Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 AM

481 posts, read 864,648 times

Advertisements

Jesus said in His warning, “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves” (Matthew 10:16).

Paul also warned, “For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them" (Acts 20:29-30).

I am sure this is the fear of many Christian parents as they send their children away to college knowing they will encounter non-believing professors who speak eloquently and convincingly against the Father and the Son. Many will use science to bring confusion and cause many young people to turn from the teachings of their parents. Both Jesus and Paul were speaking to all Believers—past, present and future. Most times, Christians –that is, true Christians are attacked verbally and politically. We are challenged about every decision we make that is not in agreement with the politically correct world of today. However, the Word of God instructs us to respect others and not to be drawn into pointless arguments with non-believers. Oftentimes, it is difficult to avoid the argumentative debate, because it is usually, and I say “Usually”, the non-believer that relentlessly initiates the argument. However, in today’s times, also the so-called professed Christian also relentlessly initiates the argument. Nevertheless, if we follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we will be able to respond wisely—speaking the truth in love (a gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger….Proverbs: 15:1). Do not make it your mission to get the last word or try to sound wise. Remember, Jesus used the Word to respond when challenged. You do remember when Satan tried to tempt Jesus? He (Satan) used one of his favorite tactics. He misquoted the Word. Compare his offer to Christ in Luke 4:9-11 against the truth of God’s Word in Psalm 91:11-12 –OR—go back to Genesis when he tricked Eve by elaborating on the misquote of the Word of God (Genesis 2:16-17 and Genesis 3:1-3). All it takes is a word or two misplaced or removed to change God’s intended message. That is why He command His Word not be altered ("Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you"... Deuteronomy 4:2). Altering God’s word is the tactic the enemy uses to deceive because he knows unless you study as God instructs us…you can be easily deceived (even the very elect, if it were possible). “For there shall arise false Christ’s, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect” (Matthew 24:24).

The enemy is not interested in truth. However, he is interested in deceiving and destroying as many people as he can and has devised many false religions to accomplish his desired effect. Have you noticed there are many religions that profess to be Christians? This is a divisive tactic of the enemy. These false churches are very cleverly disguised—very persuasive imitators—but a careful study and comparison of their beliefs and practices along side the excellent example of Christ’s church reveals the truth. True Christians follow (obey) Christ (If you love me, keep my commandments- (John 14:15). True followers of Christ follow God and do not try to change God to fit their design (for this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome (1 John 5:3). Many members of these false churches became disillusioned and left but blamed Christ and spoke against Him. They usually cause others to leave as well. However, they stop searching for the truth. They do not realize the problem was they were aligned with a false church. However, others continue to search until they find a true Christ-based church and begin to “…rightly divide the Word of Truth.” (2 Tim 2:15). So while you are in the midst of wolves, remember the Word says, “But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect” (I Peter 3:15).

1 Timothy 6:1-5

6 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare of their slaves.

These are the things you are to teach and insist on. 3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

2 Timothy 2:1-26

2 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. 3 Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. 5 Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules. 6 The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. 7 Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.

8 Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, 9 for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained. 10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

11 Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him,
we will also live with him;
12 if we endure,
we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
he will also disown us;
13 if we are faithless,
he remains faithful,
for he cannot disown himself.

14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. 21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

2 Peter 2:1-25

False Teachers and Their Destruction

2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them —bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority.

Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them from the Lord. 12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.

13 They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you. 14 With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed —an accursed brood! 15 They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16 But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—an animal without speech—who spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.

17 These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18 For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of the flesh, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.” 20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,”and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”

Some other great witnessed Testimonies of Gods Truth

Romans 16:17-20

Matthew 7:15
Galatians 1:8

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 09:16 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
"A mirror reflects the image that comes before it."

Old 07-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"A mirror reflects the image that comes before it."
Very true, so what reflection do you see when you face this mirror or speak of?

....Peace be with you

Old 07-16-2012, 09:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michael View Post
Very true, so what reflection do you see when you face this mirror or speak of?

....Peace be with you
Jesus Christ. For we become what we behold. This is why it is so important to point folk to God and not their sin.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus Christ. For we become what we behold. This is why it is so important to point folk to God and not their sin.
I agree with you here.

....Peace be with you

Old 07-18-2012, 04:04 PM

148 posts, read 134,544 times
Quote:
Originally posted by pcamps,

Amen! Indeed, Babylon The Great has a "sin consciousness" and dwells on condemnation and punishment. That is the reason the world laughs at God. However, they do not actually laugh at the TRUE GOD, but only a caricature; a FALSE IMAGE of God created within the carnal minds of men.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:02 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,529,954 times
Sorry, but if you see Jesus Christ in the mirror you guys are looking in the wrong mirror!!!

I see the sinner that I am. Thankfully, I have a savoir IN Jesus Christ.

I can't believe for one second that any of you see JC in the mirror.

Quote:
For we become what we behold
You can rest assured you are beholding yourself! Nobody here has "become" Jesus for sure! You guys are crazy!

You guys have done something Paul could not even do. He tried to be like Christ his whole life, and he failed!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Sorry, but if you see Jesus Christ in the mirror you guys are looking in the wrong mirror!!!

I see the sinner that I am. Thankfully, I have a savoir IN Jesus Christ.

I can't believe for one second that any of you see JC in the mirror.

You can rest assured you are beholding yourself! Nobody here has "become" Jesus for sure! You guys are crazy!

You guys have done something Paul could not even do. He tried to be like Christ his whole life, and he failed!
Yes, no one can become Christ Jesus or have His glory, nor is anyone here even saying this with the exception of you 'cowdog'. I am saying that we can be Christ Jesus like, that's all. When I look in the mirror, I do see a sinner, but since I walk and live in the Spirit as Christ Jesus so taught us to do, I see "LIFE", and the Holy Spirit is "LIFE", and this "LIFE" is in me as I am in Him. No one can be like "Christ" , as you so mentioned. Not even Paul of course. For the word "Christ" (HaMashiach) is the "The Messiah", "The Anointed One", "The Son of Man". The word "Christ" is just a title, and is only used to pay reverence to "Jesus", the "Son of God". He is the "Christ"....."The Messiah', "The Anointed One", "The Son of Man"

Yes, thank the Lord Jesus our Savior that forgives me and you freely. And this I receive because I have confessed my sin, acknowledged that I am a sinner, and seek God for Salvation through Christ Jesus on a daily basis.

So, in my walk and life in the Spirit (the Holy Spirit) through Christ Jesus, I do see the man Jesus per say in my daily adventure down this narrow and lonely road to reach home in my Fathers near sight.

Maybe instead of passing judgement in your sinful flesh by calling us crazy, maybe you should examine your focus in your life journey.

I say in truth.....I know that my life journey is focused on God our Father through Christ Jesus on this narrow road that many do not travel to go home. Will I make it? Surely I will. I have faith in LIFE, which is the Holy Spirit within me that brings me peace in Christ Jesus' mighty name.

....Shalom Aleichem! (Peace be with you!)

Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michael View Post
Yes, no one can become Christ Jesus or have His glory, nor is anyone here even saying this with the exception of you 'cowdog'. I am saying that we can be Christ Jesus like, that's all. When I look in the mirror, I do see a sinner, but since I walk and live in the Spirit as Christ Jesus so taught us to do, I see "LIFE", and the Holy Spirit is "LIFE", and this "LIFE" is in me as I am in Him. No one can be like "Christ" , as you so mentioned. Not even Paul of course. For the word "Christ" (HaMashiach) is the "The Messiah", "The Anointed One", "The Son of Man". The word "Christ" is just a title, and is only used to pay reverence to "Jesus", the "Son of God". He is the "Christ"....."The Messiah', "The Anointed One", "The Son of Man"

Yes, thank the Lord Jesus our Savior that forgives me and you freely. And this I receive because I have confessed my sin, acknowledged that I am a sinner, and seek God for Salvation through Christ Jesus on a daily basis.

So, in my walk and life in the Spirit (the Holy Spirit) through Christ Jesus, I do see the man Jesus per say in my daily adventure down this narrow and lonely road to reach home in my Fathers near sight.

Maybe instead of passing judgement in your sinful flesh by calling us crazy, maybe you should examine your focus in your life journey.

I say in truth.....I know that my life journey is focused on God our Father through Christ Jesus on this narrow road that many do not travel to go home. Will I make it? Surely I will. I have faith in LIFE, which is the Holy Spirit within me that brings me peace in Christ Jesus' mighty name.

....Shalom Aleichem! (Peace be with you!)
Go into the Gospel of Truth and open your heart to the Spirit of Truth. It is written in Truth in testimony of John 14:15-21....

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

I see Him everyday in my walk and life in the Spirit, and if you do not, then you should look to yourself where you are in Christ Jesus. Get your focus back on Him and the Fathers teachings, not on you or anything else, as this is fruitless and without merit.

....Shalom Aleichem! (Peace be with you)

Old 07-19-2012, 07:59 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,387 times
To be a true follower of Jesus, we MUST believe and understand what he taught. Many refuse to even believe he’s not the Father, those he showed us this, (John 17:3 -And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). Everyone believe in a 3-in-1 god, because they don’t understand what Jesus meant at Mark 3:29. But if you look at Matt.12:31,32, he mention himself, the HS, but NOT the Father. He knows the HS is HIS Father’s power one can’t speak ill against. IF the HS were a person, “he” would have been mention here one way or the other, (Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father), everyone else was!

Yes, there are many false teachings, and prophets, I’m sure one hit’s the top of the list. Many thought Jesus was teaching falsely also, So did the many before him. Though everyone wants to believe ALL are on that same road to life because of their teachings, It’s not true. Jehovah God didn’t make his words hard to understand. Many just want to do their own thing. So many will say, “ we don’t have to” , or “it doesn’t apply to” with that selfish frame of thought, we WON’T follow Jesus words. Even if we WANT to believe we are, We deeply know we’re not! Many are so puff up with pride, they refuse to believe God’s word, (2Tim.4:3,4- For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables).

They love the world more than God ,(1John 2:15,16). And they STILL believe they can hold on to part of their old ways ,(the ones they refuse to get rid of), Rom.12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Therefore we WON’T know the truth. But those who’s truly following Jesus WILL, (Dan.12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. (because many refuse God’s word ,or most of it). Which means the teachings will be true ,(2Cor.2:17-For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ). Jehovah’s words are still taught, and will continue until the end. If we’re truly seeking, God won’t say you can’t find it.

As Jesus said at Luke 11:9, 10...“(And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened)” as long as satan gets what he wants, (seeing mankind go against God’s words, Ephe.6:11). I’m sure his destruction will be well worth it. knowing we will go right with him because we chose to believe what we wanted. In order to live the way we want. and God will help us to believe the lie we want, (2Thess.2:10-12, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness). peace

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity