Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 01:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And you'd rather believe some guy that lives in 2017 over the apostles that walked and talked with Jesus?
I don't care what year the person lives in as long as what i'm hearing from them passes the test of Jesus Christ and how he represented God to a T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 01:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I understand your reasoning as you see the Scriptures as being the word of GOD.
Whereas, I see them as the ideologies of men and their particular perceptions.

In other words, I was not taught that they are Infallible or Inerrant.
Neither do I see them as such, given the nature of men.
Quote:
And you'd rather believe some guy that lives in 2017 over the apostles that walked and talked with Jesus?
It's not a history lesson, so to whom are you referring?

Old 09-08-2017, 01:59 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering why you'd believe the opinions of someone today over someone that actually walked and talked with Jesus?

Old 09-08-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I understand your reasoning as you see the Scriptures as being the word of GOD.
Whereas, I see them as the ideologies of men and their particular perceptions.

In other words, I was not taught that they are Infallible or Inerrant.
Neither do I see them as such, given the nature of men.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm just wondering why you'd believe the opinions of someone today over someone that actually walked and talked with Jesus?
You assume everything is fact without exception, it's what you have been taught to believe.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Perhaps if someone who actually walked and talked with Jesus wrote something, it might be of interest.

Or if Jesus had scratched a note or two on a chunk of papyrus.

Alas, you only have the words of long-dead anonymous dudes who wrote decades after Jesus got all better and flew away.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:44 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Yet, the Bible actually SAYS he was the propitiation for our sins. That he took the punishment.

Yes it does. Like I said, you'd have to be literally blind not to see it in black and white. Peace

Old 09-08-2017, 02:55 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Perhaps if someone who actually walked and talked with Jesus wrote something, it might be of interest.

Or if Jesus had scratched a note or two on a chunk of papyrus.

Alas, you only have the words of long-dead anonymous dudes who wrote decades after Jesus got all better and flew away.
Slander.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes it does. Like I said, you'd have to be literally blind not to see it in black and white. Peace
You would have to be ignorant to cause harm/injury to another for your own thoughts, deeds and actions.
Try taking some responsibility, instead of murdering the innocent while claiming you are made righteous.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:23 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
You would have to be ignorant to cause harm/injury to another for your own thoughts, deeds and actions.
Try taking some responsibility, instead of murdering the innocent while claiming you are made righteous.

Turn that mirror on yourself. I'm not the one promoting a false gospel and twisting the living oracles of G-d to my own destruction, and taking everyone gullible enough to believe it, with me. Judas = false praise, bestowed with false love (kiss of death), as opposed to; "Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His MOUTH" (intimacy with His Spirit which gives LIFE, as a husband knows his wife and she CONCEIVES Seed/life from the Spirit). Peace

Old 09-08-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Turn that mirror on yourself. I'm not the one promoting a false gospel and twisting the living oracles of G-d to my own destruction, and taking everyone gullible enough to believe it, with me. Judas = false praise, bestowed with false love (kiss of death), as opposed to; "Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His MOUTH" (intimacy with His Spirit which gives LIFE, as a husband knows his wife and she CONCEIVES Seed/life from the Spirit). Peace
The mirror of Judas is always about you, not knowing the love which is bestowed upon others.
It's YOU that condemns them with the "kiss" of death, not knowing their relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity