Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 09:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

What would Jesus think about abortions?

What about the death of Christ?
Does age make a difference?

"F
or I desire Mercy, not Sacrifice."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 09:53 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,181,267 times
I believe he would be against it in every way, seeing it as murder.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:59 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,507 times
Have ANY of you pontificaters had someone raped and left pregnant????? The burden to carry that life unthinkable ??? Well have you. Judge not !

Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I'm by no means saying Jesus advocated any view as fact, I'm just curious what YOU think Jesus would think about abortions. The Old Testament says "before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5.

I THINK Jesus would be upset at the practice of killing his "prophets to the nations" before they were born. By no means do I think abortion laws be changed, though I have to wonder what liberal Christians are thinking when they justify the practice as moral and ethical.
Maybe Jesus would have a compassionate focus on the women and their potential suffering. I read in a book by a Biblical scholar, though, that there wasn't premarital sex in Jesus' time. Mary was very young by our standards when she was betrothed to Joseph, for example. Prostitutes might need abortion, but didn't they have sheep gut condoms back then? They also had herbal contraception. Notice that Mary didn't have a whole gaggle of children.

The question seems like it might be moot. The need for abortion would probably have been rare.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:07 PM

481 posts, read 864,769 times
Point blank....."Thou shall not kill!"

It does not get any more simplified than this Commandment and Truth. When you take an innocent life out of true honor, this is murder, and a child in the womb is an innocent life.

In war or conflict defending your life or of another in honor is out of our control, and I firmly believe that God our Father will not hold this against us if we truly repent of these actions, but when defending your life or another in true honor, and I say "in TRUE HONOR" (in defense outside of war or conflict), we are not the aggressor and God our Father will not hold this action against us. Yes, He is merciful and full of love, but I do believe that He does tire of our fruitless ways.

This is all I have to say in regards to "Thou shall not murder" or about abortion.

....Shalom Aleichem (Peace be with you)

Old 07-04-2012, 10:11 PM

481 posts, read 864,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Have ANY of you pontificaters had someone raped and left pregnant????? The burden to carry that life unthinkable ??? Well have you. Judge not !
Though I truly understand your feelings here and I have known woman in this situation, but it is still a life, a life that should be cherished. Even adoption is giving life. As said..... "Love one another as He loves us!"

Old 07-04-2012, 11:34 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,932,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

I suppose Proverbs 31:8 is the exception.

We who are against abortion are speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves.
- Yes, politics is like that you never want to mind your own business.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- Yes, politics is like that you never want to mind your own business.
Luke 10:29
But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Old 07-05-2012, 09:35 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,932,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Luke 10:29
But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
- Your Neighbor is the one that Is Next To You.

When you don't have love for the one Next to you, as yourself ?
There will be constant conflict. Or no love with those your around.
Cause their so close to you
that you'll share in common those things present to you both.

This is why Jesus didn't say, Love Everyone As Yourself. But (Your) Neighbor.

If you notice the example Jesus gives in the parable,
The Priest came down that road 'By Chance'.
As 'Likewise' the Levite did too.

But, the samaritian whose journey it was down that road, would come back again?
Those people were Next to him not by chance, but by his choice.
Jesus must have considered the samaritian a Neighbor there.
Not everwhere, not to everyone where he was not.

Jesus did not say I had to be a Neighbor to the world. -

Old 07-05-2012, 09:52 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
[quote=RevelationWriter;25023740]Scripturally it seems to me that The Lord doesn't want
His People to kill their children as the heathen do.

I think it's time for you to apologize to us heathens for such a racist and untrue remark. You may seem to think that because you believe in your sacred book that it's okay to go around insulting and making untrue statements about other people who do not believe as you do, but it's not and I think it's time you open your eyes to the fact that there are other groups of people in this world who find your remarks very insulting.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity