Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4DL View Post
My church nor I am affiliated with Grace Gospel Fellowship. I and my church are more mainstream Southern Baptist. Most Southern Baptist churches hold to the time of the Jews and it's Law is on hold during the time of Grace and that in the end time Israel will be restored to it's position as before.
OK, but what you just wrote is WAY different than continuing on to claim that Hebrews through Jude aren't meant for the Church age. That's where a major line gets crossed.

Does your church believe that, or just you? Ultra-dispensationalism is held by very few and is strongly rejected by the rest of Dispensationalists.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 PM

69 posts, read 110,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Actually, I am fairly familiar with Dispensationalism, and the idea that we're supposed to take Hebrews, James, 1/2 Peter, 1/2/3 John and Jude and treat them as being intended for an audience in the Millennial Kingdom is such a minority viewpoint that I hadn't actually come across it (though now that I think about it, I have heard of an Acts 2 vs mid-Acts debate). Even across a diverse set of Scofield, Chafer, Walvoord, Ryrie, Blaising, Bock, etc. no one holds to what you teach. But maybe that's because I am more familiar with Classical, Traditional, and Progressive Dispensationalism than all sorts of flavors of the "Ultra" variety which I have little use for.
The actual time in Act's is not a precise one. If you read it you see Saul called after the Jews reject the Messiah again and again and stone Stephen. It takes a few years for Jesus to teach Paul while he is away and then he begins preaching Salvation by Grace to the Gentiles. The 12 hear of it and have him come to see them where they have a great debate. They of course did not believe God would allow the Gentiles into the church but with the help of Peter they agree that God has made a change and shown Paul this mystery. From that time forward you see more of Paul and less of the 12 until the temple is finally destroyed bringing a final end to the offer of the Kingdom at that time. Paul tells us it is put on hold for the time of the Gentiles and Israel will be back one day to it's place. I would think you should know these things if you have ever read the New Testament through. It's all spelled out there very plainly.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:27 PM

69 posts, read 110,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
OK, but what you just wrote is WAY different than continuing on to claim that Hebrews through Jude aren't meant for the Church age. That's where a major line gets crossed.

Does your church believe that, or just you? Ultra-dispensationalism is held by very few and is strongly rejected by the rest of Dispensationalists.
Well I will have to ask the rest of my church Wednesday night.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:07 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4DL View Post
Well I will have to ask the rest of my church Wednesday night.
What did they say?

Old 07-27-2012, 12:51 PM

12 posts, read 7,402 times
It is written;

When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just, because of this he shall live, says the Lord
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity