U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 AM
 
951 posts, read 828,916 times
Reputation: 75

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
The Saturday resurrection teaching is false doctrine. if he didn't rise on the 1rst day , he did not become the first fruit, meaning his not the messiah. So please delete H Armstrong teaching from your mind and read scriptures for yourself to get the correct understanding of scriptures.

You understand feast days so you should know if he died on Passover then rose on the third day that would make him fullfill the feast of first fruits.
Wrong!

He ascended to Heaven on the morning of the first day, but He was resurrected from the grave exactly 72 hours after He was put in the tomb and that occurred on late Sabbath afternoon just before sunset, just before the beginning of the 1st day. You need to read the booklet I gave in the last post to get the exact time-line. You are in error!

And near the end of this lesson (p 13) below, it explains the "first of the firstfruits" (reshiyth) and the wave sheaf offering:

Title: Bible Course (32 Lessons)--Lesson 27--Pentecost--Only "Firstfruits" Now Called!
Publication: The Ambassador College Bible Correspondence Course
Publisher: Ambassador College
Founder: Herbert W Armstrong
Total Lessons: 32
Lesson No: 27
Date Published: 1986
Type Media: PDF

http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-32/cc32-27.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2012, 11:28 AM
 
2,532 posts, read 2,017,708 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Wrong!

He ascended to Heaven on the morning of the first day, but He was resurrected from the grave exactly 72 hours after He was put in the tomb and that occurred on late Sabbath afternoon just before sunset, just before the beginning of the 1st day. You need to read the booklet I gave in the last post to get the exact time-line. You are in error!

And near the end of this lesson (p 13) below, it explains the "first of the firstfruits" (reshiyth) and the wave sheaf offering:

Title: Bible Course (32 Lessons)--Lesson 27--Pentecost--Only "Firstfruits" Now Called!
Publication: The Ambassador College Bible Correspondence Course
Publisher: Ambassador College
Founder: Herbert W Armstrong
Total Lessons: 32
Lesson No: 27
Date Published: 1986
Type Media: PDF

http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-32/cc32-27.pdf
MT 28:1-2 "In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn [the evening of the first day was almost over] toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see and, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the Angel of the Lord descended from Heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it."

He was resurrected on the first day to start a New Spiritual Creation in Himself. God always starts anew on the first day. He is the God of rhymes, reason and order. He was resurrected at dawn because the sun is symbolic for the Son who rose with healing power.

MAL 4:2 "But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun [spelled sun not son because it is a metaphor] of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and you shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall."

What is true in the natural is true in the spiritual. JN 3:12 "If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?" If the sun has healing power then how much more does the Son have both physical and healing power.

Last edited by garya123; 10-14-2012 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 11:38 AM
 
951 posts, read 828,916 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
MT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn [the evening of the first day was almost over] toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
MT 28:2 "And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the Angel of the Lord descended from Heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it."

He was resurrected on the first day to start a New Spiritual Creation in Himself. God always starts anew on the first day. He is the God of rhymes, reason and order.
No!

He had already risen earlier during the last hours of the Seventh Day Sabbath. If He didn't then the scripture(s) that force the period to be no later that 72 hours versus the scripture(s) that force the period to be no earlier than 72 hours will be broken. He was put in the tomb just before sunset at the end of the 4th day of the week (in the midst of the week) and was resurrected just before sunset at the end of the 7th day of the week. 7th day - 4th day will be precisely 72 hours right on the dot. Your SUN-day morning resurrection won't work! It will violate the scriptures!

Last edited by tthttf; 10-14-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Top of the South, NZ
17,192 posts, read 13,742,692 times
Reputation: 5567
Seeing the word Gentiles, reminds me of the mirth at sunday school, when someone first discovered the word genital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 12:22 PM
 
2,532 posts, read 2,017,708 times
Reputation: 327
The following Scripture are but a sample of of what God does on the eighth day which is Sunday and the day of New Life and The Resurrection.

EX 22:30 Likewise shall you do with your oxen, and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with his dam; on the eighth day you shall give it Me.

LEV 9:1-2 And it came to pass on the eighth day, that Moses called Aaron and his sons, and the elders of Israel; And he said unto Aaron, Take you a young calf for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering, without blemish, and offer them before the Lord.

LEV 12:3 "And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised [symbolic of a new heart on the eighth day, day of the resurrection]." If you can't see this one then what can you see?

LEV 14:10 And on the eighth day he shall take two he lambs without blemish, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish, and three tenth deals of fine flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and one log of oil.

LEV 14:23 And he shall bring them on the eighth day for his cleansing unto the priest, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, before the LORD.LEV 14:24 And the priest shall take the lamb of the trespass offering, and the log of oil, and the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the Lord:

LEV 15:14-15 And on the eighth day he shall take to him two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, and come before the LORD unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and give them unto the priest: And the priest shall offer them, the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the Lord for his issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 12:50 PM
 
951 posts, read 828,916 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
The following Scripture are but a sample of of what God does on the eighth day which is Sunday and the day of New Life and The Resurrection.

EX 22:30 Likewise shall you do with your oxen, and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with his dam; on the eighth day you shall give it Me.

LEV 9:1-2 And it came to pass on the eighth day, that Moses called Aaron and his sons, and the elders of Israel; And he said unto Aaron, Take you a young calf for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering, without blemish, and offer them before the Lord.

LEV 12:3 "And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised [symbolic of a new heart on the eighth day, day of the resurrection]." If you can't see this one then what can you see?

LEV 14:10 And on the eighth day he shall take two he lambs without blemish, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish, and three tenth deals of fine flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and one log of oil.

LEV 14:23 And he shall bring them on the eighth day for his cleansing unto the priest, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, before the LORD.LEV 14:24 And the priest shall take the lamb of the trespass offering, and the log of oil, and the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the Lord:

LEV 15:14-15 And on the eighth day he shall take to him two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, and come before the LORD unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and give them unto the priest: And the priest shall offer them, the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the Lord for his issue.

And here is what Jereboam did on the eighth month ( and our ministry has stated that Jereboam probably moved the Sabbath day from the 7th Day Sabbath to the eighth day as well ).

I Kings 12:
25 Then Jeroboam built Shechem in mount Ephraim, and dwelt therein; and went out from thence, and built Penuel.
26 And Jeroboam said in his heart, Now shall the kingdom return to the house of David:
27 If this people go up to do sacrifice in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then shall the heart of this people turn again unto their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Judah, and they shall kill me, and go again to Rehoboam king of Judah.
28 Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
29 And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan.
30 And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan.
31 And he made an house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi.
32 And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made.
33 So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.


I Kings 13:
1 And, behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the LORD unto Bethel: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense.
2 And he cried against the altar in the word of the LORD, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the LORD; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men's bones shall be burnt upon thee.
3 And he gave a sign the same day, saying, This is the sign which the LORD hath spoken; Behold, the altar shall be rent, and the ashes that are upon it shall be poured out.
4 And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Bethel, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him.
5 The altar also was rent, and the ashes poured out from the altar, according to the sign which the man of God had given by the word of the LORD.
6 And the king answered and said unto the man of God, Intreat now the face of the LORD thy God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored me again. And the man of God besought the LORD, and the king's hand was restored him again, and became as it was before.


33 After this thing Jeroboam returned not from his evil way, but made again of the lowest of the people priests of the high places: whosoever would, he consecrated him, and he became one of the priests of the high places.
34 And this thing became sin unto the house of Jeroboam, even to cut it off, and to destroy it from off the face of the earth.

This changing of God's Sabbaths caused the House of Israel to go into captivity. God does not consider this sin of changing God's Holy Days as something trivial as modern Christianity seems to assume today.

Now, Christ was resurrected at the end of the Seventh Day Sabbath and He does not approve moving it to the eighth day or the 1st day whatever you want to call it:

Mark 7:
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men....
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.


Man cannot change God's Holy Days. They are Holy Time to God. Only God has that authority. You are preaching a different christ if you are saying Christ changed the Seventh Day Sabbath to SUN-day. The church at Rome, the church of the Beast (Roman Empire) made that change but God the Father or His Son Jesus Christ did not! And all you have are word games playing with the number 8 or number 1 to try to find a loophole to put God's Holy time on a day of pagan sun worship and calling it Christian by the decree of men that are cut off from the true God and the true Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 01:15 PM
 
2,532 posts, read 2,017,708 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
And here is what Jereboam did on the eighth month ( and our ministry has stated that Jereboam probably moved the Sabbath day from the 7th Day Sabbath to the eighth day as well ).

I Kings 12:
25 Then Jeroboam built Shechem in mount Ephraim, and dwelt therein; and went out from thence, and built Penuel.
26 And Jeroboam said in his heart, Now shall the kingdom return to the house of David:
27 If this people go up to do sacrifice in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then shall the heart of this people turn again unto their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Judah, and they shall kill me, and go again to Rehoboam king of Judah.
28 Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
29 And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan.
30 And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan.
31 And he made an house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi.
32 And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made.
33 So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.

I Kings 13:
1 And, behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the LORD unto Bethel: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense.
2 And he cried against the altar in the word of the LORD, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the LORD; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men's bones shall be burnt upon thee.
3 And he gave a sign the same day, saying, This is the sign which the LORD hath spoken; Behold, the altar shall be rent, and the ashes that are upon it shall be poured out.
4 And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Bethel, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him.
5 The altar also was rent, and the ashes poured out from the altar, according to the sign which the man of God had given by the word of the LORD.
6 And the king answered and said unto the man of God, Intreat now the face of the LORD thy God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored me again. And the man of God besought the LORD, and the king's hand was restored him again, and became as it was before.

33 After this thing Jeroboam returned not from his evil way, but made again of the lowest of the people priests of the high places: whosoever would, he consecrated him, and he became one of the priests of the high places.
34 And this thing became sin unto the house of Jeroboam, even to cut it off, and to destroy it from off the face of the earth.

This changing of God's Sabbaths caused the House of Israel to go into captivity. God does not consider this sin of changing God's Holy Days as something trivial as modern Christianity seems to assume today.

Now, Christ was resurrected at the end of the Seventh Day Sabbath and He does not approve moving it to the eighth day or the 1st day whatever you want to call it:

Mark 7:
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men....
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Man cannot change God's Holy Days. They are Holy Time to God. Only God has that authority. You are preaching a different christ if you are saying Christ changed the Seventh Day Sabbath to SUN-day. The church at Rome, the church of the Beast (Roman Empire) made that change but God the Father or His Son Jesus Christ did not! And all you have are word games playing with the number 8 or number 1 to try to find a loophole to put God's Holy time on a day of pagan sun worship and calling it Christian by the decree of men that are cut off from the true God and the true Christ.
This all has nothing even remotely connected with the Scriptures I gave you. I never said and those scriptures never said the Sabbath for the Jews of Old were changed. That is a differant topic altogether.

What I am alluding to is that the New Spiritual Creation in Christ started on the first day of the week like when God started the physical creation on the first day of the week. How you read Sabbath into that is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 01:38 PM
 
951 posts, read 828,916 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
This all has nothing even remotely connected with the Scriptures I gave you. I never said and those scriptures never said the Sabbath for the Jews of Old were changed. That is a differant topic altogether.

What I am alluding to is that the New Spiritual Creation in Christ started on the first day of the week like when God started the physical creation on the first day of the week. How you read Sabbath into that is beyond me.
What you are talking about is a different christ, a different way, a totally different religion that is not based on the Scriptures of God.

This is what the true Christ thinks about God's Commandments versus the commandments and traditions of men:

Mark 7:
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men....
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

You can't get around this. Christ has stated His opinion about that you and the church at Rome, the church of the Beast (Roman Empire) believe in, and He is against it. Read those verses carefully. He backs up the Commandments of God and condemns the traditions and commandments of men. There is no latitude given to you from Christ Himself to start making the changes you claim that have been made because the scriptures show clearly that Christ and the early apostles kept Gods Sabbaths and annual Holy Days/Festivals and kept God's Ten Commandments. You have no scriptural authority for SUN-day, Christmas, Easter (the word in Acts 12:4 is a mistranslation in the KJV, the RSV has it correctly as Passover), etc.

Plus, Christ was not even resurrected on SUN-day, but at the very end of the Seventh Day Sabbath as the scriptures will enforce if you examine them. 72 hours from late afternoon on the 4th day to late afternoon on the 7th day will be exactly 72 hours. Anything that goes into the first day of the week violates the scriptures.

So, Christ's words (Mark 7) prove the Sabbath is to be kept and not SUN-day. You are laying aside the Commandment of God (4th) if you do so you can keep the traditions/commandments of men.

And Christ's time in the tomb and resurrection at the end of Seventh Day Sabbath spoils your trick concerning the resurrection being on Sunday and for some unknown reason out of thin air you claimed that you then had the authority to move the rest day from the 7th Day Sabbath to the 1st day (so what real authority do you have for this other than just playing word games with the scriptures?). God never approved this move. Christ never approved this move. Where's the scriptural authority? Christ kept the Seventh Day Sabbath and that is the only scriptural authority there is! That should be the end of the discussion. He kept it and so should we, no further need to discuss the matter. Case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 02:26 PM
 
2,532 posts, read 2,017,708 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
What you are talking about is a different christ, a different way, a totally different religion that is not based on the Scriptures of God.

This is what the true Christ thinks about God's Commandments versus the commandments and traditions of men:

Mark 7:
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men....
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

You can't get around this. Christ has stated His opinion about that you and the church at Rome, the church of the Beast (Roman Empire) believe in, and He is against it. Read those verses carefully. He backs up the Commandments of God and condemns the traditions and commandments of men. There is no latitude given to you from Christ Himself to start making the changes you claim that have been made because the scriptures show clearly that Christ and the early apostles kept Gods Sabbaths and annual Holy Days/Festivals and kept God's Ten Commandments. You have no scriptural authority for SUN-day, Christmas, Easter (the word in Acts 12:4 is a mistranslation in the KJV, the RSV has it correctly as Passover), etc.

Plus, Christ was not even resurrected on SUN-day, but at the very end of the Seventh Day Sabbath as the scriptures will enforce if you examine them. 72 hours from late afternoon on the 4th day to late afternoon on the 7th day will be exactly 72 hours. Anything that goes into the first day of the week violates the scriptures.

So, Christ's words (Mark 7) prove the Sabbath is to be kept and not SUN-day. You are laying aside the Commandment of God (4th) if you do so you can keep the traditions/commandments of men.

And Christ's time in the tomb and resurrection at the end of Seventh Day Sabbath spoils your trick concerning the resurrection being on Sunday and for some unknown reason out of thin air you claimed that you then had the authority to move the rest day from the 7th Day Sabbath to the 1st day (so what real authority do you have for this other than just playing word games with the scriptures?). God never approved this move. Christ never approved this move. Where's the scriptural authority? Christ kept the Seventh Day Sabbath and that is the only scriptural authority there is! That should be the end of the discussion. He kept it and so should we, no further need to discuss the matter. Case closed.
Come now, you didn't even address what all those Scriptures concerning the eighth day mean. Christ was not resurrected on the Sabbath of an old creation. He started a new one. Circumsion took place for Jesus on the eighth day according to the law of Moses. You can not connect the dots because the Spirit is not teaching you. You keep on about the Sabbath and ramble about it to no end. You accuse all of having the mark of the Beast. Oh, what slander. Have you looked in the mirror lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,423,150 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
The following Scripture are but a sample of of what God does on the eighth day which is Sunday and the day of New Life and The Resurrection.

EX 22:30 Likewise shall you do with your oxen, and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with his dam; on the eighth day you shall give it Me.

LEV 9:1-2 And it came to pass on the eighth day, that Moses called Aaron and his sons, and the elders of Israel; And he said unto Aaron, Take you a young calf for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering, without blemish, and offer them before the Lord.

LEV 12:3 "And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised [symbolic of a new heart on the eighth day, day of the resurrection]." If you can't see this one then what can you see?

LEV 14:10 And on the eighth day he shall take two he lambs without blemish, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish, and three tenth deals of fine flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and one log of oil.

LEV 14:23 And he shall bring them on the eighth day for his cleansing unto the priest, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, before the LORD.LEV 14:24 And the priest shall take the lamb of the trespass offering, and the log of oil, and the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the Lord:

LEV 15:14-15 And on the eighth day he shall take to him two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, and come before the LORD unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and give them unto the priest: And the priest shall offer them, the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the Lord for his issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
And here is what Jereboam did on the eighth month ( and our ministry has stated that Jereboam probably moved the Sabbath day from the 7th Day Sabbath to the eighth day as well ).

I Kings 12:
25 Then Jeroboam built Shechem in mount Ephraim, and dwelt therein; and went out from thence, and built Penuel.
26 And Jeroboam said in his heart, Now shall the kingdom return to the house of David:
27 If this people go up to do sacrifice in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then shall the heart of this people turn again unto their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Judah, and they shall kill me, and go again to Rehoboam king of Judah.
28 Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
29 And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan.
30 And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan.
31 And he made an house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi.
32 And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made.
33 So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.

I Kings 13:
1 And, behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the LORD unto Bethel: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense.
2 And he cried against the altar in the word of the LORD, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the LORD; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men's bones shall be burnt upon thee.
3 And he gave a sign the same day, saying, This is the sign which the LORD hath spoken; Behold, the altar shall be rent, and the ashes that are upon it shall be poured out.
4 And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Bethel, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him.
5 The altar also was rent, and the ashes poured out from the altar, according to the sign which the man of God had given by the word of the LORD.
6 And the king answered and said unto the man of God, Intreat now the face of the LORD thy God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored me again. And the man of God besought the LORD, and the king's hand was restored him again, and became as it was before.

33 After this thing Jeroboam returned not from his evil way, but made again of the lowest of the people priests of the high places: whosoever would, he consecrated him, and he became one of the priests of the high places.
34 And this thing became sin unto the house of Jeroboam, even to cut it off, and to destroy it from off the face of the earth.

This changing of God's Sabbaths caused the House of Israel to go into captivity. God does not consider this sin of changing God's Holy Days as something trivial as modern Christianity seems to assume today.

Now, Christ was resurrected at the end of the Seventh Day Sabbath and He does not approve moving it to the eighth day or the 1st day whatever you want to call it:

Mark 7:
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men....
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Man cannot change God's Holy Days. They are Holy Time to God. Only God has that authority. You are preaching a different christ if you are saying Christ changed the Seventh Day Sabbath to SUN-day. The church at Rome, the church of the Beast (Roman Empire) made that change but God the Father or His Son Jesus Christ did not! And all you have are word games playing with the number 8 or number 1 to try to find a loophole to put God's Holy time on a day of pagan sun worship and calling it Christian by the decree of men that are cut off from the true God and the true Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
This all has nothing even remotely connected with the Scriptures I gave you. I never said and those scriptures never said the Sabbath for the Jews of Old were changed. That is a differant topic altogether.

What I am alluding to is that the New Spiritual Creation in Christ started on the first day of the week like when God started the physical creation on the first day of the week. How you read Sabbath into that is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
What you are talking about is a different christ, a different way, a totally different religion that is not based on the Scriptures of God.

This is what the true Christ thinks about God's Commandments versus the commandments and traditions of men:

Mark 7:
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men....
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

You can't get around this. Christ has stated His opinion about that you and the church at Rome, the church of the Beast (Roman Empire) believe in, and He is against it. Read those verses carefully. He backs up the Commandments of God and condemns the traditions and commandments of men. There is no latitude given to you from Christ Himself to start making the changes you claim that have been made because the scriptures show clearly that Christ and the early apostles kept Gods Sabbaths and annual Holy Days/Festivals and kept God's Ten Commandments. You have no scriptural authority for SUN-day, Christmas, Easter (the word in Acts 12:4 is a mistranslation in the KJV, the RSV has it correctly as Passover), etc.

Plus, Christ was not even resurrected on SUN-day, but at the very end of the Seventh Day Sabbath as the scriptures will enforce if you examine them. 72 hours from late afternoon on the 4th day to late afternoon on the 7th day will be exactly 72 hours. Anything that goes into the first day of the week violates the scriptures.

So, Christ's words (Mark 7) prove the Sabbath is to be kept and not SUN-day. You are laying aside the Commandment of God (4th) if you do so you can keep the traditions/commandments of men.

And Christ's time in the tomb and resurrection at the end of Seventh Day Sabbath spoils your trick concerning the resurrection being on Sunday and for some unknown reason out of thin air you claimed that you then had the authority to move the rest day from the 7th Day Sabbath to the 1st day (so what real authority do you have for this other than just playing word games with the scriptures?). God never approved this move. Christ never approved this move. Where's the scriptural authority? Christ kept the Seventh Day Sabbath and that is the only scriptural authority there is! That should be the end of the discussion. He kept it and so should we, no further need to discuss the matter. Case closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Come now, you didn't even address what all those Scriptures concerning the eighth day mean. Christ was not resurrected on the Sabbath of an old creation. He started a new one. Circumsion took place for Jesus on the eighth day according to the law of Moses. You can not connect the dots because the Spirit is not teaching you. You keep on about the Sabbath and ramble about it to no end. You accuse all of having the mark of the Beast. Oh, what slander. Have you looked in the mirror lately.
...OH!...how he DID and continues to DO in addressing with TRUTH, the lies you continually attempt to present though ! ..yes...Praise \o/ God ! he addressed it in ALL honesty...forthrightly and completely.



Wonderful tthttf...you are fighting a fantastic battle against the enemies of God....and winning in the eyes of God.....you are continually in my prayers.


God Bless you dear brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top