Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
No, I totally disagree. If you want to keep attacking then I say that your attacks are baseless. We keep God's Commandments and our ministers do follow James 5 and receive results and apparently you follow Satan and his ministers and your religion is part of this evil world of which Satan is the god of and you have no divine healing in your group which pleases your god Satan because he wants to destroy those made in God's image as fast as he can.

I think you should stop your attacks and repent!
Pointing out your own words to you is an attack? I don't think so. Do you realize that you just did it again?

If you went to keep the commandments, then keep them, but it is beyond weird to see you come here and publicly demonstrate how you violate them. Every time you falsely accuse believers of Satan worship you slander not only them, but also Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit which resides in them. How can you not see that?

Old 08-12-2012, 08:37 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJKITJR View Post
Did Mr. Armstrong put the Church under Caesar's rule? under 501c3?
501c3 Church? « The Truth Restored
Here's is an Anti-Armstrong article from Time Magazine, stating that Mr. Armstrong "Legally" dissolved WCG,inc and made the Corporate Sole. If someone hates you and writes things bad about you and during that attacks you for "Legally" doing something, that would make me think it was true then(the legal part). Because when you're hatefully attacking someone you will find anything BAD about them. They attacked him BECAUSE he did that.
Religion: When Mammon Serves God - TIME
Why did Mr. Armstrong transform the church FROM "Inc" to "Corporate Sole"?
This helps explain what a corporate sole does.
News | There is a Remedy at Law for Every Problem | Ecclesiastical law
The COG's (Churches of God) teach we are in the Laodicean Era, but By God's Revelation to His Apostle and servant, they teach CONTRARY to what God reveals in the Bible
Laodicean Era? « The Truth Restored

Herbert W Armstrong talking about the laodicean Church - YouTube

They also teach contrary to the Doctrine of Duality.
God restored that teaching to the church through Herbert W Armstrong. He taught that "duality" runs through-out the Bible, INCLUDING prophecy! They teach that The King of the South is "YET" to be fulfilled in a another fulfillment, besides the the dual fulfillments that was fulfilled already. The two types
#1 - Former type - the event that typed a future event to happen in the future
#2 - Latter type - the last fulfillment of duality of the event it typed by the former.

King of the south - Former type - ancient times during the split up of the Grecian Empire.
Latter Type - King Menelik of Ethiopia between 1895-1897 pushed at Italy and Mussolini in 1935 swore revenge, and they passed over the king of the South (Ethipia) and annexed it into the Italian Empire. This is better explained in the book "The Middle East in Prophecy" By Herbert W Armstrong.

If anybody teaches that there is YET another fulfillment is teaching contrary to the Bible which teaches DUALITY NOT triality.
The COG's teach triality.

Psalm 11:10
"... a good understanding have all they that do his commandments..."
Those who Keep God's Commandments will have a good understanding, that includes Prophecy!

If anyone says that God's Servant and Apostle doesn't have a Good understanding of anything, let alone prophecy, accuses him of not being a servant of Christ, not having the holy spirit(those who do have the Holy Spirit are those who keep his commandments, the true church) you are saying he is a false minister, not of God! Would we commit this Unpardonable sin?

A Philadelphian of God's Church follows what was taught in Philadephian! God appointed Herbert W Armstrong as the Human Leader and Apostle to lead the Philadelphians! The Philadelphian Era! We are TO BACK That man who was given the Key of David, who has GOD'S MESSAGE(Mal 3:1) and Hold Fast to what was taught (Rev 3:11)
I agree we are to hold fast. The fulfillment of the office of the end-time Elijah is what motivates me to hold fast since he is to restore all things just before the Return of Christ. If all things were restored by Mr. Armstrong then any other truths to be added can wait until Christ returns.

Many accuse us of worshipping Mr. Armstrong because we are holdinig fast but we are simply honoring the office that Mr. Armstrong has fulfilled.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 PM

5 posts, read 5,583 times
Quote:
I agree we are to hold fast. The fulfillment of the office of the end-time Elijah is what motivates me to hold fast since he is to restore all things just before the Return of Christ. If all things were restored by Mr. Armstrong then any other truths to be added can wait until Christ returns.

Many accuse us of worshipping Mr. Armstrong because we are holdinig fast but we are simply honoring the office that Mr. Armstrong has fulfilled.
Exactly! We Hold Fast to the Teaching of the Bible, Not because someone says it. We recognize God sent a man to teach us the Bible, but we worship the one who sent him, we believe the one who sent the messenger. We honor the office that God gave to his servants. We believe the message! God's Message not Herbert Armstrong's! But we Honor Mr. Armstrong in that! We look past the man and see the GOD who sent him. We worship GOD alone not the men He sends. We are to ENDURE until the end, and Hold fast to those teaching's

Old 08-12-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Exactly! We Hold Fast to the Teaching of the Bible, Not because someone says it. We recognize God sent a man to teach us the Bible, but we worship the one who sent him, we believe the one who sent the messenger. We honor the office that God gave to his servants. We believe the message! God's Message not Herbert Armstrong's! But we Honor Mr. Armstrong in that! We look past the man and see the GOD who sent him. We worship GOD alone not the men He sends. We are to ENDURE until the end, and Hold fast to those teaching's
And also if you keep the Commandments of God as Mr Armstrong instructed us to do, then you are obeying and worshipping God, not a man. When God first called me, God intervened and showed which day was the 7th Day and corrected me right at sunset at the end of the 6th day when I balked in keeping the 7th Day holy. That was no man, that was God! I know many who could probably give similar stories.

And Mr Armstrong hated hero worship and many were shocked when they thought he would appreciate them praising him only to have him correct them.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
And also if you keep the Commandments of God as Mr Armstrong instructed us to do, then you are obeying and worshipping God, not a man. When God first called me, God intervened and showed which day was the 7th Day and corrected me right at sunset at the end of the 6th day when I balked in keeping the 7th Day holy. That was no man, that was God! I know many who could probably give similar stories.

And Mr Armstrong hated hero worship and many were shocked when they thought he would appreciate them praising him only to have him correct them.

Yes he never wanted to be worshiped
Check out his Bible Study "Philippians 1-2", he explains this there.You may already know this.
God is the one who teaches us from the Bible not a man. The Bible is what we are to Hold Fast to, and God sent a man to make plain the pages of the Bible. To put all the jigsaw pieces together, so God's Church can be ready. God restored the Government of God to the church through Mr. Armstrong. God restored MANY doctrines, not just the "basic" 18. Many don't seem to know that, and some know or knew that and yet they still refused to Hold fast to that. They pick and choose, but God's way is a WHOLE package not something you can pick through and choose what you think is right. That is the test that is on the Church currently(among other tests). The question is who will past?

Old 08-12-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Yes he never wanted to be worshiped
Check out his Bible Study "Philippians 1-2", he explains this there.You may already know this.
God is the one who teaches us from the Bible not a man. The Bible is what we are to Hold Fast to, and God sent a man to make plain the pages of the Bible. To put all the jigsaw pieces together, so God's Church can be ready. God restored the Government of God to the church through Mr. Armstrong. God restored MANY doctrines, not just the "basic" 18. Many don't seem to know that, and some know or knew that and yet they still refused to Hold fast to that. They pick and choose, but God's way is a WHOLE package not something you can pick through and choose what you think is right. That is the test that is on the Church currently(among other tests). The question is who will past?
I was the first I think in my congregation to leave because of the changes not to brag but to show how difficult it was to try to resist all the others who wanted to go along with them. It was hard. I mean hard. We were told to never leave the Church and I thought that God would strke me down at any second so I fasted and prayed each Sabbath while rereading all of what Mr. Armstrong had taught us and it all came back and now I had actually proved to myself all the things I had failed to prove before this thing hit us and am learning things I missed each Sabbath I review his material.

Maybe you had a similar experience.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I was the first I think in my congregation to leave because of the changes not to brag but to show how difficult it was to try to resist all the others who wanted to go along with them. It was hard. I mean hard. We were told to never leave the Church and I thought that God would strke me down at any second so I fasted and prayed each Sabbath while rereading all of what Mr. Armstrong had taught us and it all came back and now I had actually proved to myself all the things I had failed to prove before this thing hit us and am learning things I missed each Sabbath I review his material.

Maybe you had a similar experience.
Yes, actually my whole family has had that experience. We actually was in the PCG for ten years while still holding to the knowledge we had that was taught by Christ from the Bible through Mr. Armstrong. We were "suspended" for refusing to compromise those teaching's. My Father wrote a letter to Gerald Flurry asking questions about what was happening(the Local, and regional minister was involved, so he was the next in the chain of command). No reply. While out all we had was Mr. Armstrong's stuff, so we started to study and research everything. we then compared the original(Mr. Armstrong's) with what the PCG taught. We found MANY changes in teaching's. We then started searching each COG for those who held fast to ALL things. But found errors, teachings that were contrary to what was taught by Herbert W Armstrong. Contrary to the Bible. We are still in search of the group who believes the Bible an everything that was restored through Mr. Armstrong. But so far we haven't found any who haven't compromised with the truth, even in the smallest forms.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, actually my whole family has had that experience. We actually was in the PCG for ten years while still holding to the knowledge we had that was taught by Christ from the Bible through Mr. Armstrong. We were "suspended" for refusing to compromise those teaching's. My Father wrote a letter to Gerald Flurry asking questions about what was happening(the Local, and regional minister was involved, so he was the next in the chain of command). No reply. While out all we had was Mr. Armstrong's stuff, so we started to study and research everything. we then compared the original(Mr. Armstrong's) with what the PCG taught. We found MANY changes in teaching's. We then started searching each COG for those who held fast to ALL things. But found errors, teachings that were contrary to what was taught by Herbert W Armstrong. Contrary to the Bible. We are still in search of the group who believes the Bible an everything that was restored through Mr. Armstrong. But so far we find none who hasn't compromised the truth, even in the smallest forms.
I left the WCG and never have been a member with any of the splinter groups. I have been a coworker with the PCG, GCG, LCG, SCG, WWCG, UCG, COG-ff, RCG and probably others if I stopped to think about it and like you I find some differences in all, with some of them very close to Mr. Armstrong and their anointings are real. I have been healed at the very time I believe they actually pray over the anointed cloth even though the cloth arrives several days later. So, they are trying to do the best they can, but they all seem to have a little difference here or there. I feel we are scattered and it is just going to get worse as we move towards Christ return. I would hope this observation would be wrong but that is the way appears at this time....

Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I left the WCG and never have been a member with any of the splinter groups. I have been a coworker with the PCG, GCG, LCG, SCG, WWCG, UCG, COG-ff, RCG and probably others if I stopped to think about it and like you I find some differences in all, with some of them very close to Mr. Armstrong and their anointings are real. I have been healed at the very time I believe they actually pray over the anointed cloth even though the cloth arrives several days later. So, they are trying to do the best they can, but they all seem to have a little difference here or there. I feel we are scattered and it is just going to get worse as we move towards Christ return. I would hope this observation would be wrong but that is the way appears at this time....
Well, if we stay fast and continue to Hold Fast and remain Philadelphia, we will escape the trouble ahead. Meeting all the other members of God's Church of Like mind in the Place of Safety.(the Philadelphians) The Laodicean Church will form(come together) at the very end of the Great Tribulation and will be protected during the Day of the Lord.That will be the in-numerable multitude. Those who were of the Philadephians, but turned Laodicean will have to give their lives during the Great Tribulation as Martyrs. This will convert the Laodiceans who didn't have the Holy Spirit before hand, and they will form the Last Church, the Laodicean Church. And they will receive the Holy Spirit at that time. Mr. Armstrong taught this, near the end of his life. We all have to endure until the end. I'm not sure about anybody else, but I want to be faithful and be accounted worthy to escape the coming Great Tribulation. We all must strive to be Philadelphian and hold fast to those teaching's.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Well, if we stay fast and continue to Hold Fast and remain Philadelphia, we will escape the trouble ahead. Meeting all the other members of God's Church of Like mind in the Place of Safety.(the Philadelphians) The Laodicean Church will form(come together) at the very end of the Great Tribulation and will be protected during the Day of the Lord.That will be the in-numerable multitude. Those who were of the Philadephians, but turned Laodicean will have to give their lives during the Great Tribulation as Martyrs. This will convert the Laodiceans who didn't have the Holy Spirit before hand, and they will form the Last Church, the Laodicean Church. And they will receive the Holy Spirit at that time. Mr. Armstrong taught this, near the end of his life. We all have to endure until the end. I'm not sure about anybody else, but I want to be faithful and be accounted worthy to escape the coming Great Tribulation. We all must strive to be Philadelphian and hold fast to those teaching's.
I believe that this is the tail-end of the Philadelphian Era still and the Laodicean Era will come when Mr. Armstrong said it would. I'll let your words be the end....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity