Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 07:43 PM

21 posts, read 19,022 times

Advertisements

First off, hello everyone and God bless! I stumbled across this site doing a Google search and thought I'd join. Now onto the feasts and how they reveal Gods ultimate plan for humanity.....

Colossians 2:16-17 states that the Holy Days are a shadow of things to come. Each feast has happened on the EXACT day of these events so far.

Jesus died on the day of Passover. The Lamb, I don't think I need to go into similarities here....

Feast of unlevened bread- Leaven is used to symbolize sin in scripture so it would make sense that Jesus is the bread from heaven (John 6:32) believers are buried with Him in baptism so as to put away "the old man" of sin (Col. 2:12, Rom 6:6).

The Feast of firstfruits-This Feast was fulfilled when Jesus rose from the dead. He is “the firstfruits of those who are asleep (dead)” (1 Cor. 15:20).

Feast of Pentacost- occurs 50 days after the feast of firstfruits. This is when the Holy Spirit was poured out. This is also known as the time that the law was given, just as the law is written on mans heart now.

The Fall feasts.

Feast of Trumpets-now we get to Revelation and the signifigance of the Trumpets and how the last Trumpet sounding will be Jesus coming back and the rapture happening. "you wont know the day or the hour" when it comes to the rapture and the truth is, they used a different calendar back then than we do now. This was a common phrase meaning they didn't know when the first day of the month of October was going to happen because they didn't have leap years.

Feast of Atonement-this was the most solemn of feasts. The word atonement means reconciliation-a settling of accounts. All slaves were set free, debts were forgiven, and the land was returned to the original owners. Acts 3:21 speaks of the "period of restoration of all things". The 10 days from the feast of Trumpets to the day of atonement are called the days of awe. These were an extermely serious ten days when the Israelites were supposed to think about their sin very solemnly, and repent. The futre fullfillmen of the Days of Awe will come when the 7 bowls of Gods wrath are poured out on mankind for 10 days Rev 16.

Feast of Tabernacles-This was the most joyous of all the Feasts. It is the feast that celebrates the
harvest. What do we know was used over and over to describe a good harvest?It can be stated with confidence that God will tabernacle (dwell) with men, of Tishri on the Hebrew calendar, 5 days after God has poured out His wrath on mankind for 10 days. At that point Jesus will begin living on earth with men, and will not cease to do so ever again.

Thoughts appretiated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 PM

14,743 posts, read 17,072,229 times
This a good study. I have read a little about the feasts. Are you familiar with the writings of Dr. Stephen Jones. He does a good study on this, but I haven't really delved into it yet.

God's Kingdom Ministry - Creation's Jubilee

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forums. God bless.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,245,743 times
I tried to put on here a picture of a circular calendar I made on this subject, but I guess it is on my computer at work. It shows many of the details you mentioned, with the idea that the calendar represents the plan of salvation. I wish I wasn't tired -- i would love to chat.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 AM

1,196 posts, read 750,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip83 View Post
I agree with some of what you’ve said, the beginning. but are you implying we will know when the end will come? ,if so, you’re teaching falsely, because Jesus said NO one will know ,(Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father). Also so seem to believe what Revelation 16 speaks of refers to the end of this system. No it’s actually happening now ,( though we are living in the end times. example… verse 13 “And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet” many ministers today teach part truth, like trinities, all good goes to Heaven, etc. these ministers are here now, and lead by satan ,(2Cor.11:13-15, For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works).

verse 14 “For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty” satan has the governments today, NOT truly following Jesus or doing his Father’s will ,(Matt.12:50-For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother” also Revelation 16, nor any other Chapter speaks of literal days of happenings. And this book speaks MOSTLY symbolic. We have to understand exactly what God is saying. Exam., when he say…”get of her” ,(Rev.18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues), he’s not referring to a literal woman, but false religion.

The harvest Jesus speaks of ,(Luke10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest). Refers to gathering ALL those who tries hard to do the will of his Father. Those who tried hard to follow Jesus teachings, not just some of them. Also Jesus came here one time, and one time ONLY. He’s NOT coming to live on earth…ever. He will be in Heaven ruling over the rightly earthly subject. With… NOT all good people who are said to go to Heaven. But ONLY a few,144,000 ,(Rev.7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel). Rev.5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. peace

Old 06-20-2012, 05:19 PM

21 posts, read 19,022 times
No, I don't know the exact time as scripture states. Mark 13:33. Only the Father knows the exact time because He controls the moon. "not knowing the hour or the day" is just that. They used an observed calander back then and the emphasis on the feast coming on the 1st day of the month is huge because nobody knew when the new moon would start, thus starting the feast. I can only go by the evidence clearly given in scripture, but my point is, and I said this in the first post, it will happen last day of Sept. or 1st day of Oct. I have no clue when the moon will be observed and I certainly don't know a year.

Jesus isn't coming back to earth? That's funny......Mt Zion, fire in the valley of Gehanna......coming in the clouds.....yep, doesn't sound like any type of earthly things I know lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity