U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 PM

7 posts, read 5,386 times
Default The red sea

Free to anyone that maybe interested:
www.TheRedSeaCrossing.com Watch code: (redseafree)
Egyptian war cheriots discovered on the bottom of the Red Sea.
Enjoy!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 10:28 PM

10,070 posts, read 3,749,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallwatcher View Post
Free to anyone that maybe interested:
www.TheRedSeaCrossing.com Watch code: (redseafree)
Egyptian war cheriots discovered on the bottom of the Red Sea.
Enjoy!!
Dude...You do know that they were discovered back in the 80's don't you?...

Old 08-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Status: "Cat still has computer--Human slave lost again" (set 11 days ago)

10,415 posts, read 3,946,412 times
Another view.

Chariot wheels found at the bottom of the Red Sea?-Unproven!

While I believe in the Red Sea parting and the drowning of Pharoh's Army. I have not found anything that can be called physical proof. I feel that these stories of alleged findings only hurt all of us, when they are found to be in error.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:49 AM

4,613 posts, read 2,584,275 times
I don't believe that the discovery of physical proof of the scriptures will hurt any one but the deniers of God.....Just like the mountain called ``Jebel el Lawz`` shows the physical proof of the tabernacle in the Wilderness was, were this mountain close by was were God wrote the Ten Commandments with His hand ..... Were this mountain is in the current nation of Saudi Arabia .... See many deniers will come to discredit the archeology , but the ideas from the past have NO archeology

Old 08-05-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Another view.

While I believe in the Red Sea parting and the drowning of Pharoh's Army. I have not found anything that can be called physical proof. I feel that these stories of alleged findings only hurt all of us, when they are found to be in error.
Salam aki!...

Old 08-05-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Another view.

Do you remember a thin white book, published in the early 80's I believe. titled "Noah's Ark Discovered"?...It mentioned the discovery of the chariots at the bottom of the Red Sea...Then there is the arguement of the mistranslation of Red Sea, some say it should have been Reed Sea...I watched a Documentary DVD on the discovery of an Egyptian Stele that had the story of the Exodus written in Hieroglyphs detailing almost exactly what the Hebrew account details, but the Egyptians called it the Reed Sea which was farther north of the Red Sea back then before they made it a througfare for ships...This documentary also scientifically and historically detailed the plagues on Egypt, when they happened and how they could have been from a scientific point of view and if there were any other accounts written from an outside source of these occurences at that time...It was a very ineresting documentary...I wish I could remember the name of it, I rented it from the library around a year or so ago...found it...

This was the book I had bought back in the 80's...It spoke of the discovery of the Ark of the Covenant under Golgotha, the Red Sea Crossing and the discovery of the chariots, etc...

Old 08-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Status: "Cat still has computer--Human slave lost again" (set 11 days ago)

10,415 posts, read 3,946,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Do you remember a thin white book, published in the early 80's I believe. titled "Noah's Ark Discovered"?...It mentioned the discovery of the chariots at the bottom of the Red Sea...Then there is the arguement of the mistranslation of Red Sea, some say it should have been Reed Sea...I watched a Documentary DVD on the discovery of an Egyptian Stele that had the story of the Exodus written in Hieroglyphs detailing almost exactly what the Hebrew account details, but the Egyptians called it the Reed Sea which was farther north of the Red Sea back then before they made it a througfare for ships...This documentary also scientifically and historically detailed the plagues on Egypt, when they happened and how they could have been from a scientific point of view and if there were any other accounts written from an outside source of these occurences at that time...It was a very ineresting documentary...I wish I could remember the name of it, I rented it from the library around a year or so ago...found it...

This was the book I had bought back in the 80's...It spoke of the discovery of the Ark of the Covenant under Golgotha, the Red Sea Crossing and the discovery of the chariots, etc...
Wa Salaam Ahki,

The problem I have with the "Discoveries" is too often they are embellished upon by well intentioned, but misguided zealots. These embellishments are very soon found to be in error which in turn casts doubts about the entire discovery.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Wa Salaam Ahki,

The problem I have with the "Discoveries" is too often they are embellished upon by well intentioned, but misguided zealots. These embellishments are very soon found to be in error which in turn casts doubts about the entire discovery.
Agreed...

Old 11-23-2012, 07:13 AM

11 posts, read 3,269 times
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2] Even if one does not agree with these ancient texts I will quote, it still cannot be denied that those who wrote them did believe [SIZE=2]them[/SIZE], and they have the Nile going into the sea known in the Hebrew as the “Yam Suph” (Red Sea). [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]The sea Israel crossed is the Sea of “Suf” in the Hebrew, for which Strong's Concordance, #5488 gives “reed, rush, water plant”. This Hebrew word "suf" (suph) is the same word translated "flags" of the river (Exodus 2:3, & 5), where the ark that held Moses as a baby was placed in the reeds of the Nile River. It is also the same word translated "Red" from Red Sea in the Hebrew Old Testament. In the Qur'an they also call the crossing place the “Red Sea”: however, one of Islam’s prophets explains that this was the Nile River! His name is Prophet Shu’ayb, a descendant of Abraham and a contemporary of Moses. This is found in Hay Al Qulub Vol. I, Stories of the prophets, Section 13, “An Account of Musa and Harun” (Moses and Aaron). The pertinent parts are, Musa and the Israelites came to the bank of the river Nile. The water of river split and made a way to cross the river…and the last man of the Pharaoh entered into the river. Allah ordered the wind to move the water and the mountain of water fell on them.” (See also Akhlaq-e-Aaimma, by Sayyed Zafar Hasan Amrohi, r-d). Legends of the Jews, when speaking of the ark of the baby Moses which Miriam put in the Nile, called it the Yam Suf (Red Sea), “And then she [Miriam] abandoned the ark on the shores of the Red Sea.” (Volume II, Moses Rescued from the Water.) Author and highly respected Jewish Priest Eleazar (4th century AD), also believed the placement of Moses’ ark was in the Yam Suf (Babylonian Talmud Sotah 12a). Dead Sea Scroll Genesis Apocryphon, said[SIZE=2],[/SIZE] I proceeded by the Red Sea until I reached the extension of the Reed Sea which goes out from the Red Sea, and then I turned southward, until I reached the Gihon River....” The person in this account was already on the “Red Sea” and goes to the “extension” of it, which he calls the “Reed Sea" (Delta), and then to the Nile or “Gihon”. He is telling us in his day that the Red Sea was connected to the Nile by the “Reed Sea". The location of the “Gihon” River is a matter of academic debate, but Josephus (and many other Jewish writers) ha[SIZE=2]s[/SIZE] it as the Nile River, “Geon runs through Egypt.” (Josephus was interpreting Genesis 2:13.) The worldwide changes that took place from the flood and the dividing of the earth, in Genesis 10:25 and I Chronicles 1:19, not only reshaped the earth, but the rivers within the continents. The ancient Targums, Pseudo-Jonathan and Jerusalem (Aramaic translations of the Pentateuch), both connect the Nile to the Red Sea/Yam Suph, “and the Gihon [Nile] had carried into the sea of Suph, and the sea of Suph bad cast upon its bank. But all the chariot horses of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his hosts (were coming) towards the Mouths of Hiratha, which are before the idol Zephon.” [SIZE=2]See [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]= www.Sinai-Horeb.com******************** ************** * - SINAI/HOREB
New location of Red Sea/Yam Suf crossing (deep water!), New Mount Sinai location and Exodus Route.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity