U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-13-2012, 03:29 PM

2,270 posts, read 887,021 times

Advertisements

Not true.

I believe 'all scripture is given by inspiration of God'.

I just don't believe the false doctrine that
just because 'all scripture is given by inspiration of God' ?
ALL Scripture IS GOD's WORD.

As we can use Scripture to prove this is not true!

And when those who believe the false doctrine
that (ALL) Scripture is the infallible Inerrant WORD 0f God?
They only come up with more False Doctrine trying to prove it!

As the Scriptues of the Medium 0f EnDor is another case in point.

This is not my first Rodeo.

I've discussed this for many years with many men.

One man was studing to be a Baptist Pastor.
Who told me of course The Medium 0f Endor actually called UP the spirit of God's Prophet from the dead!

And I told him he would be teaching a false fear to The Lord's sheep!

You think this is the first time I've ever talked about this or presented this before? This is old hat to me....
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 04:01 PM

2,280 posts, read 875,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It was just a ***vision***. Jesus told the disciples to tell no one of the vision till later.

Right, "Tell the **vision** to no man.

Do you think when Peter saw the vision of a sheet coming down out of heaven containing all kinds of unclean animals that they were literally there in front of him?

If you will kindly note the context to Matthew 22:32 which you quote above it was said by Jesus to prove one had to be resurrected from the dead and be brought to life.

Moses and Elijah are still dead. Dead as a doorknob. They've been dead since the day they died. "David's tomb is with us to this day" Peter said. The only time we meet the Lord is when the dead in Christ rise and we, the living, meet Him AT THE SAME TIME.
No they are not dead, only their earthly body is. They are in Paradise, the 2nd Heaven, as is the theif on the cross. He is with Jesus as Jesus said he would be. The ressurection will be to the third Heaven.

It is apparant to me that you do not have a firm grasp of what eternal life means or spiritual reality. We meet with Christ here and now in the Spirit and later in fullness. And as Hebrews says we have already come to Mt Zion, and the New Jerusalem but we "see" spiritually only in part as discribed in Revelation. And we have come to the spirits of just men made perfect [Moses and the like] and we are supernaturaly connected to the body of Christ here on the earth by the Spirit. To know by the Spirit is to see. Spiritual sight has to replace earthly sight if you want appreciate fully all that God has for you here. A vision can be both for learning as what Peter saw but it can also be spiritual reality of things that do exist in Heaven.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
~ So if you believe the false doctrine
that "(ALL) Scripture" Is THE Infallible, Inerrant WORD 0f God?

Then you also believe the false doctrine
that The Medium 0f En Dor did have power over God's Prophet Samuel.

Gee, how sad to believe any Medium has power
to call even us up from the dead!
The witch did not call Samuel. He just appeared. The Scriptures say that she saw Samuel not a familiar spirit. She was so very surprised that she cried. Doesn't that say any thing to you about what realy happened. It was outside of her control because God intervended in the matter. The Scriptures say that If what a Prophet says comes to pass then he is a true Prophet. All that Samuel said to Saul at that encounter came to pass.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:20 PM

Saul told the Medium to Conduct a Seance for him.

And Bring UP for me the one I shall name. - 1Sam.28:8,9

~ You are saying God gave Mediums this power
over the Spirits of God's People???

SCRIPTURALLY
HOW CAN YOU SAY GOD HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS?

Does God let the spirits of His people be controlled by such witchcraft?

FALSE DOCTRINE!

Do you know what a 'Seance' is ???

" A meeting or session; now specif, a meeting at which a Spiritulists Seeks or profess to communicate with the spirits of the dead."

Why don't you quote for us The Scriptures of what God Says about such people, and His people having anything to do with them!

And we'll see if what God's Says matches up to your doctrine.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Saul told the Medium to Conduct a Seance for him.

And Bring UP for me the one I shall name. - 1Sam.28:8,9

~ You are saying God gave Mediums this power
over the Spirits of God's People???

SCRIPTURALLY
HOW CAN YOU SAY GOD HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS?

Does God let the spirits of His people be controlled by such witchcraft?

FALSE DOCTRINE!

Do you know what a 'Seance' is ???

" A meeting or session; now specif, a meeting at which a Spiritulists Seeks or profess to communicate with the spirits of the dead."

Why don't you quote for us The Scriptures of what God Says about such people, and His people having anything to do with them!

And we'll see if what God's Says matches up to your doctrine.
What Saul told the medium to do and what actually happened are two differant things. God was in control, not the witch. I certainly do not advocate anyone going to a witch but here in this story we have God having the last word in a very unfortunate situation. Even to the end David acknowleged that Saul was Gods annointed. I summit only that God had the last word over His annointed and not that it was good thing for Saul to have gone to the witch in the first place. He payed for his rebellion with his life as Samuel said he would.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 PM

Number One:
Did David KNOW
- The Lord had Departed from Saul? - 1Sam.16:13/18:12
- Did David Know The Kingdom was torn From Saul? - 1Sam.15:28
NO. So of course David still thought of Saul as God's anointed.

Even so because David would not harm Saul, David said first.

As The Lord lives He shall strike Saul
Or his day shall come to die,
Or Saul Shall Go 0ut To Battle And Perish. - 1Sam.26:10

Samuel also told Saul rebellion against what God said for him to do?
"Is As The Sin 0f Witchcraft' - 1Sam.15:22,23

Which Saul turned to by his own sin against God.

But you say, no? It was from God?

Your doctrine is false.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Number One:
Did David KNOW
- The Lord had Departed from Saul? - 1Sam.16:13/18:12
- Did David Know The Kingdom was torn From Saul? - 1Sam.15:28
NO. So of course David still thought of Saul as God's anointed.

Even so because David would not harm Saul, David said first.

As The Lord lives He shall strike Saul
Or his day shall come to die,
Or Saul Shall Go 0ut To Battle And Perish. - 1Sam.26:10

Samuel also told Saul rebellion against what God said for him to do?
"Is As The Sin 0f Witchcraft' - 1Sam.15:22,23

Which Saul turned to by his own sin against God.

But you say, no? It was from God?

Your doctrine is false.
And what doctrine is that? You apparantly think that somehow I am advocating going to a witch when all I am saying is that God had the last word in the matter. Think what you will. It is of no importance to me. When the Bible says that it was Samuel and all that he said came to pass then I take it to mean Samuel. Familar spirits lie and would not know the details of Sauls' sons end and that of Saul himself and of the fact that the
host of Israel would be delivered into the hand of the Philistines.

1SAM 31:1-2 "Now the Philistines fought against Israel: and the men of Israel fled from before the Philistines, and fell down slain in mount Gilboa. And the Philistines followed hard upon Saul and upon his sons; and the Philistines slew Jonathan, and Abinadab, and Melchishua, Saul's sons." All this happened according to what Samuel had said.

The annointing to be King had indeed departed but was that the end of God dealing with Saul in some other way?

I have said all I am going to say and let everyone make their own judgement on the matter.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:42 AM

So you don't think evil spirits know the fate of one who is against God?

Did Satan know the fate of Judas?

'Familar Spirits' are spirits, Familar with the affairs of men.
And they repeat things said by men as if they are the spirits of men.

God's Prophet Samuel already spoke about God taking the kingdom from Saul.
God's servant David had already spoke of Saul's demise in battle.

Saul to whom The Spirit 0f The Lord had left
and Saul had 'defiled' himself with the Meduim's familar spirit;
told Saul him and his son's would be down in the earth with him?
1Sam.28:13,19

God said,
'GIVE NO Reguard to Mediums and Familiar Spirits; do not seek after them to be defiled by them."
Lev.19:31

But, you say NO? This Medium called on the Spirit 0f God's Prophet Samuel?

When a doctrine contridicts what God said? It's a 'false doctrine'.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 AM

11,647 posts, read 4,395,817 times
Quote:
Answer this about The Medium 0f En Dor.

1 Sam.28:7-These scriptures state that she
brought the Prophet Samuel to speak to Saul.

Is this the truth of God's WORD
that the Medium really did as these Scriptures say?

Or, was it just written by a Scribe as, of what they believed?
God is in control here. He brought Samuel up out of the ground and used the opportunity to give Saul a message about his disobedience and how Israel is not under his kingship. The woman was startled that he came up in verse 12. No human being has control of the spirits in this manner.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:17 AM

10,544 posts, read 5,050,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
No they are not dead, only their earthly body is. They are in Paradise, the 2nd Heaven, as is the theif on the cross. He is with Jesus as Jesus said he would be. The ressurection will be to the third Heaven.

It is apparant to me that you do not have a firm grasp of what eternal life means or spiritual reality. We meet with Christ here and now in the Spirit and later in fullness. And as Hebrews says we have already come to Mt Zion, and the New Jerusalem but we "see" spiritually only in part as discribed in Revelation. And we have come to the spirits of just men made perfect [Moses and the like] and we are supernaturaly connected to the body of Christ here on the earth by the Spirit. To know by the Spirit is to see. Spiritual sight has to replace earthly sight if you want appreciate fully all that God has for you here. A vision can be both for learning as what Peter saw but it can also be spiritual reality of things that do exist in Heaven.
Sorry but Jesus was not in paradise with the thief playing checkers while their bodies were in the tomb.

Paradise is to be in the future when Christ comes in His kingdom on earth.

Jesus didn't say to the thief: "Today you will be with Me in Paradise" but said "I say to you today, with Me you will be in Paradise." When? When He comes in His kingdom.

Jews don't go to heaven in the resurrection. They stay on the earth and will be in the Kingdom Jesus will set up on the earth during the millennium.

It is apparent to me that you do not have a firm grasp of what eternal life means or spiritual reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity