U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 02:21 PM

9,502 posts, read 5,138,432 times

Advertisements

It is unfortunate of the circumstances you find yourself in. When you have to make a choice of between protecting your family vs restricting contact with other family due to situations that are not correct (even from a worldly view) is never easy.

I would say most importantly:
Pray..
Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Ephesians 6:18
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Do not tire in doing what is right for your family..
Galatians 6:1
Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Remember at times we are faced with burdens because of our faith
Luke 12:51-53
Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division....
.. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Matthew 10:37
“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me"

Mark 8:34
Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

And if your parents refuse your Christian position, you can console yourself with this:
John 15:18
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 PM

3,644 posts, read 1,760,309 times
I think you got some great advice here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity