Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 AM

481 posts, read 864,821 times

Advertisements

Intercessory prayer is prayer for others.

An intercessor is one who takes the place of another or pleads another ones case. Believing, persevering prayer whereby someone pleads with God our Father on behalf of another or others who desperately need God our Fathers intervention (blessings). It is in testimony in God Word of Truth (Gods Covenant) that He commands intercessory prayer, because it opens man's soul, gives a healthy play to his sympathies, constrains him to feel that he is not everybody, and that this wide world & this great universe were not after all made that he might be it's petty lord, that everything might bend to his will, and all creatures crouch at his feet.

1 Timothy 2:1-8

1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying —and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles. 8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.

James 5:13-16

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

James 5:19-20

19 My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 04:38 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Good point .... I have seen were intercessory prayer is prayed correct like you showed in these scriptures , and I have witnessed were intercessory pray was prayed wrong and it actually attracted more demon than it was worth , ... Like I had to quit a church once because the witchcraft was so strong that after ever corporate prayer meeting for my church brought a challenge of demons which became a over challenge , and it was just like clock work when the evening of the prayer meeting demons would show up and be a unnecessary burden , that I came to believe every one who had the working of Holy Spirit was being bothered , so I eventually left the church and the demons never bothered me in the way and so many issues in my health cleared up ........ I believe that intercessory prayer is praying as a substitute for a person as the different gifts of Holy Spirit are given ... Glory to God..

Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Good point .... I have seen were intercessory prayer is prayed correct like you showed in these scriptures , and I have witnessed were intercessory pray was prayed wrong and it actually attracted more demon than it was worth , ... Like I had to quit a church once because the witchcraft was so strong that after ever corporate prayer meeting for my church brought a challenge of demons which became a over challenge , and it was just like clock work when the evening of the prayer meeting demons would show up and be a unnecessary burden , that I came to believe every one who had the working of Holy Spirit was being bothered , so I eventually left the church and the demons never bothered me in the way and so many issues in my health cleared up ........ I believe that intercessory prayer is praying as a substitute for a person as the different gifts of Holy Spirit are given ... Glory to God..
It is sad that this is happening in congregations or fellowships these days, but of course that is to be expected from this world and all that whom are attached to it. Through the Deliverance Ministry moved upon me through the Spirit, I see so much things such as this, especially in the congregations and fellowships of today. Sorry, but i cannot call them churches, just a building made from wood or stone. Church is the body of Christ Jesus. We whom walk and live in the Spirit are the body of Christ Jesus, His Church, not a building made of wood or stone or some form of religion. All religion is DEAD, point blank, and is also mentioned by Christ Jesus in Gods Covenant.

I am so very sorry that you had to endure these burdens and deceptions, and only hope that this will not discourage you from serving God our Father through the Christ Jesus.

....Shalom haveri (male) or haverti (female) (Peace & blessings be upon you my friend)

Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Intercede on behalf of those in need by truly loving them.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Intercede on behalf of those in need by truly loving them.
I know this was posted a few months ago, but I just found it again as I was called to this through the Spirit.

I must say, is this OP not truly demonstrating loving others as He so loves us?.......

Quote:
Intercessory prayer is prayer for others.

An intercessor is one who takes the place of another or pleads another ones case. Believing, persevering prayer whereby someone pleads with God our Father on behalf of another or others who desperately need God our Fathers intervention (blessings). It is in testimony in God Word of Truth (Gods Covenant) that He commands intercessory prayer, because it opens man's soul, gives a healthy play to his sympathies, constrains him to feel that he is not everybody, and that this wide world & this great universe were not after all made that he might be it's petty lord, that everything might bend to his will, and all creatures crouch at his feet.

1 Timothy 2:1-8

1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying —and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles. 8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.

James 5:13-16

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

James 5:19-20

19 My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity