U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 05:15 PM

473 posts, read 587,871 times

Advertisements

I believe that with faith we have the power to stop a grizzly. I think that if we know the truth that God is all life and in all things--the grizzly, and don't doubt--then we can stop the grizzly. BUT--to doubt God is to say that He lies. God cannot tell a lie and in our doubt we disable God and He CANNOT help us. He cannot lie and go against His own rules. It's up to us to leaven and ripen in our faith--this is not for sissies. This works for all areas of our lives. Since I came to this conclusion I've been healed of a nicotine addiction and all asthma symptoms--I smoked for 34 years and couldn't quit, I had asthma and was on inhalers for over 25 years--Both of these things disappeared overnight(no more medicine of any kind)---BUT, this was after fighting what felt like every deadly disease known to man for four years and refusing to go to the doctor.(even to the point of being bed ridden--back went out once, what felt like gout plagued me for a long time--constant misery) I kept saying that the pain was a lie, that my God heals and that if God wanted me off the planet then no doctor could keep me on it. If I die--I go into the arms of God--If I live, I'm already in the arms of God and at His mercy either way--I don't place my faith (trust) in any man anymore. God will test your faith and help to increase it---but it's awful and not for sissies. Things have become more tangible with God and I love Him--but He's a scary God sometimes. We think that we don't doubt Him but we doubt in almost every area of our lives. We lock our doors (who's stronger the one within or the one of the world?) We don't pick up strangers. We place our trust in man/ doctors/etc. (trust no man/ trust God) We're afraid of everything--don't fear anything if you are obedient and don't doubt His word--don't we believe Him and think He tells the truth? Do you not think He's inside you and knows everything? Why do we fear death? Why do we worry about anything? Only He can change things. Bad things happen when we DOUBT because we then tie God's hands and He can't help--to doubt calls Him a liar. DO NOT use the name of God in VAIN-- know and believe--It works.
Yeshua Bless You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 05:48 PM

7,887 posts, read 6,708,925 times
God may not stop a Grizzly bear , But He will collect the soul and spirit of people He knows after the bear eats them up....... If people know Jesus Spirit and pray daily that the area they are in is bears country , and to keep them bears at a distance, or lead them away from Bears who are in the area through Jesus name , then Jesus will protect them and keep them safe and camouflaged from harm of the wild beast ...... In curses believers must pray through Jesus blood to remove curses that Jesus does not want of His people ..... See there are spiritual wickedness in the high places or fallen angels that hold curses on even God children were prayers can go unheard in heaven , and Jesus will cleans these fallen angels away along with demons and powers of darkness that are a complete pest to people in the earth and even God children came be challenged ...... but faith through Jesus spirit for Jesus blood prayers of deliverances is a must , even though many believers ignore the gifts from the Lord for their redemption ......

Old 06-29-2012, 07:12 PM

668 posts, read 409,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
I believe that with faith we have the power to stop a grizzly. I think that if we know the truth that God is all life and in all things--the grizzly, and don't doubt--then we can stop the grizzly. BUT--to doubt God is to say that He lies. God cannot tell a lie and in our doubt we disable God and He CANNOT help us. He cannot lie and go against His own rules. It's up to us to leaven and ripen in our faith--this is not for sissies. This works for all areas of our lives. Since I came to this conclusion I've been healed of a nicotine addiction and all asthma symptoms--I smoked for 34 years and couldn't quit, I had asthma and was on inhalers for over 25 years--Both of these things disappeared overnight(no more medicine of any kind)---BUT, this was after fighting what felt like every deadly disease known to man for four years and refusing to go to the doctor.(even to the point of being bed ridden--back went out once, what felt like gout plagued me for a long time--constant misery) I kept saying that the pain was a lie, that my God heals and that if God wanted me off the planet then no doctor could keep me on it. If I die--I go into the arms of God--If I live, I'm already in the arms of God and at His mercy either way--I don't place my faith (trust) in any man anymore. God will test your faith and help to increase it---but it's awful and not for sissies. Things have become more tangible with God and I love Him--but He's a scary God sometimes. We think that we don't doubt Him but we doubt in almost every area of our lives. We lock our doors (who's stronger the one within or the one of the world?) We don't pick up strangers. We place our trust in man/ doctors/etc. (trust no man/ trust God) We're afraid of everything--don't fear anything if you are obedient and don't doubt His word--don't we believe Him and think He tells the truth? Do you not think He's inside you and knows everything? Why do we fear death? Why do we worry about anything? Only He can change things. Bad things happen when we DOUBT because we then tie God's hands and He can't help--to doubt calls Him a liar. DO NOT use the name of God in VAIN-- know and believe--It works.
Yeshua Bless You
I appreciate your post. However, I do not agree. Jesus told us we would be persecuted on His behalf. Jesus escaped the hands of His killers until it was in His time. Jesus told his disciples to be shrewd as snakes. God does not promise to be our genie and we get whatever we ask. God does say pray expectantly and, if it is in His will, he will answer.

Again, I am happy for these wonderful things in your life. However, I don't want false expectations to be made. I may have misread your intent, if so, sorry for my unneeded post.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:30 PM

4,610 posts, read 3,976,145 times
A few years ago I was walking in the woods with a minister and we came upon a grizzly. I ran away but the minister faced the bear. The bear then got down on his knees and put his paws together in a prayerful position.

The minister said, "This is a god-fearing bear. I am safe."

The bear said, "Thank you lord for this meal I am about to receive."

Old 06-29-2012, 08:49 PM

463 posts, read 382,938 times
"The Lords glory will be shelter and protection for all His people."

"The Lord shall be your light forever, your God shall be your glory."

"I am the Lord your God the one who stirs up the sea till it's waves roar, the Lord of host by name, I have put my words into your mouth and shielded you with the shadow of my hand."

Old 06-29-2012, 11:39 PM

8,130 posts, read 7,133,035 times
Heard a good joke about that. A man is being chased in the woods by a bear. The man can see that the bear is getting closer and so he prays, "please God, make him a Christian bear." Finally the man is exausted and colapses. The bear pounces on the man, but stops for a second, and in his heart says. "Thank you Lord for this wonderful food I am about to receive. "

Old 06-30-2012, 05:02 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,253,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
A few years ago I was walking in the woods with a minister and we came upon a grizzly. I ran away but the minister faced the bear. The bear then got down on his knees and put his paws together in a prayerful position.

The minister said, "This is a god-fearing bear. I am safe."

The bear said, "Thank you lord for this meal I am about to receive."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Heard a good joke about that. A man is being chased in the woods by a bear. The man can see that the bear is getting closer and so he prays, "please God, make him a Christian bear." Finally the man is exausted and colapses. The bear pounces on the man, but stops for a second, and in his heart says. "Thank you Lord for this wonderful food I am about to receive. "
I think hiker's version was funnier......but I like yours too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity