U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:13 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,780,647 times

Advertisements

I am so very excited to share some wonderful news with all my brothers and sisters in Christ! As we were sharing about the baptism party with our four year old son I asked him if he had Jesus in his heart. He looked straight at me and very matter-of-factly said "no". I asked him if he'd like Jesus in his heart and he said "yeah! I do". So I called my wife into his bedroom and she, our son and daughter and me sat with him and I attempted to lead the prayer. He broke in and said "God I need you in my heart. Please come in to my heart. Amen". We were quite surprised at how he just jumped in and didn't need any words...he already had them. This peace just flooded both my wife and myself at that very moment and we, in our spiritual hearts, knew that this was truly the moment that our little boy received Jesus into his heart.

So please rejoice with us and all the angels in heaven as yet another sweet soul has received the saviour and will reside in heaven and the new earth one day. And as a dad I'm overjoyed! Thanks for letting me share this extremely personal and happy family moment with you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 06:18 PM

8,668 posts, read 19,925,871 times
I do rejoice with you and your wife, Hoosier, and with the angels! My son accepted Christ at a very young age too. Depending on their understanding and maturity level, it is certainly possible and a valid spiritual transaction even though they are so young. I am also saying a prayer for your little boy this evening.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:23 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,453,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I am so very excited to share some wonderful news with all my brothers and sisters in Christ! As we were sharing about the baptism party with our four year old son I asked him if he had Jesus in his heart. He looked straight at me and very matter-of-factly said "no". I asked him if he'd like Jesus in his heart and he said "yeah! I do". So I called my wife into his bedroom and she, our son and daughter and me sat with him and I attempted to lead the prayer. He broke in and said "God I need you in my heart. Please come in to my heart. Amen". We were quite surprised at how he just jumped in and didn't need any words...he already had them. This peace just flooded both my wife and myself at that very moment and we, in our spiritual hearts, knew that this was truly the moment that our little boy received Jesus into his heart.

So please rejoice with us and all the angels in heaven as yet another sweet soul has received the saviour and will reside in heaven and the new earth one day. And as a dad I'm overjoyed! Thanks for letting me share this extremely personal and happy family moment with you all.
you made my day.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,780,647 times
Yeah I do agree regarding the age. Our daughter was three when she received Christ in her heart. We talk about the Lord quite a bit at home and she has asked him in her heart since then. I do believe she had a good understanding, as did my son tonight, when she asked Christ into her heart.

Somedays I think they know more than I did when I received Christ at age 21!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:25 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,729,196 times
Wonderful. I have tears in my eyes, tears of joy for your son, and for you and family.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:26 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,310,828 times
Wonderful, Hoosier. Thanks for sharing. I remember the day many, many years ago when my daughter and son were saved, days of rejoicing for sure. Both my children accepted Jesus at the age of six. God bless your dear family.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:35 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,362,814 times
Awesome!! Hoosier!!
Quote:
A Hallelujah,!! Thank-you Jesus, Bless His Holy Name. is in order!!!
You and your wife must be leading by example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless You and Your Family
Rejoice again I say Rejoice"

I hope this color doesn't hurt your eyes(smiles)
Well it didn't come out in red anyways,

Old 10-01-2007, 06:48 PM

356 posts, read 1,031,421 times
What a wonderful moment- To know that the values being practiced in your life are being reflected in your children!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:17 PM

5,616 posts, read 13,655,754 times
The angels have written his name down in their books.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:21 PM

21,421 posts, read 29,551,815 times
Praise God!!!!! How wonderful to know both your children are saved. Jesus is smiling down on you right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity