Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 01:40 PM

148 posts, read 134,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally posted by twin.spin,

And it's too bad for you ... you don't care what Jesus taught.

\\\\\\\\\\\ The message hasn't change from the OT to the NT //////////////////

Isaiah 59:20
“The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the LORD.

It is people LIKE YOU whom the Lord is calling to repent!

Jesus NEVER condemned the adulteress, prostitute, the fornicator, the tax-gatherer, the thieves, or murderers. He NEVER demonstrated holy anger against the Romans, the world, or the wicked - NOT ONCE! It was the RELIGIOUS LEADERS that He denounced! His anger was focused on the hypocrisy of the so-called carriers of God’s word! They appeared clean on the outside, but inside were full of hate, greed, and wickedness! Those who gave tithes and fasted and prayed and loved the best seats in the synagogues to be seen of men, He rebuked! Those who loved being outwardly religious, but showed no love for Truth, He condemned! Those who distorted the word of God, who turned the truth of God into a lie, who misrepresented the nature of His Father, He called a generation of vipers — a brood of snakes! (Matthew 23:2-7,13-15).

Jesus was calling YOU TO REPENT - and other "religious" people like yourself, who condemn others, and put fear into their hearts by saying they will burn in hell! He was not speaking to the unbelievers out in the world! They don't read the Bible, or even know what is in it, so he's obviously not speaking to them! How would they even know? You've got things reversed, just like the Pharisees did.

Jesus set the example when He walked the Earth! The example was that Jesus never once told the drunk in the gutter, the gluttonous feasters, and reveling wine-bibbers with whom He ate and drank, the woman taken in adultery, the prostitutes, the greedy tax collectors, or the man full of demons, that they were of their father the devil. Not one sinner did He ever accuse of being a child of the devil! He reserved that for THE RELIGIOUS LEADERS! (John 8:44)

Jesus will call those no-good, unbelieving sinners - that YOU are consigning to eternal torment - and they will listen to Him: "For if the mighty works that have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, IT WOULD HAVE REMAINED UNTO THIS DAY."...... unlike the religious Pharisees, who conspired to murder Him. Pharisees like yourself still murder Jesus today (i.e. - they murder the Word of God - Jesus is The Word [John 1:1]).

Jesus calls self-righteous religionists LIKE YOU to repentance. You and those like you ARE the Pharisees! Not "like" the Pharisees... you ARE Pharisees. The Pharisees of Jesus' time were a "type" and parallel of people who are just like YOU! It is YOU Jesus is calling to repentance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thankfully it started with the announcement of "peace on earth and goodwill to all men".

Your understanding of repentance and why Jesus was saying repent are polar opposite. Your or else repentance is from your Father the devil. Repentance spoken of by Jesus was the answer to being free from a life wrecked by missing the mark through not looking to him.
Jesus spoke all the truth from both aspects... those who have ears, listens
Satan speaks in half truths ... those who listens to that are his audience

Matthew 18:3
And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 13:3
I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

can you see the "unless" in these verses:
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

John 5:24
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.
claiming no one goes to hell for unbelief is preaching another gospel.

Unless you conform to all both aspects of what Jesus taught, which is saving faith that is acceptable to God
  • must be present prior to death
  • must reflect such in one's life
  • must be by faith alone
  • must acknowledge the same honor to Jesus as to the Father
  • thus when Jesus mentioned the above ^^^ Jesus claims to be God
  • must acknowlede that all of the word of God compiled together proclaims a triune God.. that is whom God is
If one does not, no such alternative options are granted.
Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Old 06-30-2012, 01:52 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
Love covers a MULTITUDE of sins Twin, let Gods love cover people. Please, I'm begging you!
Amen, Sunnysmyler God's love never fails and remains after all else fails. One day we will all rejoice in that day when all proclaim Him and return to Him. God bless and peace.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Jesus NEVER condemned the adulteress, prostitute, the fornicator, the tax-gatherer, the thieves, or murderers. He NEVER demonstrated holy anger against the Romans, the world, or the wicked - NOT ONCE! It was the RELIGIOUS LEADERS that He denounced! His anger was focused on the hypocrisy of the so-called carriers of God’s word! They appeared clean on the outside, but inside were full of hate, greed, and wickedness! Those who gave tithes and fasted and prayed and loved the best seats in the synagogues to be seen of men, He rebuked! Those who loved being outwardly religious, but showed no love for Truth, He condemned! Those who distorted the word of God, who turned the truth of God into a lie, who misrepresented the nature of His Father, He called a generation of vipers — a brood of snakes! (Matthew 23:2-7,13-15).

This is what I was trying to share, Illuin, the condemnation was for the religious leaders and they had Him put to death, were the unbelievers. Yet Jesus prayed, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

God bless and peace.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus spoke all the truth from both aspects... those who have ears, listens
Satan speaks in half truths ... those who listens to that are his audience

Matthew 18:3
And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 13:3
I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

can you see the "unless" in these verses:
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

John 5:24
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.
claiming no one goes to hell for unbelief is preaching another gospel.

Unless you conform to all both aspects of what Jesus taught, which is saving faith that is acceptable to God
  • must be present prior to death
  • must reflect such in one's life
  • must be by faith alone
  • must acknowledge the same honor to Jesus as to the Father
  • thus when Jesus mentioned the above ^^^ Jesus claims to be God
  • must acknowlede that all of the word of God compiled together proclaims a triune God.. that is whom God is
If one does not, no such alternative options are granted.
Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Yes He spoke the truth in different aspects.

He spoke the truth to set the tax collector, prostitute, the publican and everyone else who was condemned by the religious hierarchy to set them free,the truth of His love, grace and mercy towards them in spite of their sin, which caused them to enter into the kingdom before those who stood with the religious hierarchy.

He also spoke the truth to the relgious hierarchy who condemned the tax collector, prostitute, the publican and everyone else they looked down upon and condemned, truth that exposed they were of their Father the devil.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuin View Post
It is people LIKE YOU whom the Lord is calling to repent!

Jesus was calling YOU TO REPENT - and other "religious" people like yourself, who condemn others, and put fear into their hearts by saying they will burn in hell! He was not speaking to the unbelievers out in the world! They don't read the Bible, or even know what is in it, so he's obviously not speaking to them! How would they even know? You've got things reversed, just like the Pharisees did.

Jesus set the example when He walked the Earth! The example was that Jesus never once told the drunk in the gutter, the gluttonous feasters, and reveling wine-bibbers with whom He ate and drank, the woman taken in adultery, the prostitutes, the greedy tax collectors, or the man full of demons, that they were of their father the devil. Not one sinner did He ever accuse of being a child of the devil! He reserved that for THE RELIGIOUS LEADERS! (John 8:44)

Jesus will call those no-good, unbelieving sinners - that YOU are consigning to eternal torment - and they will listen to Him: "For if the mighty works that have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, IT WOULD HAVE REMAINED UNTO THIS DAY."...... unlike the religious Pharisees, who conspired to murder Him. Pharisees like yourself still murder Jesus today (i.e. - they murder the Word of God - Jesus is The Word [John 1:1]).

Jesus calls self-righteous religionists LIKE YOU to repentance. You and those like you ARE the Pharisees! Not "like" the Pharisees... you ARE Pharisees. The Pharisees of Jesus' time were a "type" and parallel of people who are just like YOU! It is YOU Jesus is calling to repentance.
Wish I could rep you.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmyler View Post
Twin, what PCamps and Ms Blue and Shana are trying to tell you is what I see as well. No matter what time of the day I log on, what day of the week it is, the only type of post I see you posting are never directed towards Jesus' words of Grace, or his words of Mercy or his words of LOVE.

You will find some way to talk about Eternal Punishment, Forever Cast Off, Damnation and things of that nature.

I felt like you felt a little guilty when you started this post saying that you don't want anyone to go to hell, yet it seems you are obsessed with the scriptures that speak of condemnation and punishment.(its like you gleefully post those scriptures you feel people who believe in UR are going to experience)

God is powerful to draw those whom he's given the gift of faith to, he doesn't need your help (which I don't see is really helping at all).

Love covers a MULTITUDE of sins Twin, let Gods love cover people. Please, I'm begging you!
sunnysmyler,
what PCamps and Ms Blue and Shana, Illuin are trying to tell is not conforming to what Jesus taught.
Jesus taught both aspects... heaven is rewarded to those who believe prior to death, hell to those who reject him.

I'm obsessed with the truth, all of it.

There is as much passion that I have about
  • "Whoever believes in him is not condemned"
  • "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned" '
  • Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved
Their posts are no less attacking to what Jesus taught in totality....some admittedly do so using flowers.

Your begging is coming from a humanistic pov, the notion that mercy will be shown where Jesus explicitly says otherwise.

I'm going to do what Jesus did; present both aspects and let those who are offended for being ashamed of what Jesus actually preached be held accountable.
This is not a case of my "interpetation".

Old 06-30-2012, 02:22 PM

James 2:13
For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

God bless and peace.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
sunnysmyler,
what PCamps and Ms Blue and Shana, Illuin are trying to tell is not conforming to what Jesus taught.
Jesus taught both aspects... heaven is rewarded to those who believe prior to death, hell to those who reject him.

I'm obsessed with the truth, all of it.

There is as much passion that I have about
  • "Whoever believes in him is not condemned"
  • "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned" '
  • Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved
Their posts are no less attacking to what Jesus taught in totality....some admittedly do so using flowers.

Your begging is coming from a humanistic pov, the notion that mercy will be shown where Jesus explicitly says otherwise.

I'm going to do what Jesus did; present both aspects and let those who are offended for being ashamed of what Jesus actually preached be held accountable.
This is not a case of my "interpetation".
Twin reading your posts it is obvious YOU do not believe in Jesus Christ . Repent and believe in him.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes He spoke the truth in different aspects.

He spoke the truth to set the tax collector, prostitute, the publican and everyone else who was condemned by the religious hierarchy to set them free,the truth of His love, grace and mercy towards them in spite of their sin, which caused them to enter into the kingdom before those who stood with the religious hierarchy.

He also spoke the truth to the relgious hierarchy who condemned the tax collector, prostitute, the publican and everyone else they looked down upon and condemned, truth that exposed they were of their Father the devil.
And Jesus was just as emphatic about those different aspects do not result in the end with same reward.

To say that they do end with the same reward is to undermine and destest the truth.

Look pcamps.. I know you well enough to know that you're a fine person and sincere and your history of these two doctrines.

I am glad to hear that somebody can look at my OP's, my posts and acknowledge that everything is being based on the totality of Jesus postion of absolute truth.

I will not deviate from "Thus saith the LORD" ... whether or not it's pleasing, flowery ya da ya da.
Where God condemns "Thus saith the LORD".. I will repeat when it's being refuted
Where God rewards "Thus saith the LORD" ... I will repeat to whom it is offered vs to whom God does not
Where God says both (condemnation compared to saved) "Thus saith the LORD" ... I will repeat.

But I will not compromise for the sake of truth, fear of offending those who want the same rewards that God does not give to unbelievers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity