Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:21 PM

481 posts, read 864,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you: My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you.

"The dominant cord of peace and quietness resides within, reach for it."
I have my brother, and it lives in me as I live in it.

....I say amen to this truth.

Flesh does not have peace but chaos my friend, and what Jesus what speaking of is of the Spirit, not of flesh my brother. Loose yourself from this world brother/sister, and life will be received, and through this life received; Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Righteousness, Gentleness, and Self-Control will be you.

God bless your soul, God loves you, God be with you, now set yourself free my friend.

....Shalom haveri

Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1 View Post
I have my brother, and it lives in me as I live in it.

....I say amen to this truth.

Flesh does not have peace but chaos my friend, and what Jesus what speaking of is of the Spirit, not of flesh my brother. Loose yourself from this world brother/sister, and life will be received, and through this life received; Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Righteousness, Gentleness, and Self-Control will be you.

God bless your soul, God loves you, God be with you, now set yourself free my friend.

....Shalom haveri
I was never in bondage, nor have I ever taken a detour through the land of Egypt.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

(Against such things, there is no law of condemnation)

We do not enter the kingdom within by believing in, or through merely accepting and worshiping Jesus, if that were the case all of the teachings about the behavioral
requirements of conforming to the light of the Spirit; that of love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, would be in error.

Be of sound mind, giving it the fruit of the Spirit test!

Old 06-18-2012, 09:57 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Has anyone Christian or otherwise ever had any actual confrontation with a devil or evil spirit that tried to lead them into sin when they were otherwise strong enough to walk away from it?
I don't know that I've had exactly the kind of confrontation you're thinking of, but my husband and I did have a very spooky thing happen to us once.

This happened back in 1974 (or there abouts) when we were in our 20s. We were on a six-week trip through Europe. Our travel was all by train. One day, we were on a train bound for Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castles in Bavaria when a young girl about our age and her just-graduated-from-high-school brother got on the train and sat down in the seats facing ours. When we heard them speaking English, we started to talk to them. They were really nice, really friendly. We spent the whole train trip talking to them and the four of us stuck pretty close together on the tour of the castles. When we got back on the train, the young woman asked where we were staying, and we told her. She and her brother hadn't found a place to stay for the night, so we suggested they check out our hotel.

It was a little family-owned hotel. They were able to get a room there. After dinner, the four of us met in the little lobby (it was actually more like a parlor of a little old-fashioned house) where we sat down to visit some more. We'd been talking for quite a while when I suddenly felt an extremely dark presence in the room. I can't even remember what we were talking about, but there didn't seem to be any reason for the horrible feeling I was experiencing. I remember feeling really scared, but also confused as to what was happening. I just kind of sat there wondering what to do when my husband quickly brought the conversation to a close, saying something like, "Well, we've got an early train to catch tomorrow. I think we'd better be turning in for the night." We told them goodnight and went up to our room. As soon as we had shut the door of our room, my husband said to me, "I'm really sorry. You were probably really enjoying yourself, but I had the most scary feeling. It was like something really evil was there in the room with us. I don't know what it could have been, but I just had to get out of there." Needless to say, I was absolutely speechless. The feeling had left us when we left the presence of that young woman and her brother, and we never saw them again, but we'd both felt it and it had absolutely terrified both of us.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't know that I've had exactly the kind of confrontation you're thinking of, but my husband and I did have a very spooky thing happen to us once.

This happened back in 1974 (or there abouts) when we were in our 20s. We were on a six-week trip through Europe. Our travel was all by train. One day, we were on a train bound for Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castles in Bavaria when a young girl about our age and her just-graduated-from-high-school brother got on the train and sat down in the seats facing ours. When we heard them speaking English, we started to talk to them. They were really nice, really friendly. We spent the whole train trip talking to them and the four of us stuck pretty close together on the tour of the castles. When we got back on the train, the young woman asked where we were staying, and we told her. She and her brother hadn't found a place to stay for the night, so we suggested they check out our hotel.

It was a little family-owned hotel. They were able to get a room there. After dinner, the four of us met in the little lobby (it was actually more like a parlor of a little old-fashioned house) where we sat down to visit some more. We'd been talking for quite a while when I suddenly felt an extremely dark presence in the room. I can't even remember what we were talking about, but there didn't seem to be any reason for the horrible feeling I was experiencing. I remember feeling really scared, but also confused as to what was happening. I just kind of sat there wondering what to do when my husband quickly brought the conversation to a close, saying something like, "Well, we've got an early train to catch tomorrow. I think we'd better be turning in for the night." We told them goodnight and went up to our room. As soon as we had shut the door of our room, my husband said to me, "I'm really sorry. You were probably really enjoying yourself, but I had the most scary feeling. It was like something really evil was there in the room with us. I don't know what it could have been, but I just had to get out of there." Needless to say, I was absolutely speechless. The feeling had left us when we left the presence of that young woman and her brother, and we never saw them again, but we'd both felt it and it had absolutely terrified both of us.
Interesting story, now I will be wondering if anything happened to them?
Or, what their motives might have been?

Old 06-19-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I was never in bondage, nor have I ever taken a detour through the land of Egypt.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

(Against such things, there is no law of condemnation)

We do not enter the kingdom within by believing in, or through merely accepting and worshiping Jesus, if that were the case all of the teachings about the behavioral
requirements of conforming to the light of the Spirit; that of love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, would be in error.

Be of sound mind, giving it the fruit of the Spirit test!
Longsuffering, Patience, or forbearance (translated from the Greek word Makrothumia. This word combines the roots makro, meaning "long", and thumos, meaning "temper", so literally means "to be long tempered." The oppisite of "short temper", describing the mind holding back a long time before it expresses itself in action or passion. Longsuffering is proof of God our Fathers goodness, faithfulness and His decree to grant us salvation. Romans 2:4 describes God as forbearing and longsuffering.

Forbearance is refraining from the enforcement of something that is due like a debt, right, or obligation. Longsuffering differs slightly in that its emphasis is on temperament.

Anyways, Jesus would always say to "Be Still", and that is the calming we do for our own souls through our own free will choice, so that way we can hear our Father speak to us as the Spirit moves in us & among us, as thus, the Fruits of the Spirit will emit from us through our faith and good deeds like a beacon of light (similar to a lighthouse per say). Then when God our Father sees these through our faith and good deeds, He then blesses us with the Gifts of the Spirit.

....Shalom achi

Old 06-19-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

You were blessed with the "Discerning of Spirits" my friend. Some are blessed with this all the time, and some are blessed with this Gift of the Spirit when God deems it necessary for us. Sometimes we has sinners will also sense a familiar spirit, being it is of God or of the most unclean. In this case, it was of the most unclean. We at times either through Discerning of Spirits or through past or present oppression and bondage (soulful or spiritual), we can sense the same oppressive spirits (the most unclean) when they are present. I through the grace of God our Father have been blessed with the Gift of Discerning of Spirits on a full time basis, and it is fun at times, but at times it feels like a curse per say...hahaha. Does this make me physic? NO, by no means. I can just sense in full a person that is in oppression and bondage through either soulful or spiritual. I can sense feel the most unclean when they are around or oppressing my brothers and sisters (through soulful or spiritual) as somewhat mentioned above in this story. I just have a stronger sense and more of a connection through the Holy Spirit with these unclean and of God. Negativity is a huge meter kicker per say...hahaha. Thus the reason the Spirit has moved Deliverance Ministry upon me for years now, as I am His vessel, and He lives in me as I live in Him.

All I can say, is praise Jesus!! For the honor, the glory, the praise, and thanksgiving is given to Christ Jesus, and through Christ Jesus to God our Father. Elohei Ma'uzzi (the God of my strength)

....Shalom achi / akhoti

Old 06-19-2012, 09:16 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Peter and Paul warn us in no uncertain terms to be on guard against satan, the devil, the serpent--whatever you want to call this entity. They make it sound like he's a boogeyman in the dark waiting to spring out and gobble you up alive the moment you blink. I must confess, though, I have never had the slightest fear of satan. He's never bothered me, threatened me, done anything to make me think he even exists. It's actually easy for me to think he doesn't exist, except that Jesus spoke of him. The only tempter I've ever had to confront is my own flesh. The idea that the devil sits on our shoulder whispering into our ears to sin is, to me, just a lot of baloney. Basically, satan is just a cop-out for weak people to have some entity to blame for their own weakness of flesh, in my opinion.

Has anyone Christian or otherwise ever had any actual confrontation with a devil or evil spirit that tried to lead them into sin when they were otherwise strong enough to walk away from it?
The answer to this question is YES for ALL truly Born Again Followers of Christ. In fact, it is a daily quest for Satan and his Minions to try to lure Christians off the solid path from which they want to walk. The N.T. is replete with passages indicating, warning us to be on guard from Satanic attacks of the Mind with how we can overcome these Mind attacks highlighted in Ephesians chapter 6 . If Christians arent being attacked and pursuaded to do wrong whether in thought, word, or deed....then id wonder if they are truly committed to Christ. We need to be very vigilant in this area .

Old 06-19-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1 View Post
Longsuffering, Patience, or forbearance (translated from the Greek word Makrothumia. This word combines the roots makro, meaning "long", and thumos, meaning "temper", so literally means "to be long tempered." The oppisite of "short temper", describing the mind holding back a long time before it expresses itself in action or passion. Longsuffering is proof of God our Fathers goodness, faithfulness and His decree to grant us salvation. Romans 2:4 describes God as forbearing and longsuffering.

Forbearance is refraining from the enforcement of something that is due like a debt, right, or obligation. Longsuffering differs slightly in that its emphasis is on temperament.

Anyways, Jesus would always say to "Be Still", and that is the calming we do for our own souls through our own free will choice, so that way we can hear our Father speak to us as the Spirit moves in us & among us, as thus, the Fruits of the Spirit will emit from us through our faith and good deeds like a beacon of light (similar to a lighthouse per say). Then when God our Father sees these through our faith and good deeds, He then blesses us with the Gifts of the Spirit.

....Shalom achi
Tempered with mercy.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:46 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
yes , i worked for the devil many years ago while overseas as a twenty year old

Old 06-20-2012, 05:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
The answer to this question is YES for ALL truly Born Again Followers of Christ. In fact, it is a daily quest for Satan and his Minions to try to lure Christians off the solid path from which they want to walk. The N.T. is replete with passages indicating, warning us to be on guard from Satanic attacks of the Mind with how we can overcome these Mind attacks highlighted in Ephesians chapter 6 . If Christians arent being attacked and pursuaded to do wrong whether in thought, word, or deed....then id wonder if they are truly committed to Christ. We need to be very vigilant in this area .
It would be a big help to understand that all such attacks are happening from within us, not from the outside.

The weapons we fight with are not weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity