Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM

908 posts, read 1,119,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I never asked you about the holy spirit . I asked you did you repent before he made himself known to you ?. What was it what actually caused you to repent ?.
The Holy Spirit is what advocates for us when we repent. So yes, you did ask me about the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit and Jesus are One.

I answered your other questions. More tangents and twists and side-tracks.

He would not have sat with liars, deceivers, and unrepentant sinners. If He did, He would have been sitting with the very people He chastised (the Pharisees).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:
We are given the choice. More twist and turns and tangents.
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown
John 6
41 Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, “I am the bread that came down out of heaven.” 42 They were saying, “ Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, ‘ I have come down out of heaven’?” 43 Jesus answered and said to them, “Do not grumble among yourselves. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘ And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

So you don't accept what Jesus says in this passage?

So be it.

God bless and peace.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
I've backed up all of my statements. I repeat, I have backed them up numerous times with Scripture.

Why is it so hard to accept? Truth is a bitter pill, isn't it?
And so have I and so as everyone who is in disagreement with you. The thing that is hard for you to swallow is that God demonstrated his love towards the world while it was STILL in sin. It is ths revealing fact that causes us to repent.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:49 PM

The doctrine of free will as it relates to man's salvation tries to make man the author of his salvation and not God, His Savior. God bless and peace.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
The Holy Spirit is what advocates for us when we repent. So yes, you did ask me about the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit and Jesus are One.

I answered your other questions. More tangents and twists and side-tracks.

He would not have sat with liars, deceivers, and unrepentant sinners. If He did, He would have been sitting with the very people He chastised (the Pharisees).
So if Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are one, Jesus Christ did Make himself known to you while you were still a sinner.
No the difference between the Pharisee and the sinner, was the Pharisee was blind to the fact he was the sinner he judged.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
And so have I and so as everyone who is in disagreement with you. The thing that is hard for you to swallow is that God demonstrated his love towards the world while it was STILL in sin. It is ths revealing fact that causes us to repent.
"Everyone" is one person. To be blunt, I've turned everything she's said back on her. I no longer need to continue to entertain her oblivious insistence.

I see you refuse to respond to my information as well.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
So if Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are one, Jesus Christ did Make himself known to you while you were still a sinner.
No the difference between the Pharisee and the sinner, was the Pharisee was blind to the fact he was the sinner he judged.
This post makes no sense.

I told you already, Holy Spirit advocates after one repents.

Your second sentence makes no sense nor contributes anything. If anything, you are half-repeating what I'm saying. Incredible.

You also are completely ignoring about 20 posts of mine discerning between an unrepentant sinner and a repentant sinner.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Yep, Jesus didn't chase them. Thank you again for affirming my (Jesus') position. Keep going, the Truth won't be able to stay hidden for long.

People came to Him who wished to hear the Good News. Those who did not, He did not chase.

Please, continue to reveal the Truth. God is appreciative.
News travelled all over the show about Jesus, , that is why they came. They came to hear the one who was seeking them.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:57 PM

Right, God bless and peace.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
News travelled all over the show about Jesus, , that is why they came. They came to hear the one who was seeking them.
You just repeated what I said. Are you this oblivious? Both of you?

I've said this now 8 times, Jesus did not chase people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity