Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:20 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,448,608 times

Advertisements

Princely - I am not sure how you are messing up these parables and the concept of "Son of Man". The latter is a title Jesus frequently took for himself, alluding to Daniel 7.

You are ripping the phrase "son of man" from different authors (e.g., Psalms, Isaiah, etc.) who meant something completely different by it, and using it in an entirely different context and manner than what is intended.

Jesus actually explains the particular parable in question. He's the Sower. He's the Son of Man. We are not. Your teaching is in fact quite dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 01:08 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,033,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
If Jesus were the only son of man wouldn't He have said the one who sows the good seed is himself rather than the son of man. And we all have read that Jesus said His brothers would be those that do the will of God. So if He has brothers it should be obvious they are to do what He commanded and spread the word of the Lord as Jesus said He came to do thus making them son of man.

Why is it that when speaking of the son of man coming He does not say I, but when he comes.

Truly I tell you, I am son of man because of the works I do.
If you do not want to put faith in me then put faith in the works so you will see that I am in the Lord and the Lord is in me.

Remember His command "As the Father sent me that is how I send you."Jn 20

If you cannot claim what Jesus claimed how can you be doing what He commanded? You can't.
Son of Man was a title for the Messiah, such as King David was called the Son of Man. Messiah basically meant "God's Anointed King", I suppose since there used to be a sect like yours in the past, you might be right that Jesus had the seditious thought that God has anointed all of you Kings. But I personally believe Christianity is a false religion and Jesus was talking only about himself, as the only sower. If I read anything about Jesus' brothers is that they didn't believe or accept his cult (except for James)... If you are talking about "bros" as in friends then I suppose since he called in OUR FATHER in HEAVEN that would make you God's child as well, but the point of Christianity (whether jesus was divine or not) was that the sect's dead leader was supposedly appointed universal King by God above earthly kings (I suppose Satan was no longer King of Kings). I am in the Lord and the Lord is in me sounds like panentheism to say the least.

Jesus commanded many things, but never followed a lot of the laws correctly, saying that the laws were simply guides that needed to be read properly and could be broken with reason, such as breaking sodomy because we can defend against disease now, or breaking killing because War is good or the Death Penalty is good, or the Mother is in danger (mentally/physically etc).

When you really think about it, a good sower could be a chipmunk.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:10 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,756,477 times
Jesus is/was both 'Son of man' and 'Son of God', a title that distinguishes his divine nature in an incarnate form. He first sowed the Gospel and then, via His Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20), charges all believers to do likewise.

Since all people are 'Sons/Daughters of man', it is unnecessary to distinguish anyone as such (eg, "John Jones, a person who had a father").

Old 07-14-2012, 03:32 PM

461 posts, read 478,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Jesus is/was both 'Son of man' and 'Son of God', a title that distinguishes his divine nature in an incarnate form. He first sowed the Gospel and then, via His Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20), charges all believers to do likewise.

Since all people are 'Sons/Daughters of man', it is unnecessary to distinguish anyone as such (eg, "John Jones, a person who had a father").
Your statement is in opposition to who sows the good seed. That parable firmly states that to God, he who sows the good seed is the son of man. Since you are not son of man you think like man not like God and thus cannot hear Gods words. One must follow the example of the son of man and teach as he teaches to enter the kingdom and be born from above.

No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above.

It is written;

My people perish for lack of knowledge. Since you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you from my priesthood. Since you have ignored the law of your God ,I will also ignore your sons."says the Lord

Old 07-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Princely - I am not sure how you are messing up these parables and the concept of "Son of Man". The latter is a title Jesus frequently took for himself, alluding to Daniel 7.

You are ripping the phrase "son of man" from different authors (e.g., Psalms, Isaiah, etc.) who meant something completely different by it, and using it in an entirely different context and manner than what is intended.

Jesus actually explains the particular parable in question. He's the Sower. He's the Son of Man. We are not. Your teaching is in fact quite dangerous.
No. Jesus wanted His followers to be the teacher He was, to continue in His teaching. This is why He often talked of the son of man as someone other than himself.Here is an example;

1 At that season Jesus went on the sabbath day through the grainfields; and his disciples were hungry and began to pluck ears and to eat.
2 But the Pharisees, when they saw it, said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which it is not lawful to do upon the sabbath.
3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was hungry, and they that were with him;
4how he entered into the house of God, and ate the showbread, which it was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them that were with him, but only for the priests?
5Or have ye not read in the law, that on the sabbath day the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are guiltless?
6But I say unto you, that one greater than the temple is here.
7But if ye had known what this meaneth, I desire mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
8For the Son of man is lord of the sabbath.

It was the disciples who were in question and Jesus was speaking of David and the disciples as well as Himself as son of man.

In another passage Jesus says ""When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory."
He could have easily said when "I" come if He was the only one, but He didn't. There are many times He speaks of the son of man in the third person instead of in the first person because the son of man is the One who truly follows the Lord by sowing the good seed and doing what is right and just.

"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels."

Old 07-14-2012, 04:53 PM

Wow, you are also using the instances throughout the Olivet Discourse to apply the "Son of Man" designation to any true believer and not just Jesus?

Not only are you flat out wrong in your interpretation, but it is also scary.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,033,305 times
Christianity is pretty scary and purely evil to me. So is this idea about trying to be like Jesus and be "Messiahs" along with him. You people aren't even Jews, that by itself is scary enough, that you deserted and forsook your ancestors to hell so quickly when they were just like you. I guess desperation leads to many things.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Wow, you are also using the instances throughout the Olivet Discourse to apply the "Son of Man" designation to any true believer and not just Jesus?

Not only are you flat out wrong in your interpretation, but it is also scary.
I'm not wrong, I'm the One who does what is right.

All those who do right shall rise to live.

He who sows the good seed does what is right and walks in the paths of the Lord.

"The paths of the Lord are straight ,the righteous walk in them but sinners will stumble in them."

"You have but One teacher, the messiah".

The spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:32 PM

OK, nevermind - at first I thought you were just confused by these passages but now I realize you're either trolling or crazy with a God complex. Either way, I'm done here.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 PM

I know it is hard to believe but the son of man was going to come at a time you least expect because no one knows that the son of man is he who sows the good seed, the word of the Lord. The main reason is Paul never taught about the son of man. He was an impostor. Teach as Jesus taught not as Paul. You disgrace Jesus when you follow Paul. He won't open your eyes until you accept me because the words He gave to me I accepted them and teach as He did so as to become as He wanted.

Luke 6:40 "A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher."

I am perfectly trained. I am son of man.

It is written;

"Sow justice for yourself and reap the fruits of piety."says the Lord
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity