U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-01-2007, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,355 posts, read 5,660,964 times
Reputation: 5627
Default Baptism gift Ideas please

I need some help please. My 8 year old daughter is getting baptized in a few weeks and I'm not sure what is an appropriate gift to give her. I want to give her something very special and just have no idea as of yet. She already has a Bible so we're covered in that area. Any suggestions would be super helpful!!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
 
Location: All around the world.....
2,895 posts, read 5,402,541 times
Reputation: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I need some help please. My 8 year old daughter is getting baptized in a few weeks and I'm not sure what is an appropriate gift to give her. I want to give her something very special and just have no idea as of yet. She already has a Bible so we're covered in that area. Any suggestions would be super helpful!!
I was thinking along the lines of stickers and bookmarks that are children friendly". They can be very creative with them and share with their friends.
Hope this helps some!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2007, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Mississippi
3,927 posts, read 5,628,887 times
Reputation: 11288
How about a nice cross necklace, a gold one, not the diamond one, although, they might have one with small diamonds in it if you want to go all out. Or a pretty bracelet...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 8,320,783 times
Reputation: 1602
Sent you a message, but this is the cross I gave my niece for her 1st communion...it's about 5/8 inch long, perfect for a little girl!

Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2007, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Plano, Texas
8,640 posts, read 14,425,773 times
Reputation: 21128
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
How about a nice cross necklace, a gold one, not the diamond one, although, they might have one with small diamonds in it if you want to go all out. Or a pretty bracelet...
I do like the idea of jewelry.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2007, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Mississippi
3,927 posts, read 5,628,887 times
Reputation: 11288
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Sent you a message, but this is the cross I gave my niece for her 1st communion...it's about 5/8 inch long, perfect for a little girl!

This is exactly what I was picturing if going with diamonds. Lovely, elegant and just right. good going Irish..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Status: "Enjoying the mountains" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
20,015 posts, read 20,504,668 times
Reputation: 28044
Oh yea, find out where irishmom got that necklace! It's perfect. Or if not that one, I do like the idea of a cross necklace.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 PM
 
Location: conover nc
1,131 posts, read 1,489,164 times
Reputation: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh yea, find out where irishmom got that necklace! It's perfect. Or if not that one, I do like the idea of a cross necklace.
Great Idea! A necklace for this special occasion is perfect and can be handed
down to her children when they are baptised.I have both of my Grandmothers
cross necklaces and they mean the world to me.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2007, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Anywhere but here!
2,798 posts, read 6,692,176 times
Reputation: 1624
I think a nice petite cross necklace would be PERFECT!

You could also go with a bracelet with a cross charm. You could also go to ebay and they have a great selection of bracelets with the Ten Commandments on them. They're really nice!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2007, 04:09 AM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 8,320,783 times
Reputation: 1602
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh yea, find out where irishmom got that necklace! It's perfect. Or if not that one, I do like the idea of a cross necklace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
This is exactly what I was picturing if going with diamonds. Lovely, elegant and just right. good going Irish..
Shopping is one of my talents.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top