Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 11:26 AM

419 posts, read 435,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

If You, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? Psalm 130:3

I remember a true story shared by Watchman Née about a dear old sister, who was disturbed in the night by someone who had broken into her house, she finds the man, tells him to take what he wants, cooks him some food and the intruder repents because of this dear old lady's reaction and action. No punishment required.

Greater is he that is in you than he that is in fundamental Christianity . Two different spirits.
We forgive and love our enemies because of what we've been forgiven. But then, we're not holy, perfect beings. We're sinful, despicable humans that are guilty of wrong-doing and offending God.

God is. He is holy and perfect...but he is also just. Again, I ask....what basis do you have to suggest that God will go against his word and forget sin?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Why don't you forgive ?. I forgive all things just like Christ did. God is not up in the sky he is in you doing the works.
Forgive sins? Only Christ can forgive sins. I wish I had such authority, but I don't. You don't have such authority either pcamps.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Forgive sins? Only Christ can forgive sins. I wish I had such authority, but I don't. You don't have such authority either pcamps.
So if I slap your face is that a sin that I committed ? And would you forgive me for slapping you ?.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
We forgive and love our enemies because of what we've been forgiven. But then, we're not holy, perfect beings. We're sinful, despicable humans that are guilty of wrong-doing and offending God.

God is. He is holy and perfect...but he is also just. Again, I ask....what basis do you have to suggest that God will go against his word and forget sin?
So you forgive your enemy, but the jury is out on whether God will. Do you not understand the reason you forgive is because it is God in you ? God is not up in the sky.

As someone said yesterday this is that simple basic Christianity, even a caveman can understand it, and here you are resisting the Holy Ghost.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
So if I slap your face is that a sin that I committed ? And would you forgive me for slapping you ?.
Would you like me to repeat what I said, or do you prefer to re-read my post? You and I cannot forgive SINS. A sin is a violation against God, and only God can forgive your sins.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Would you like me to repeat what I said, or do you prefer to re-read my post? You and I cannot forgive SINS. A sin is a violation against God, and only God can forgive your sins.
Do you not understand that when you forgive someone it is actually God in you forgiving ? Or do you not forgive someone who wrongs you ?.

You are saying something which the Pharisee and scribe said to Jesus.

Why does this Camps talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I never thought this thread would end up disturbing the nest of vipers.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Forgive us our sins, as we also forgive everyone who sins against us.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Forgive us our sins, as we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time. John 8:9

Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 PM

419 posts, read 435,038 times
Quote:
So you forgive your enemy, but the jury is out on whether God will. Do you not understand the reason you forgive is because it is God in you ? God is not up in the sky.

As someone said yesterday this is that simple basic Christianity, even a caveman can understand it, and here you are resisting the Holy Ghost.
I'm an imperfect, sinful human being. I have no basis by which to withhold forgiveness from anyone.

God, on the other hand, is the perfect, holy, just and perfect Creator--and He has pledged to punish those that violate his commands.

So once again....I ask: What is your basis for calling God a liar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity