U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 AM

5,966 posts, read 2,778,985 times
Each TO(Day) is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present. -- not sure who first said that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 09:30 PM

490 posts, read 294,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michael View Post
Yes, we only need to worry about today within ourselves and if we are right with God our Father. We must be focused on Him on a daily basis, and not worrying about this tomorrow or the day past. The past is the past and is a another day gone to pass, and the future is just that, the future. The present is now and that is where your concern should be.

It is written.... "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:34)
^^^ As I posted in another topic of this same topic a week or so ago. We need to just walk and live by faith (walking and living in the Spirit) and not by sight "on a DAILY basis", which is what is considered or called "Our Daily Life Journey" or "Our Daily Life Adventure"

Why worry about what is to come to pass tomorrow when you have all this TODAY. Stop living for tomorrow and especially what has already come to pass (the PAST), for the future is not here TODAY and the past is already GONE. Again, it said (Matthew 6:25-34)...

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

You cannot serve two masters....

“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other..

Living in the past and living for the future is living for yourself. Serve God our Father TODAY! Why wait for tomorrow? Let your focus be on Him TODAY, so you DO NOT fall astray.

It is said in Isaiah 55:8-9....

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Every day you rise to a new breathe of life, you awake to a new life journey or adventure, and this my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, the lost, and the unbelievers is a Gift of God our Father.......Its called "LIFE"......And the Holy Spirit is LIFE. Enjoy what you have today, because an NEW LIFE JOURNEY begins tomorrow.

I am always game for a new life journey each and every day I awake, and I thank God my Father in Christ Jesus' mighty name that the past has come to pass and for whatever will come to pass tomorrow. I do my best to learn and grow from what happened the day before and the present day now, and always look forward to whatever awaits my new life journey tomorrow, being good or bad my friends.

....Shalom Aleichem! (Peace be with you!)

Last edited by Brother Michael; 07-29-2012 at 09:49 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 11:59 AM

182 posts, read 60,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Have you read "The Power of Now" by Ekarte Tolle? It's one of my favorite books, especially on audio. The main point of this book is to discuss how powerful our minds are and how destructive the "ego-ic" mind is to the present moment. I was amazed by the truths brought forth in this book - things that I knew were true, but had never really been able to put my finger on. And even knowing these truths, the battle continues each and every day because the mind and the ego want to escape the present moment, mostly because of the innate fear of death and our predisposition towards discontentment.

Amazon.com: The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment (9781577314806): Eckhart Tolle: Books
I have this book. It's fantastic!

-

Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 AM

107 posts, read 41,053 times
Ok but HOW does one stay mentally grounded in the present moment???? Major struggle for me.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:00 AM

4,137 posts, read 1,049,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki H View Post
Ok but HOW does one stay mentally grounded in the present moment???? Major struggle for me.
Most of what has been talked about is a need to control, a lack of assurance that whatever comes we will get through it and regardless of whether it is altogether pleasant or not we can grow from our experience to become richer human beings. "Giving thanks in everything" is just as difficult a concept. Good luck with that.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 AM

356 posts, read 134,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

But see that's the teaching satan wants ALL to feel, Let's live today, and worry not about tomorrow. It's kind of what those in Noah’s and Lot's day, and what happened?...(Luke 17:26-30And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold,they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out ofSodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed). And understand, just because one seem to be wiser, doesn'tmake them right.

True this is how those of the world would feel. But those truly following Jesus, and are trying to do his Father's will ,(Matt.12:50 , Matt. 7:21), KNOW they have to focus on NOT living as though there's NO tomorrow. But keeping their mind on doing as Jesus said ,(1Cor.15:58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for as much as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord). They know NOT to focus on their old worldly ways of living ,(1 Pet.1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance). So you're right, we shouldn't focus on the past, but we do NEED to focus on our future, spiritually. peace

Old 07-03-2013, 09:39 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,568,374 times
Quote:
I say this but I still have to embrace it. I worry too much about the future, which is sin because I'm not trusting God.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:10 PM

794 posts, read 255,144 times
Quote:
Have you read "The Power of Now" by Ekarte Tolle? It's one of my favorite books, especially on audio. The main point of this book is to discuss how powerful our minds are and how destructive the "ego-ic" mind is to the present moment. I was amazed by the truths brought forth in this book - things that I knew were true, but had never really been able to put my finger on. And even knowing these truths, the battle continues each and every day because the mind and the ego want to escape the present moment, mostly because of the innate fear of death and our predisposition towards discontentment.

Amazon.com: The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment (9781577314806): Eckhart Tolle: Books
Please do not mention that book here. It does not belong on a Christian forum. The author of that book is not a Christian and he leads people into new age spirituality that is not of God or Jesus. He makes people believe they are God and teaches we are all of one conscious and that death isn't real. It makes me sick to even see that book mentioned here.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:20 PM

9,181 posts, read 3,020,984 times
Quote:

Those are not Christian concepts. I'm sorry. Tolle is not a Christian author. Why would you bring that up on a Christian board?

Old 07-03-2013, 01:22 PM

4,137 posts, read 1,049,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Please do not mention that book here. It does not belong on a Christian forum. The author of that book is not a Christian and he leads people into new age spirituality that is not of God or Jesus. He makes people believe they are God and teaches we are all of one conscious and that death isn't real. It makes me sick to even see that book mentioned here.
Wiki on Tolle:
Roman Catholic priest and theologian Richard Rohr credits Tolle for helping to reintroduce ancient Christian mysticism to modern Christians: "Tolle is, in fact, rather brilliantly bringing to our awareness the older tradition . . . [which is] both the ground and the process for breaking through to the theological contemplation of God, and acquired contemplation of Jesus, the Gospels, and all spiritual things. He is teaching process, not doctrine or dogma. He is teaching how to see and be present, not what you should see when you are present. Tolle is our friend, and not an enemy of the Gospel. There should be no conflict for a mature Christian."[53]

Key word, "mature," one capable of finding the good and rejecting inappropriate specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity