Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 02:54 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times

Advertisements

Everything of Jesus belongs to me , and everyone who will go to Jesus and learn what Jesus has and reach out and claim it ....... But this is Not a proud idea and God resists the proud ...... As in John 15....... Jesus said ``I am the true vine , and my Father is the husbandman.....Every branch in me that bears no fruit he is taken away, and every branch that bears fruit , he prunes it , that it may bring more fruit .... Now you are cleaned through the Word which I have spoken to you.... Abide in Me , and I in you . As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abides in the vine, no more can you except you abide in me ..... I am the vine , and you are the branches... He that abides in me and I in him , the same brings forth much fruit , for without me you can do Nothing ......... If you abide in me , and my Words abide in you , YOU WILL ASK WHAT YOU WILL, AND IT WILL BE DONE TO YOU.... Here in is my Father glorified that you bear much fruit ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM

12 posts, read 7,406 times
As the word says; You are my friends if you do what I command you.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
We cannot merit it. We simply enjoy it as we come to know it and comprehend it( the morning star rising in our hearts). God actually strengthens the inner man by making known to us His glorious riches.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:25 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmyler View Post
Is that how you see God???

How can GOD, the creater of EVERYTHING (Isaiah 45: 12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it), be obligated to any one of us?

Yet, he loves us, entered in a Covenant with us, redeemed us, promises to clean us up so we won't always be dirty, so while I don't see it as an obligation, but a covenant promise, and he can inject, impose and impute his grace on me as he see's fit (eventhough, I feel he's doing that already, whether we like it or not, lol)

And to add, I'm so glad I don't have to look to Man for grace and mercy
?? I thought that was exactly what I said, "that God is not obligated to man" --- Yet, he loves us and has entered into a covenant .... "as he sees fit" ... etc.

Like you, I would not have to depend on man for grace or mercy.

My point is simply that Salvation and eternal life are NOT 'automatic' for all ... as often suggested by the UR doctrine --- which seems to motivate most of the posts by the OP.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:40 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
...God is not obligated to man...
Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Gen 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Exo 21:33 And if a man shall open a pit, or if a man shall dig a pit, and not cover it, and an ox or an ass fall therein;
Exo 21:34 The owner of the pit shall make it good, and give money unto the owner of them; and the dead beast shall be his.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
?? I thought that was exactly what I said, "that God is not obligated to man" --- Yet, he loves us and has entered into a covenant .... "as he sees fit" ... etc.

Like you, I would not have to depend on man for grace or mercy.

My point is simply that Salvation and eternal life are NOT 'automatic' for all ... as often suggested by the UR doctrine --- which seems to motivate most of the posts by the OP.
What you do not understand about me Mr Horton is I believed in the unmerited grace of God before I ever heard of UR, not the false expression of this truth, which is "here's what you must do to merit it".

There is no here's what you must do to merit the unmerited grace of God. Or do you beleve the grace of God is merited ?.

You keep singling me out about being a universalist,I have never posted once that I am, although I do believe in Universal Reconcilation .

You also say that my posts are motivated by universalism, you coudn't be further from the truth. My posts on this forum are motivated by a desire to see those who believe, and especially those that do not believe,see that God is not the God of the teachings and traditions of men that have poisoned the pot of Christianity.

Universal Reconciliation in my opinion is not a message for the lost but for the church itself, and when the church wakes up to it, it will turn the world upside with it, with the Good News that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not counting the sin of the world against it, this is the message of God, the believer is an ambassador of.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-21-2012 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-21-2012, 12:11 PM

987 posts, read 1,119,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What you do not understand about me Mr Horton is I believed in the unmerited grace of God before I ever heard of UR, not the false expression of this truth, which is "here's what you must do to inherit it".

There is no here's what you must do to merit the unmerited grace of God. Or do you beleve the grace of God is merited ?.

You keep singling me out about being a universalist,I have never posted once that I am, although I do believe in Universal Reconcilation .

You also say that my posts are motivated by universalism, you coudn't be further from the truth. My posts on this forum are motivated by a desire to see those who believe and especially those that do not believe to see that God is not the God of the teachings and traditions of men that have poisoned the pot of Christianity.

Universal Reconciliation in my opinion is not a message for the lost but for the church itself, and when the church wakes up to it, it will turn the world upside with it, with the Good News that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not counting the sin of the world against it, this is the message of God the believer is an ambassador of.
Another great post pcamps.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:31 PM

12 posts, read 7,406 times
AS the word says;

You must remain completely loyal to the Lord your God. .. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put my words in the mouth of the prophet, who shall speak to them everything that I command. Anyone who does not heed the words that the prophet shall speak in my name, I myself will hold accountable.

I will proclaim the decree of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have begotten you.

The Lord is righteous; he loves righteous works; the upright shall behold his face.

Only he who sins shall die.

All those who do right shall rise to live.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:33 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
What you do not understand about me Mr Horton is I believed in the unmerited grace of God before I ever heard of UR, not the false expression of this truth, which is "here's what you must do to merit it".

You also say that my posts are motivated by universalism, you coudn't be further from the truth. My posts on this forum are motivated by a desire to see those who believe, and especially those that do not believe,see that God is not the God of the teachings and traditions of men that have poisoned the pot of Christianity.

Universal Reconciliation in my opinion is not a message for the lost but for the church itself, and when the church wakes up to it, it will turn the world upside with it, with the Good News that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not counting the sin of the world against it, this is the message of God, the believer is an ambassador of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Another great post pcamps.
Amen and Amen. The Holy Spirit is moving among my brothers and sisters today . . . but I still cannot rep any of you.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:42 PM

277 posts, read 227,846 times
Quote:
How do you merit God's unmerited favor ?Anybody have any idea ?.

Grace isn't 'unmerited favor'...That is a false gospel and part of the 'falling away' from sound doctrine that is happening today. Come join the discussion:

'Unmerited favor' is a false gospel...

TC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity