U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:29 AM

69 posts, read 26,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
There is only one Gospel... not two. (Galations 1:6-9)
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel ó
which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!
Paul didn't write....
Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert mygospel of Christ.
or
Evidently some people (i.e. Peter and the other Apostles ) are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert mygospel of Christ
Gospel means "Good news". So you think there was only one "Good news" in all of scripture. That's so sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM

69 posts, read 26,452 times
Default Paul had a new message.

Ephesians 3
New International Version (NIV)
Godís Marvelous Plan for the Gentiles

3 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentilesó

2 Surely you have heard about the administration of Godís grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to Godís holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

These things were never taught by Jesus or the 12. This is the new message or Gospel revealed to Paul the Apostle to the Gentiles

7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of Godís grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lordís people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

This message of GRACE was given to Paul alone.

10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. 13 I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Status: " Attacks only in self defense is more than 1 person's right" (set 8 days ago)

9,351 posts, read 4,755,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4DL View Post
Ephesians 3
Godís Marvelous Plan for the Gentiles

3 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentilesó

2 Surely you have heard about the administration of Godís grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to Godís holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

These things were never taught by Jesus or the 12. This is the new message or Gospel revealed to Paul the Apostle to the Gentiles

7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of Godís grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lordís people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. 13 I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.

Did you happen to forget to bold\underline for a particular reason ... maybe because it doesn't quite fit in your theory ..... apostles and prophets < <<<< ---- plural
which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to Godís holy apostles and prophets.
What did Jesus say to the apostles ...
John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:43 AM

1,573 posts, read 1,229,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4DL View Post
Ephesians 3
God’s Marvelous Plan for the Gentiles

3 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—

2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

Let's try verse 5 again and highlight a different portion:

5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets..

He's not claiming he's the only that this message was revealed to. Now, what else can help us fill in some gaps here? How about Acts 1!

1 In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach 2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3 After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. 4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with[a] water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

6 So when they met together, they asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

And John 14:

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

There is no discrepancy here in regards to Paul having a new message. Just because it hadn't been revealed until after the Cross doesn't mean he was the only person in the universe who knew about it. He did however receive it as direct revelation from God - but so what?

Edit: Haha, twin.spin posted at the exact same time the same thing.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:02 PM

3,031 posts, read 2,923,410 times
Quote:
Agreed.
Satan's web of deceit began with what sounded reasonable and pleasing to the eye. False theologies will always leap frog over Jesus' teachings. In other words, if Jesus taught it or God spoke it in the OT, it's the truth.
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeP!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:30 PM

22,724 posts, read 10,439,583 times
Default 8 generic ways to identify a false theology

Actually you only need one . . . Is it based on a literal interpretation of the Bible?

Old 07-27-2012, 08:35 PM

629 posts, read 333,630 times
Quote:
There are simple warning signs of a false theology.

1) Denial in the true nature of God
....... any theology that deny the Christian viewpoint of the deity of Christ and the Trinity

2) Works-emphasis salvation
...... any theology that preaches works \ obedience to the law basically has a "checklist" salvation theology

3) We're "The only true church" message
.... Any theology who often make it a point to cast doubt and suspicion on other churches or denominations by claiming that full truth has somehow been lost and can now only be found in the "one true church."

4) Regimented giving requirement
..... Any theology that regulate the giving of its people or requires a certain amount of financial giving in order to receive certain privileges related to salvation.

5) Authoritative leadership
...... Any theology where the leader(s) say they say they exclusively speak for God. Usually such leaders claim to have had a special revelation with or from God, and their words hold special precedence.
  • a more extreme example of that is the David Korish \ Jim Jones
6) Loss of salvation for leaving
....... Any theology that insists that if a member decides to leave their group, for whatever reason, they jeopardize their salvation before God.

7) Authority beyond the Bible
..... Ant theology that does not considered the Bible as a completely authoritative scripture. They then have the requirement that extrabiblical writings are necessary. Normally these "scriptures" are considered to have equal to \ more authority than the Bible.

8) Unique truths that Jesus didn't reveal when he walked the earth
....... Ant theology that claims that they were given some special unique truth that they only know about which nobody else has had.
While I am not in 100% agreement with the above, I'd like to help you out with a 9th way.

9) Mentions "sabbath day" in over 50% of their messages.

Just something I've seen since I've been here.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:38 PM

18,948 posts, read 8,789,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually you only need one . . . Is it based on a literal interpretation of the Bible?

Old 07-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Status: " Attacks only in self defense is more than 1 person's right" (set 8 days ago)

9,351 posts, read 4,755,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
While I am not in 100% agreement with the above, I'd like to help you out with a 9th way.

9) Mentions "sabbath day" in over 50% of their messages.

Just something I've seen since I've been here.
That would be under the 2) Works-emphasis salvation
...... any theology that preaches works \ obedience to the law basically has a "checklist" salvation theology

Old 07-28-2012, 11:56 PM

768 posts, read 292,623 times
Quote:
That would be under the 2) Works-emphasis salvation
Faith alone is a one item checklist salvation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity