Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:55 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,410,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Ok now I will have nightmares! Thanks so much!
You betcha! Anything to make sure you never forget me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
And why do we have slugs? Especially the big ones. Does anything eat them?

We had an invasion of them one summer. Somehow, they managed to crawl under the concrete slab of our kitchen, up through the sink plumbing, and into the dog food bowl.. When I saw them the next morning, there were 12 still in the bowl. I took the bowl and dumped them in the toilet.

Stopped it up. They must have been clinging onto the insides of the sewer pipe somehow. We had a terrible time getting it clear. 12, 3 inch slugs, make a big wad.
Why didn't you just grab your salt shaker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 09:02 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,434,996 times
Yeah Rob, I get slugs, big slugs with their silver trails all over the back porch. The grandchildren love to be sadistic and pour salt on them..They just die and dry up..

Old 09-27-2007, 09:34 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,298,216 times
Now I'll give you guys something to REALLY worry about;

Arizona Boy Dies Of Rare Infection - Local News Story - KPHO Phoenix

Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,410,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Yeah Rob, I get slugs, big slugs with their silver trails all over the back porch. The grandchildren love to be sadistic and pour salt on them..They just die and dry up..
I wonder why salt does that to slugs. I'll have to Google that sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

Yeah, I read about that. Freaky, huh? I mean, it makes you wonder what might be next. I sometimes wonder if that stick I pick up off the ground is carrying some sort of bacteria, or if the water that just dripped on me from an awning is contaminated with a virus as a result of running over bird droppings from on top. Never EVER in my life have I heard of something like that virus found in the lake. I mean, weekly I walk past ponds that have been sitting stagnant in this past Summer's heat, and to think there might be something in there that could actually kill me if I jumped into the pond.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:59 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,298,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
I wonder why salt does that to slugs. I'll have to Google that sometime.

Yeah, I read about that. Freaky, huh? I mean, it makes you wonder what might be next. I sometimes wonder if that stick I pick up off the ground is carrying some sort of bacteria, or if the water that just dripped on me from an awning is contaminated with a virus as a result of running over bird droppings from on top. Never EVER in my life have I heard of something like that virus found in the lake. I mean, weekly I walk past ponds that have been sitting stagnant in this past Summer's heat, and to think there might be something in there that could actually kill me if I jumped into the pond.

two words;

NOSE PLUGS!!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:07 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,794,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

That is heart breaking. I feel for that family.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:29 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,115,234 times
Look at it this way...... If God created everything, so those bacteria were probably in the bilge water in the bottom of the Ark. We have to remember that everything is according to his plan, right?

Old 09-28-2007, 04:06 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,256,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
And why do we have slugs? .... Does anything eat them?
I do! Wait a minute.. not anymore. I can't believe I'm telling you this, but when I was ALOT younger my cousin and I were picking apples and dared each other to eat the approx. 1 inch slugs we found.. Some of our girl cousins were around, so of course we did! Just swallowed them... glooop! Just one, tho, but later in the evening we were worried that we felt a little sick! Hilarious now!

Old 02-01-2008, 06:12 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,328,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Because I am having a hard time believing that he meant for all these dang spiders to be in my house! I mean He gives us a commandment that says not to kill and then He sends spiders into my house...nope I don't buy it.

I think satan created spiders, and probably mosquitos too!
Satan creates zip.

The apostle St. Paul declares in no uncertain terms....

"From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists, and in Him everything ends."

or if you like,

"Source, Guide and Goal of all that is."

Everything= ta pavnte=

The all

Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,332 times
I agree...I mean I get it that everything has a purpose...but why does lice's purpose have to be to make us miserable and completely fearful of the little bugs.
If they weren't parasites and didn't spread so quickly then I wouldn't fear them
PS: I am terrified of spiders...but if they eat lice...then.."hello new best friend.."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity