Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 11:03 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Jesus used the word "aionios" to describe punishment, which means "of or belonging to an age or the ages"

Bible Threatenings Explained

God bless and peace.
That's right. People seem to forget Jesus didn't speak English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Hellenism was the religion of Romans and Greeks. They had pillars not walls.
"The Spirit of truth reigns; and the pillars of Hellenism are falling."

Old 06-24-2012, 06:35 PM

148 posts, read 134,569 times
Quote:
originally posted by jerwade

Quote:
originally posted by luminoustruth
hellenism was the religion of romans and greeks. They had pillars not walls.
"the spirit of truth reigns; and the pillars of hellenism are falling."

Old 02-10-2017, 08:08 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"The Spirit of truth reigns; and the pillars of Hellenism are falling."

What "Spirit of truth" then? Walls and contradicting denominations?

Look at the pillars in the court-house,
they reign upon you
like you've had your eyes walled off.

So what were these pillars of Hellenism that you so despised? The decor? You know nothing of foundation of ancient religion, it is so easy to ignore for someone who might care so little about any actual and investigated truth.

By the way, Hellenism isn't what they called their religion (The word Hellenism comes from Hellen of Troy). They basically got as far as calling their religion "Theism." in the sense that they labeled (anti-Olympian) Christians and Jews as "Atheists."

Old 02-10-2017, 10:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Is Greek mythology a religion in today's world?
You can ask those who believe in an underworld.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:32 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,927 times
Lake of fire = sun

Old 02-11-2017, 12:32 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
...;

So what were these pillars of Hellenism that you so despised? The decor? You know nothing of foundation of ancient religion, it is so easy to ignore for someone who might care so little about any actual and investigated truth.

By the way, Hellenism isn't what they called their religion (The word Hellenism comes from Hellen of Troy). They basically got as far as calling their religion "Theism." in the sense that they labeled (anti-Olympian) Christians and Jews as "Atheists."
From Wiki for your edification: The Greeks (Greek: Έλληνες) have been identified by many ethnonyms. The most common native ethnonym is "Hellen" (Ἕλλην), pl. "Hellenes" (Ἕλληνες); the name "Greeks" (Latin: "Graeci") was used by the Ancient Romans and gradually entered the European languages through its use in Latin. The mythological patriarch Hellen is the named progenitor of the Greek peoples; his descendants the Aeolians, Dorians, Achaeans and Ionians correspond to the main Greek tribes and to the main dialects spoken in Greece and Asia Minor (Anatolia). Among his descendants are also mentioned the Graeci and the Makedones.

That would make those "pillars" anything to do with Greek language and culture, in this case I'd say philosophy and concepts of life after death in particular.

Last edited by nateswift; 02-11-2017 at 12:41 AM..

Old 02-11-2017, 12:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip83 View Post
I think people need to let go of their pride of thinking they're right. If what I believe can be disproven scripturally beyond a reasonable doubt, I will drop my old thinking like a bad habit. I was raised Catholic (if you can call it that) and had the "hell" mindset shoved down my throat but it's simply not there in an accuretly translated Bible. I am now a Christian, that doesn't believe in hell, and believes there will be a physical fire for sinners in the Valley of Gehanna. Isiah 66 23-24 describes the physical fire. Ezekiel 37 1-14 even tells what happens to these bones after Jesus millenium reign on earth. I also believe the Holy feasts are what the Bible tells us they are, a "shadow of things to come". At the consumation of the ages, God will be all in all.

I highly suggest you read this article and snoop around this website and test it for yourself. but most importantly, God Bless you guys!

Hell, Eternal Punishment and Conscious Death Are Not In the Bible! Proof here!
Now that you have come this far, maybe you might be willing come a little farther...

Old 02-11-2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Lake of fire = sun
Lake of fire = sun = warmth = growth = life = god...

Old 02-11-2017, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
From Wiki for your edification: The Greeks (Greek: Έλληνες) have been identified by many ethnonyms. The most common native ethnonym is "Hellen" (Ἕλλην), pl. "Hellenes" (Ἕλληνες); the name "Greeks" (Latin: "Graeci") was used by the Ancient Romans and gradually entered the European languages through its use in Latin. The mythological patriarch Hellen is the named progenitor of the Greek peoples; his descendants the Aeolians, Dorians, Achaeans and Ionians correspond to the main Greek tribes and to the main dialects spoken in Greece and Asia Minor (Anatolia). Among his descendants are also mentioned the Graeci and the Makedones.

That would make those "pillars" anything to do with Greek language and culture, in this case I'd say philosophy and concepts of life after death in particular.
The "H" is not pronounced in the Greek...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity