.
I had a cat that brought in part of a squirrel one time! Then, I had to go after it, under my bed, because the silly cat dragged it there! Needless to say, although I'm not really squeamish, that was somewhat disgusting.

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:15 AM

264 posts, read 517,370 times
Quote:
I think satan created spiders, and probably mosquitos too!
Absolutely!! And fire ants! Just got stung...again!

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
I have the same rule! Honestly, I hate spiders. I've been having a terrible problem with wolf spiders (big ones) in my garage. At least 4 have come inside the house. Those ones are too big for me to step on, I have to grab the Raid. And if the spider is between me and the Raid, I am at a loss for what to do. I am completely paralyzed with fear.

Hmmm...maybe I'll go on over and read that thread YHWH started about fear...
I go with that same rule, myself. Unfortunately, for the wolf spiders, they apparently haven't read the same rulebook, because I frequently find them in my house, trying to take up residency. Needless to say, their occupancy doesn't last long! As soon as I spot one, I'm grabbing a slipper or shoe, (preferably my husband's or son's, because they wear size 14 and 13, respectively). Some of those things make you feel like you're on a big game safari; they're huge! And, they don't just scurry, they jump! And, the worst thing of all is, I am the hunter, because my big brave husband and son, (6'8" and 6'4") give me the job!

Unread 09-25-2007, 11:11 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,177,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
I go with that same rule, myself. Unfortunately, for the wolf spiders, they apparently haven't read the same rulebook, because I frequently find them in my house, trying to take up residency. Needless to say, their occupancy doesn't last long! As soon as I spot one, I'm grabbing a slipper or shoe, (preferably my husband's or son's, because they wear size 14 and 13, respectively). Some of those things make you feel like you're on a big game safari; they're huge! And, they don't just scurry, they jump! And, the worst thing of all is, I am the hunter, because my big brave husband and son, (6'8" and 6'4") give me the job!
Well, I can be thankful that my husband gladly kills them for me.

Last week, I was in the garage and one that I sprayed didn't die, but wedged itself underneath my front tire. I just got in my car and put it in reverse. That did the trick.

My husband is still calling me a big chicken. I was really proud of myself for killing it.

Unread 09-25-2007, 11:17 AM

6,841 posts, read 14,733,342 times
My grandmother always said that it was bad luck to kill a spider in the house. She said that they killed the baby roaches. I always leave them alone in the hopes that she was right. I don't need bad luck and I sure don't want cockroaches!!! I'll settle for spiders anytime.

Unread 09-26-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
Well, I can be thankful that my husband gladly kills them for me.

Last week, I was in the garage and one that I sprayed didn't die, but wedged itself underneath my front tire. I just got in my car and put it in reverse. That did the trick.

My husband is still calling me a big chicken. I was really proud of myself for killing it.
Hey, any way that you can get the job done is a good thing, in my book!

Unread 09-26-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
My grandmother always said that it was bad luck to kill a spider in the house. She said that they killed the baby roaches. I always leave them alone in the hopes that she was right. I don't need bad luck and I sure don't want cockroaches!!! I'll settle for spiders anytime.
I've heard that one before. I surely don't need bad luck, and I certainly don't want roaches, (baby or otherwise), in my house either, but I just can't handle sitting on my couch, minding my own business, watching tv, and suddenly see a movement out of the corner of my eye, and see this big ole wolf spider sauntering across the floor like he owns it! I get the heebie jeebies, just thinking about him, (or her), making that same journey across my bed, with me in it!. I don't bother them when I see them outside; I figure I'm in their territory then, but by golly, I'm not having any eight-legged squatters in my house!

Unread 09-26-2007, 11:09 PM

46,836 posts, read 41,270,422 times
Quote:
Because I am having a hard time believing that he meant for all these dang spiders to be in my house! I mean He gives us a commandment that says not to kill and then He sends spiders into my house...nope I don't buy it.

I think satan created spiders, and probably mosquitos too!
i would like to address that. we had a plague of black widows at my house.
then we had a lot of lizards show up. no more spiders.
as to misquitos. i got to think a bit on that one. i know they provide a whole lot of food for bats. now dont ask me about bats please.
as to not killing he was talking about people. and you must admit we are doing pretty good with that most of the time. less killing i mean.
so please dont let a spider make an atheist out of you.
and get a pest control guy to help you.
thanks
stephen s
san diego ca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity