Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:13 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,084,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You know what I meant. You don't care for me & that clouds your views of anything I say. However, for the sake of others, I'll explain.

Our "goodness", when compared to our Holy God is inadequate, to say the least. Jesus' redemptive work serves to reconcile us to God.
Jimmie I do not care for what you beleve. You said yourself that we teach that none of are no good, as a chrisian do not teach or say that, regardless of whether it is the truth or not.God is not comparing, and we do not need to compare ourselves or others to God's goodness. Just Beholding His goodness is enough for the God conscious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM

20,391 posts, read 12,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jimmie I do not care for what you beleve. You said yourself that we teach that none of are no good, as a chrisian do not teach or say that, regardless of whether it is the truth or not.God is not comparing, and we do not need to compare ourselves or others to God's goodness. Just Beholding His goodness is enough for the God conscious.
Paul, there is a reason Jesus had to die for us.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Paul, there is a reason Jesus had to die for us.
Yes there was Jimmie.

For the purpose to reconcile us back to himself. In being reconciled and no longer alienated in our minds, which caused us to be sin conscious resulting in our own conscience condemning us, we can boldly and in confidence approach the throne of grace ,which by the way is situated in man himself, and live a life free from being sin conscious(condemned).

Sin is not the issue, for God is not holding it against the world, the issue is to beleve He is not holding it against you. Now that takes faith.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Yes there was Jimmie.

For the purpose to reconcile us back to himself. In being reconciled and no longer alienated in our minds, which caused us to be sin conscious resulting in our own conscience condemning us, we can boldly and in confidence approach the throne of grace
I agree.

Quote:
,which by the way is situated in man himself,

Quote:
and live a life free from being sin conscious(condemned).
I agree.

Quote:
Sin is not the issue, for God is not holding it against the world, the issue is to beleve He is not holding it against you. Now that takes faith.
From the perspective of a believer, I agree.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:43 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,699,059 times
Quote:
Mark 10:18

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone."
Excellent quote! Our concept of good is much different than God's which is probably many people don't see the truth in it.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:20 PM

9,669 posts, read 9,936,642 times
First all believers must obey the ways by repentance of all sin and receive Jesus spirit and live by faith ....... But one moral code will be a bonus to those who sincerely live the life is from Matthew 18: 3-6...... Jesus said ....``Very truly I say to you ..Except you be converted , and become a little children , you will not enter the Kingdom of heaven.......Who so ever there for will humble them selves as this little child the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven ..... And who so will receive one such little child in my name receives me ``...... See God looks to the heart of the person and if the person is quick to forget faith and look to the logic denying faith in Jesus and His Word , and refuses to be lead by the spirit and refuses to accept ideas from Heaven that are innocent and truth , then Jesus will have a hard time getting through to that person were they fruit of the spirit would be lack , and if a person has No fruit of the spirit than there may be no heaven for that person , where the Lord Jesus is the Judge of these things ..... So check your heart , do you have compassion ? do you look down on others ? and change to the character of the Lord

Old 06-26-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:

From the perspective of a believer, I agree.
I try to look at all things from God's perspective. He is not mad with the world and holding its sin against it, and I am an ambassador of the message of this Reconcilation because of this.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 PM

461 posts, read 478,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_loves_to_cook View Post
Just wondering if anyone believes that it takes merely a high moral code, or simply put, good works to enter into eternal peace. What does your religion teach you on Sunday mornings as to what it takes to ensure you enter that peace.
No moral code will get anyone into the kingdom of God. Only those that do the will of the Lord shall enter.

As it is written and the son of man says;JN 14:12 "The man who has faith in me will do the works I do and far greater than these."

"The Lord guides the humble to justice and He teaches the meek His way."

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

"It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god."

Rise up, god and judge the earth.

As it is written and the son of man says;JN 5:30 "I do nothing on my own, I judge as I hear and my judgment is just because I am not seeking my own will but the will of the Lord who sent me."

As it is written and the son of man says JN 8:28 ";I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him."

Whoever disobeys the son will not see life but must endure the wrath of God.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I try to look at all things from God's perspective.
Good practice.

Quote:
He is not mad with the world and holding its sin against it, and I am an ambassador of the message of this Reconcilation because of this.
I disagree. That's the reason Jesus died for us. God's judgement was transferred to Him (Jesus), so that we might be redeemed. Once we are born again, our sin is no longer held against us. Those who reject Jesus remain dead in their sins, eternally separated from God. John 3

Old 06-27-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Good practice.

I disagree. That's the reason Jesus died for us. God's judgement was transferred to Him (Jesus), so that we might be redeemed. Once we are born again, our sin is no longer held against us. Those who reject Jesus remain dead in their sins, eternally separated from God. John 3
If this is true God was not in Christ reconciling the world to himself,He sits in the Christian idea of heaven holding the sins of the world against it,waiting for the sinner to repent so that he can be reconciled. The very reason why the world runs away instead of running to God

The message is absolutely clear in 2 cor 5 that you can be reconciled to God because He is not holding sin against you. It is the orthodox Christian church that is holding the world accountable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity