Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I prefer reality too Mike The apostle Paul reveals that Jesus is to abolish all rule, power, and authority. This means that the second death will be abolished. It will have no authority or power to hold anyone forever.

Maybe some don't believe that Jesus will do what Paul says He will do. But I believe it. God bless and peace.
No it does not Shana. You simply have no understanding of the passages you use to defend Universalism.

Can't you see that abolishing all rule, authority and power includes Satan and the fallen angels being put into the lake of fire? Can't you understand that unbelievers are to join Satan in the lake of fire. These things take place at the end of the Millennial kingdom and before the eternal state begins. Christ's enemies all go into the lake of fire. Even death and Hades which are personfied in Rev. 20:14 are said to go into the lake of fire. All of Christ's enemies will go into the lake of fire when all rule, power, and authority are abolished. They are abolished in the lake of fire which is the second death and in which those in it are said to be there forever (Rev. 20:10).

All that is abolished is abolished by means of the lake of fire which is the second death. The second death itself is not destroyed. It is the eternal abode of all the enemies of Christ.

Well, I hope that someone has ears to hear whether you do or not, because I am done for tonight.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:53 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Quote:
They will be forced to acknowledge Him as Lord from their standpoint as a defeated enemy, but they will never accept Him as Savior and will be eternally lost.

The second death is not in view in 1 Cor 15:26. Only physical death is in view because all will have been resurrected. Many to eternal life, and many to disgrace and everlasting contempt (Dan 12:2).
They will swear allegiance Him, Mike and worship Him. Paul speaks of a time when all are subjected to Jesus for a reason and this reason is so that God may be all in all. If Jesus has been made heir of all, they are not eternally lost. They belong to Him. Again if Jesus is to abolish all rule, power, and authority, the second death will have no power for all of eternity.

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years

Rev. 20:10 and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.

1 Cor. 15: 21
For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in [h]Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “ All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.

God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-27-2012 at 12:12 AM..

Old 06-27-2012, 12:18 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
To the readers:

"You were given a Spirit of love, power and that of a sound mind; use it!"
and so what do we read from the "love" crowd? ( just from this OP alone)
  • "No Twin you love what you have been indoctrinated with too much to consider the things of the Spirit." pcamps
  • " how shallow you are for the scripture you say you believe in says" pcamps
  • " be so gullible to believe the most evil of doctrines religious man as imagined" pcamps
  • "He uses speech to text or this program maybe:" [Dragon software link] Eusebius
  • "Mike knows better than God of course." Eusebius
  • "Talk about your intellectual dishonesty!" Chuckman
  • "For goodness sake, how can some people be so blind??????????????????" Chuckman
  • "Because he is Mike555. If you spend any appreciable amount of time in here you know what I mean." thrillobyte
  • "Mike, once again you insist on rewriting the Bible to fit your disturbed ideas of what should happen to unrepentant sinners." thrillobyte
Does hypocrite mean anything?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:34 AM

14,875 posts, read 17,146,555 times
We should all be the love crowd, right?

John 13:35
By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

God bless and peace.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:42 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Matthew 6:2
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others.

Matthew 6:5

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others.

Matthew 6:16

When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting.

(Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.)

Matthew 22:18
But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?"

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-27-2012 at 02:00 AM..

Old 06-27-2012, 02:03 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Matthew 23:13, 15, 23, 25 (Woe to you hypocrites)
You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.
You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness.
You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and self-indulgence.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-27-2012 at 02:22 AM..

Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
  • "No Twin you love what you have been indoctrinated with too much to consider the things of the Spirit." pcamps
  • " be so gullible to believe the most evil of doctrines religious man as imagined" pcamps
  • "He uses speech to text or this program maybe:" [Dragon software link] Eusebius
  • "For goodness sake, how can some people be so blind??????????????????" Chuckman
  • "Because he is Mike555. If you spend any appreciable amount of time in here you know what I mean." thrillobyte
  • "Mike, once again you insist on rewriting the Bible to fit your disturbed ideas of what should happen to unrepentant sinners." thrillobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe the poster was right. And the things said by the poster, I was all those things and more while I believed in the most atrocious doctrine of man that has been imagined. When God brought me to my senses I was fully ashamed of myself for what I previously believed in regards to eternal torment and all what it does to you by believing in it. It causes you to see God in the wrong light, your neighbor in the wrong light and makes a mockery of the grace. Love and mercy of God.

To be offended by what the poster said, suggests how shallow you are for the scripture you say you believe in says. Jesus used far stronger words on those who followed the doctrines and traditions of men,and openly rebuked them, so I suggest you take your offence up with him.

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
Twin you not only take scripture out of context, you do the same in quoting posts.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:24 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Using anger and mockery in a discussion is an old trick debating play book, and always used to conceal a weak position. When they realize their position is indefensible, they attempt ot turn the attention to their opponent by making personal comments.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Using anger and mockery in a discussion is an old trick debating play book, and always used to conceal a weak position. When they realize their position is indefensible, they attempt ot turn the attention to their opponent by making personal comments.
Speaking for myself I said I was Formerly all these things,for like I said to you the truth sets you free. You then mocked me, when i said my IQ was below 65 to formerly have been so gullible to believe such things about eternal torment.

You on the other hand deny anything that suggests in regards to what you believe , you could have been wrong, are wrong, and prone to being wrong, Jesus said to those who thought this way, "you will die in your sins", yes He said this to bible believers who would have said yes I believe in the flood, the exodus , all that God did in the wilderness , the kings and prophets .

Old 06-27-2012, 06:48 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You then mocked me, when i said my IQ was below 65 to formerly have been so gullible to believe such things about eternal torment.
Not true I did not comment further on your IQ issues. Your own comment was the last.

Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity