U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 08-08-2012, 05:02 PM

6 posts, read 1,359 times
Default Misconceptions around the mark of beast

The reason I am posting this is that there seems to be some common misconceptions around it. Some misconceptions around the mark of beast has been bothering me for too long.

It is a very long post but if you want a understanding/discussion of the mark of the beast then read on.

For Paul has said:
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."
So I had decided to take a closer look at the chapter of Revelation 13 to get a clearer understanding of the mark of beast. There is a couple of things I have noticed from reading this chapter:
"And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."
Then John spoke on of how it has happened. Notice the word And which is added to the start of each verse or two so you may have to look at whole of the 2nd half of the chapter especially starting with the beast with two horns coming out of the earth.

If we take into the account that the first beast before this one is Roman Catholic/Rome, then latter beast has to be something new and different...it has to be done in order to deceive us, to make us think it does not come from the same beast.

And read further on:
"And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,"
By showing some so-called miracles such as the 'slain in spirit'. Could this got some people into believing that these miracles were from Jesus when they were not?

And then...
"And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."
The beast deceived them by so-called miracles so that when people believed the 'beast' on the base of seeing his miracles, they should make an image to the beast.

I have just looked up a greek word of 'image' - Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Note the meaning of greek word of image: - to be like. Would the word 'example' fits in?

...they should make an image to the beast, ...

Could it be that they are following the examples of the Catholic church/Rome authorities? Ok read on...

Jesus did not command us to build the temples otherwise we would have neglected the need of the lost and poor people! I did not find any verse to command new testament believers to build a new temple! Yet the believers continue to followship with others believers in the houses, rooms or exisiting buildings.

Remember that Jesus has said that he will tear down the temple and rebuild it in 3 days? He was not only talking about being buried for 3 days but he was also talking tearing down the physical temple and rebuild it as a spiritual temple.

Yet people continue to build temples and then called these temple buildings 'the church', are these so-called 'churches' becoming their idols? These took most of their money just to keep them going and then zero or very small remaining money goes to support the poor or the ministry abroad?

And be closed for almost whole of week apart from a couple of mornings and evenings? Yet the bars are open 24/7, it's not hard to see why anyone who is in a desperate need of help would have turned up first at the bar!

Thus neglecting one of the very first two greatest commandments of God:
...And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
...to take care of our brothers and sisters in Christ, the poor and the lost souls!

Roman Catholic took in so much money to build so many huge cathedrals across the Europe. Their huge cathedrals buildings were ones of their idols.

You can see this is following the same pattern of the Roman Catholic system. Thus making 'an image' of the very first beast!

Acts 7:48-51
"Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Hath not my hand made all these things?

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."
And another:

Hosea 8:14
"For Israel hath forgotten his Maker, and buildeth temples; and Judah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities, and it shall devour the palaces thereof."
On church:
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
I will repeat:

By tithing, in order to keep the building of the churches going? To build bigger ones and to foot the extra bigger bills? And to pay for the salary of the pastors? Are these scriptual? Wasn't it exactly that the Rome has been doing that for hundreds and hundreds of years? People kept going back to the same building and having not learned anything, not going anywhere to preach, even to help the poor or going abroad?

And again, are these scriptural? There is nowhere I can find in the bible to support these. Tithing was the part of the old testament and so was the temple!

Note how Paul has financed his ministry:

In the chapter of Acts 20:
I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.

Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.

I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
You will see that Paul has travelled far beyond Israel and he had to work hard to support himself since he does not want to take advantage of the people he was preaching the gospel of Jesus to! He has set an example for us to follow.

On supporting the weak:

Roman 15
For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
By building temples and pastors getting paid, is this how 'that they should make an image to the beast' meant by that?

And then, 'And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast'.

Churches becoming bigger and more powerful and now getting involved with politics? Similar to the one of Roman Catholic/Rome authorities system?

No wonder Jesus has said:
Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
We should have observed more weighty matters such as helping out the needs etc rather than focusing on small things such as observing sabbath or tithing to the church building. We do not need the huge buildings to meet our brothers and sisters in Christ!

On observing Sabbath, Paul couldn't make it clear enough:
Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
And:
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
If you want to observe Sabbath then go ahead and be fully persuaded in your own mind.

Reading further on in Revelation...
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Notice the word: Give life unto the image of the beast - the image of the first beast came alive. The churches are already doing the same as Roman Catholic. Therefore the 2nd beast is pointing us to go back to the system of 1st beast - Roman Catholic.

And...
...both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
See the word both - The beast is speaking that anyone who would not worship the beast should be killed! If the beast is speaking already, we would have heard of it by now and if the beast is causing, we would have seen some christians getting killed but no, probably not yet for now?

It seems obivious to us that the purpose of the 2nd beast is to deceive us in thinking this is a completely different system to Roman Catholic/Rome and that it is of Jesus Christ while leading us going back into the similar system of the Roman Catholic, which killed countless of christians. Back to where the first beast is doing the very same job again, by killing christians! It is hard to believe that it would happen again but look at the worsen state of the world, something that would make the churches/governments to consider doing some drastic actions, we will never know.

Thus on Revelation 14, regarding the killings by the beast:
Here is the patience of the saints
So we understand that 'image' has to do with following the pattern of the first beast. The mark of beast has to do with worshipping/taking the mark or else be killed! Hence we need the patience!

Once I understand these verses, I no longer have to worry about whether we have taken the mark or not...! So that we can carry on labouring for Christ.

Remember that Jesus has said in Matthew 24:
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect
And in Mark:
And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
Notice that Jesus is using the word 'Christ' rather than Jesus? Clearly, he was talking about the spirits.

Obviously in the same chapter of Matthew 24, Jesus simply pointed it out that he is not here on the earth until his second coming:
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
That is Jesus Christ we will see then!

Hope this post will clear up some confusions and concerns regarding the mark of the beast.

Unread 08-08-2012, 05:07 PM

42,181 posts, read 48,643,787 times
How about posting the Readers Digest condensed version?

Unread 08-09-2012, 07:14 AM

2,343 posts, read 855,094 times
Good post, but i think everyone has their view on what the beast and mark are. Know this, the mark is not some microchip implanted into people. I do think that modern christianity and catholic are one and the same. they might look different, but the same blood runs through both of them. just like unidentical twins.

Unread 08-09-2012, 08:52 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,223,453 times
I agree with the interpretation of the temple being the body. We're entering an age of cloning and DNA manipulation... I think this has something to do with it.. Biometrics/RFID technology enforcing what looks to be a Resource-based society or World Currency.. the concept of transhumanism... evolution to the "7th Epoch" to the "perfect" man.. The same spirit driving Hitler will be behind this New World Leader with the same basic agenda - establishing the superman race. All must evolve with "Mother Earth"/Gaia to ascend to a state of "consciousness" as the Ascended Masters alien space brothers (yes it sounds strange) to assure our survival.. There will be an "ascended one"/a Man, who is to lead mankind in this transition to the "New Age". This is just some of my research by looking into the "New Age" and what they are saying. Ever wonder why there is so much "alien" stuff on TV. It's because it's all linked to the Occult, which apparently the folks in Hollywood are being duped by the spirits behind it.

One guy I highly recommend checking out is Pastor Mike Hoggard. He does an excellent job of explaining symbolism within Free Masonry which is a major political/financial institution leading this effort... Iron kingdom mixes with the Clay Kingdom, but they do not mix (Book of Daniel)...

I believe one takes on the mark by worshiping the "image of the beast" swearing allegiance to him thus taking on his identity. Thus those that choose to "evolve", will be taking on the Mark. Not only will they be rejecting the one true God and his Redemption though Jesus Christ, they will be swearing allegiance to the Son of Satan. I believe everything is coming full circle..

Genesis 3

King James Version (KJV)

1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

These groups are calling it the "enlightenment"/ the "paradigm shift" / Awakening /"god consciousness".. it's awakening the 7th Chakra/"third eye".. Hitler believed in tapping into an energy called "thule" thus the "thule society". It's about white and black majik. They believe that it was their use of black majik that brought on the Noahidic flood which they attribute was the time of Atlantis (which seems to be a big thing to these people). It's sorcery according to the Bible.

What helps confirm all of this is the movement of Eastern Mysticism and Pagan/Occultic concepts into mainstream "Christianity". To these Christians salvation comes through achieving "christ consciousness", which is what Christ came to show us the path. In other words it's 100 percent based upon Works - the ability to achieve apopiosis.

To make this huge transition work, the motto is "Order out of Chaos." The "Old" system (Banking/Financial/Materialism) concept must be broken down to embrace the "New". People will be so fearful because everything they've ever known will be broken down. That's when their "Pheonix" comes rising out of the ashes, and people will receive him.

The ideology of the Rockefellers/Rothschild family/ etc (the people that Own the world's resources) look to play a central role. There are "Kings" of this earth..

Revelation 17:16-17

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the *****, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

“Some even believe we (the Rockefeller family) are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”
- David Rockefeller, Memoirs, page 405

These people have a Religion as well and want to influence the World with it.

666 is the number of a man. The ultimate rejection of God through His Son and accepting Lucifer/Satan through His Son is what it is I believe.

With all this being said, depend on the Holy Spirit.

Unread 08-09-2012, 04:08 PM

4,069 posts, read 1,982,660 times
You should take your ought against the Catholic church and take to the Lord for redemption so you can get a different vision of the issue of Gods Words ..... As this ought will give people a Catholic basher anointing of lucifer , which will corrupt your understanding of scriptures ...... I don`t see the Catholic church as the seven headed beast , for these ideas come from haters in the Christian religion, which will miss the commandments of Jesus ...... When you love your neighbor as your self and see Jesus in the Catholic church doctrines and Jesus is in many people in these church , THEN you will give honor the the Lord for His Word and Then Holy Spirit can be in your program with Christ...... I don`t see antichrist rise is iniquity to come from the any church of Christ...... I see this rise come from, A end of the fragmented Churches of Christ , were division Will End , Which will thaw the plan of the spirit of antichrist, as the result hatred against Christians will grow beyond measure , were this dreadful judge antichrist will rise up in man throughout the world and create martyrs never seen on the earth , were Jesus will have to come or His Christian churches will be gone

Unread 08-09-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
You should take your ought against the Catholic church and take to the Lord for redemption so you can get a different vision of the issue of Gods Words ..... As this ought will give people a Catholic basher anointing of lucifer , which will corrupt your understanding of scriptures ...... I don`t see the Catholic church as the seven headed beast , for these ideas come from haters in the Christian religion, which will miss the commandments of Jesus ...... When you love your neighbor as your self and see Jesus in the Catholic church doctrines and Jesus is in many people in these church , THEN you will give honor the the Lord for His Word and Then Holy Spirit can be in your program with Christ...... I don`t see antichrist rise is iniquity to come from the any church of Christ...... I see this rise come from, A end of the fragmented Churches of Christ , were division Will End , Which will thaw the plan of the spirit of antichrist, as the result hatred against Christians will grow beyond measure , were this dreadful judge antichrist will rise up in man throughout the world and create martyrs never seen on the earth , were Jesus will have to come or His Christian churches will be gone
2 Corinthians 6
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The chapter of these verses was talking about the ministry of God and that it cannot be yoked together with idols.

And the Catholic Church is teaching the people to worship the idols such as Mary. Is that a bashing? No, I am doing this out of love for them and pray that they will wake up from the snares of their false teachings.

I posted this thread in a response to some misconceptions that the mark of the beast may be already 'out' by now.

Unread 08-09-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
As this ought will give people a Catholic basher anointing of lucifer, which will corrupt your understanding of scriptures ...... I don`t see the Catholic church as the seven headed beast , for these ideas come from haters in the Christian religion
You have a good point on this one and I have just realised now that my thread doesn't have any contribution to Christ. What use is that in interpreting the scripture if it doesn't contribute to the work of Christ?

It can be easy to get your mind corrupted by the reading of some websites...It's best to get out and to labour for Christ.

Therefore I have requested for my thread to be closed/deleted.

Regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.