Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 691 times

Advertisements

Yes, I have static image coming from another plane or something made hissing face no sound, as soon as I said Jesus's name in my mind he vanished. Never seen since, just looking to see if anyone has similar experience.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
I swear that the devil is a fictional character that is kept alive through our belief in such an entity. BUT- I will have to admit that I have had a confrontation with this force of darkness and evil. About 13 years ago I went through a period of searching for the truth..I wanted to re-embrace the ancient orthodox Christian faith of my forefathers...I studied and cross referenced and meditated to the point of being very aware of things that most do not dare go near.

Here is the difficult part. I challenged and provoked the devil. I wanted to know if this thing existed. I lived in a very private rural place where the nights were very dark and I would take long walks in the woods. Finally all hell broke loose. Every person in my area seemed to attack me all at once. My world totally changed. I ended up with some legal problems..that took months to clear up- I had a financial collapse..my 18 year career came to an end...Then to make things worse I assisted my brother for the next 5 years in a legal battle based in a social justice issue.

The positive part was I had a good working knowledge of evil by this point that made me fearless when it came to dealing with corruption. I would never provoke pure evil again..but like a curious kid I wanted to know..My life has not been the same since. It gave me a thing called wisdom...but the price was very high and at this point I am still alien to most human systems...Yes- I called the devil on and survived - Just.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I swear that the devil is a fictional character that is kept alive through our belief in such an entity. BUT- I will have to admit that I have had a confrontation with this force of darkness and evil. About 13 years ago I went through a period of searching for the truth..I wanted to re-embrace the ancient orthodox Christian faith of my forefathers...I studied and cross referenced and meditated to the point of being very aware of things that most do not dare go near.

Here is the difficult part. I challenged and provoked the devil. I wanted to know if this thing existed. I lived in a very private rural place where the nights were very dark and I would take long walks in the woods. Finally all hell broke loose. Every person in my area seemed to attack me all at once. My world totally changed. I ended up with some legal problems..that took months to clear up- I had a financial collapse..my 18 year career came to an end...Then to make things worse I assisted my brother for the next 5 years in a legal battle based in a social justice issue.

The positive part was I had a good working knowledge of evil by this point that made me fearless when it came to dealing with corruption. I would never provoke pure evil again..but like a curious kid I wanted to know..My life has not been the same since. It gave me a thing called wisdom...but the price was very high and at this point I am still alien to most human systems...Yes- I called the devil on and survived - Just.
yes--after i was involved in a prayer session pre an exorcism--those involved in the excorcism were attacked for a much longer time

Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
Yes indeed, he has many here trying to deceive people into believing everyone will be saved and God is a liar.
Now you are saying God is a liar, Dennis?

"God will have all mankind to be saved for . . . Christ gave Himself a ransom for all. To be testified in due time" (1 Tim.2:4-6).

Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM

367 posts, read 370,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Personal attack removed

"God will have all mankind to be saved for . . . Christ gave Himself a ransom for all. To be testified in due time" (1 Tim.2:4-6).
Here is where you misunderstanding this verse. You think "will have" means it must happen. That's not what the word means at all.

thelo to wish, i.e. be inclined to (sometimes adverbially, gladly); impersonally for the future tense, to be about to; by Hebraism, to delight in:--desire

The word "will" in English is not an absolute. It means to have a wish or desire

Here are how some others translate it into English:

NIV 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

HCSB 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

RSB 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

ESV who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth

Darby who desires that all men should be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:31 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Here is where you misunderstanding this verse. You think "will have" means it must happen. That's not what the word means at all.

thelo to wish, i.e. be inclined to (sometimes adverbially, gladly); impersonally for the future tense, to be about to; by Hebraism, to delight in:--desire

The word "will" in English is not an absolute. It means to have a wish or desire

HCSB 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

RSB 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

ESV who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth

Darby who desires that all men should be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.
The action is indicative or that of being real, "Who desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth."
Nowhere is it subjunctive, that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subjects response.
Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or 'wishful thinking' that the man might come to this salvation and knowledge.

What it boils down to is whether you believe that God gets what he wants or not?

The psychology of Satan and Hell within Religion has clouded the soul.
Take heed and beware of the leaven; the Pharisee’s eternal punishment.
And that of the Sadducee’s annihilationism.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuin View Post
Very true.

I assume you're referring to the "man of sin" sitting in the "temple of God."

"Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)

Christians forget what the temple of God is:

"Know not that YOU ARE the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple YOU ARE. What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 6:19)

If you have tasted that the Lord is gracious, Who came as unto a LIVING STONE, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, YOU ALSO, as LIVELY STONES, are built up a SPIRITUAL HOUSE, AN HOLY PRIESTHOOD, TO OFFER UP SPIRITUAL SACRIFICES, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 2:3-5)

The man of sin "exalts himself above all...so that he AS GOD sits IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD" (2 Thessalonians 2:4) The popular, yet false teaching says that Paul was speaking of a future rebuilt JEWISH TEMPLE in Jerusalem. But every reference that Paul made to the "temple of God" reveals that he NEVER applied this term to the Jewish temple! When the Bible speaks of the "literal temple," the word "hieron" is used. This word is used 71 times in the New Testament in reference to the temple at Jerusalem. On the other hand, the word that Paul used for temple is "naos" which refers not to the literal temple, but to the Holy Place. NAOS is THE DWELLING PLACE OF GOD. And the dwelling place of God is now HIS MANY MEMBERED BODY.

Paul said: "The temple o God is holy, which temple YOU ARE" (1 Corinthians 3:17). "Know not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you?" (1 Corinthians 6:19). "For you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them" (2 Corinthians 6:16).

The "MAN OF SIN" (the SELF) takes the seat of God in the temple of God (which YOU ARE) and usurps the leading of the Holy Spirit. He masquerades as a servant of God, but in reality, he's serving the false god of SELF, as he defies the Holy Spirit and "opposes and exalts HIMSELF above all that is called God, so that HE AS GOD sits in the temple of God, showing HIMSELF that HE is God."

With the encouragement of Satan from within the carnal, flesh man; this is the essence of MAN'S RELIGION! (THE BEAST)

"Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a MAN, and his number is 666 (Revelation 13:18)

The number of the beast is the number of a MAN, and the number that represents MAN in the Scriptures is the number SIX.
  • Man was created on the SIXTH day -
  • SIX days for MAN to labour -
  • MAN could sow the land SIX years, but the seventh belonged to the Lord -
  • When MAN dies, he's buried SIX feet under - (just kidding)
  • Goliath; who defied the Lord's army, was six cubits tall. His spearhead weighed 600 shekels of iron -
  • Nebuchadnezzar's great image, set up in the plain of Dura, was 60 by 6 cubits. Man's defiance grows in dimensions and in importance as time progresses. The image of Nebuchadnezzar is TEN TIMES the dimensions of Goliath, and the number of the beast in Revelation 13 is TEN TIMES that of the image of Nebuchadnezzar.
A very fine post!

Old 04-11-2013, 12:12 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
EVERYTIME you confront your baser urges and desires . . . you are confronting the Devil, PERIOD.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The action is indicative or that of being real, "Who desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth."
Nowhere is it subjunctive, that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subjects response.
Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or 'wishful thinking' that the man might come to this salvation and knowledge.

What it boils down to is whether you believe that God gets what he wants or not?

The psychology of Satan and Hell within Religion has clouded the soul.
Take heed and beware of the leaven; the Pharisee’s eternal punishment.
And that of the Sadducee’s annihilationism.
Amen Jerwade!! Whatever our God desires WILL eventually come to pass. God is long-suffering and patient . . . but NOT impotent!

Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,990 times
Yes, I was encouraged to drop out of nursing school in the earlier stages and was tempted with certain things when I dealt with personal issues. A way was even made for me to do so, in many many ways! I'm thankful for the guidance I received through out this journey because I didn't know then that all that I was dealing with would somehow nurture my strength in the long run and I did not know back then that my dream was not really to be a psychic (it just seemed so much easier and funner a path for me), that I was already spiritually aware, and that nursing for me would be something that further helped me find meaning in my life.

The devil comes in many forms. And no, he's not some red being with horns on his head and a pitch fork.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:29 PM

367 posts, read 370,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
EVERYTIME you confront your baser urges and desires . . . you are confronting the Devil, PERIOD.

Amen Jerwade!! Whatever our God desires WILL eventually come to pass. God is long-suffering and patient . . . but NOT impotent!
I see the cheerleaders are showing up to make people think lies are truth because they have the most fan's in one place at one moment in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity