Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 10:12 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Look at the green underlined word in your qoute.

Adam was created a son of God, failed to hear properly (understand), fell to the earth and became corrupted.
Why do you think that Adam failed to hear (understand) properly, Pnuema?

Adam became a living creature or living soul when God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, didn't he?

Genesis 2: 7 And Jehovah God formeth the man -- dust from the ground, and breatheth into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becometh a living creature.

The first man was out the earth, earthy (1 Cor.)

God bless and peace.

P.S. I am not supposed to be speaking to you on this, but will listen to you only for a little while

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-07-2012 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 10:13 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not beleve there is a God up in the sky manipulating the world and causing it go against its own will.

What I do believe is that God resides in us,and whether we believe it or not,consciously( if you are awakened) or unconsciously we live by Him.......... For the scripture tells us, in Him we live and move and have our being.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23 . It might as well read "guard your imagination for whatever you think and imagine to be true( good or evil)will harden into fact".

While we remain asleep thinking God is up in the sky steering the ship we will be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine, and blame God, the devil and everyone else for the world we have created for ourselves. We by our imagination are the cause and effect of the world we have created for ourselves.

Paul instructed us to think upon lovely things, noble things and whatever is good and true for this very purpose of guarding our hearts.

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
What was referred to earlier by Cimaroon, is that mankind's sin proceeds from out of the heart. God who created all things created man of the flesh, of the earth and knew exactly what would happen because He knows all things. (1 John 3:20) He created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, planted it in the garden, and He also created the crooked serpent which appealed to Eve's flesh.

"Why then does James say "every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed…? James said those words because they are true. God himself does not force us to sin. He doesn't have to force us to sin. He created us of the dust, corruptible. We came this way from the Creator's hand. Adam was flesh and blood which "cannot inherit the kingdom of God"; and he was this way from the Creator's hand." M. Vinson

I believe that satan is more than the flesh because Paul tells us that our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against powers in the heavenly places. I believe that satan appeals to the flesh just as he did with Adam and Eve.

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

God bless and peace.
Hey sis we actually agree with each other on something pertaining to this topic

Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Hey sis we actually agree with each other on something pertaining to this topic

Good, Pneuma!

God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-07-2012 at 10:31 AM..

Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 AM

I don't understand, Pneuma, why you say Adam fell to the earth and became corrupted. Can you explain this?

God bless and peace.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Why do you think that Adam failed to hear (understand) properly, Pnuema?

Immaturity

Does a baby have sin within itself because it is a baby?

Quote:
Adam became a living creature or living soul when God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, didn't he?

Genesis 2: 7 And Jehovah God formeth the man -- dust from the ground, and breatheth into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becometh a living creature.

Yes but which living creature did Adam become? Are we not a new creature in Christ? Was not Adam a son of God?

Quote:
The first man was out the earth, earthy (1 Cor.)

But if the translation you used is correct Adam became a living creature of the earth earthy.

But either way sis all animal life is created of the earth. Everything that God gave unto us was good, this includes lust, jealousy etc. but Satan plays upon the lust and corrupts it. Turns jealousy into something evil instead of good.

If lust and jealousy are sinful in and of themselves then the spirit sins when it lusteth against the flesh, and God is a sinner because He is a jealous God.

The way I see it sis is that the devil sowed tares within us, changing the lust God gave us into something corrupt.

Quote:
P.S. I am not supposed to be speaking to you on this, but will listen to you only for a little while

I have to ask sis why it is you will not speak with me on this issue, yet will speak with others? Have I done something or said something to you that would cause you to do this?

If so my apologies, as it is not my wish to offend.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I have to ask sis why it is you will not speak with me on this issue, yet will speak with others? Have I done something or said something to you that would cause you to do this?

If so my apologies, as it is not my wish to offend.

Because,as I shared before, Pnuema, we seem to only go around in circles on this, remember?

Quote:
Yes but which living creature did Adam become? Are we not a new creature in Christ? Was not Adam a son of God?

Adam became a living soul, a man, and was made earthy, out of the earth. He was a living creature, a man, made out of the earth. We are being made new creatures in Christ, and are being made in the image of the heavenly man.

1 Cor. 15

45 so also it hath been written, `The first man Adam became a living creature,' the last Adam [is] for a life-giving spirit,
46 but that which is spiritual [is] not first, but that which [was] natural, afterwards that which [is] spiritual.
47 The first man [is] out of the earth, earthy; the second man [is] the Lord out of heaven;
48 as [is] the earthy, such [are] also the earthy; and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] also the heavenly;
49 and, according as we did bear the image of the earthy, we shall bear also the image of the heavenly.

Quote:
Immaturity

Does a baby have sin within itself because it is a baby?

So do you agree that Adam was created incomplete, lacking in something.? I think that we have all shared that Adam was immature, incomplete, and needed to learn some things.

God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-07-2012 at 11:03 AM..

Old 07-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I don't understand, Pneuma, why you say Adam fell to the earth and became corrupted. Can you explain this?

God bless and peace.

I tried to in post 315 sis, this was what I said that applies to your question

Quote:
That is correct a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit.

Example: Apple trees bring forth good apples, but if an apple falls to the ground it rots as it has been severed from the tree.

You guys just don’t get it; God DID NOT CREATE man with a SIN NATURE; God created man a SON OF GOD, a HOLY temple. God did NOT create our evil nature; the evil nature was created when man’s disobedience severed him from the tree of LIFE.

And all the evils in this world come from that fallen nature, NOT from God who is love.

I would like to add something else to better answer your question sis.

If you can accept that all of Gods creative acts are by division or separation, for He creates by His Word, His Word is a two edged sword used for division, then this might help you to understand better what I am saying.

When God created man from the dust of the earth it is speaking of God separating man from the dust of the earth. In other words man was not created from the dust of the earth man was separated from the dust of the earth.

(All through scripture we see God wanting and telling His people to be a separated people unto God.)

So God separates Adam from the dust of the earth, Adam being yet but a child failed to understand God, which in turn lead to him being severed from the tree of life. Which in turn led him (Adam) to be returned to the dust from whence he (Adam) was separated from, thus Adam became corrupt, just as an apple does when it falls to the ground and rots.

You might not agree with that sis, but I hope you can see where I am coming from.

God bless

Old 07-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Thanks for sharing, Pnuema, but I am not understanding this. The word for create in the Genesis verse means to produce, make, form. Even if you believe that it means that Adam was separated from the dust, why was he separated from the dust according to your belief, what was he made of and why did he fail to understand God and disobey? To fail means that something was lacking. Why was he immature anyway? Do you not believe that God knew that he was a child when he created him and would fail to understand? Do you believe that Adam was created perfect? Do you agree that Adam came from the earth? Do you agree that God is the one who put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden and that He created the serpent that was in the garden? Sorry for all of the questions, this is what comes to my mind as you are sharing. God bless and peace.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:33 AM

The passage in the 1 Cor. also says that Adam was earthy, so this tells me that he was made of the dust, of the earth, not just separated from the earth, Pnuema. Vs 47 literally says "made of dust" ( Key Word Study Bible) God bless and peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity