U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 AM

4,431 posts, read 4,086,035 times

Advertisements

The bible is a giant book and you can pick and choose certain verses only to make it mean anything you want it like the OP always does with the Sabbath, rather that look at the Bible as a whole. As much as one can say when they see the word commandments in the NT is referring to the 10 commandments, when you look at the NT in its context, the theme is pretty much Love one another, it is clear what the commandments are referring to the ones Jesus gave and not the 10.

John 3

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

IT DOES NOT READ

For God so loved the world that He gave His "7th Day Sabbath", that whoever observes the "7th Day Sabbath" should not perish but have everlasting life. But this is what the OP always pretty much believes.

Matthew 28 shows we are to do as Christ commands
Matthew 28

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

In Matthew he says the entire OT (Law & the Prophets) lies upon loving God and One another. So when looking at many of the times when it says to keep his commands are mentioned its clear Christ commands are to believe in Him, Love God and Love one another.

John 13

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

John 14

15 “If you love Me, keep[d] My commandments.

-His commandments were clearly listed in John 13

John 15

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

1 John 3

23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us[e] commandment. The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error

24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 4

Obedience by Faith20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can[c] he love God whom he has not seen? 21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

Galatians 5

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Galatians 6

Bear and Share the Burdens

6 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

So it is clear what his commandments are. One can make the lame argument that those are just the 10 commandments expanded, but it proves one must go outside the 10 commandments and follow the Law of Christ and do as Christ commands for there salvation and not just think that keeping 10 commandments seals them with God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 07:26 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,176,404 times
You can't be saved by works. It is humanly impossible. That is why God gave us the New Covenant. We are saved by the grace of God alone.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:42 AM

767 posts, read 431,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Iím sorry , but the laws, including the Sabbath WAS made for ONLY the Israelites, NOT the Gentiles, (Ephe.2:11-15, Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands. That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace).
Though Jehovah God wanted ALL to worship him, The Jewish nation were the ONLY onesÖ.who were blessed with that Heavenly calling ,(Exo. 19:3-6, And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel. Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself. Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine. And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel).
these would have been the oneís who would have made up the 144,000, (Rev. 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel). They had many laws, too many, that they found hard to keep up with. These laws ,(many Jehovah God allowed Moses to give), were no longer for even the Jewish nation. Once Jesus came and fulfilled his duties, (Colo. 2:13 and Heb. 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away).
Godís laws was incorporated into the laws of Moses, (Rom. 7:6,7- But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet).We can NOW worship Jehovah God on any day, (Rom. 14:5,6- One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks).

everyone has a day they choose to worship God, It doesnít matter to him. See also (Colo. 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days. 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ). peace

Old 08-23-2012, 07:43 AM

28,025 posts, read 15,118,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
The Sabbath is a test. Will we obey every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God --or not? To excuse their disobedience to the Sabbath Commandment, some Christians will say that it is only for the Jews; or, what day we observe isn't really important; or, we probably can't trace the calendar to when the manna was given, etc.
Verna, have you ever heard of the Nohidic laws?...

Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,221,174 times
Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:59 AM

1,784 posts, read 2,998,163 times
Another Sabbath thread? Really?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 PM

870 posts, read 667,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Christ was a Jew and Gentiles must become spiritual Israelites.
Christ was a Christian.
Christ kept the 7th Day Sabbath.
Christ kept the annual Holy Days.
Christ kept the 10 Commandments.
Christ said to have eternal life keep the Commandments which includes the 7th Day Sabbath
Christ will enforce the annual Sabbaths when He returns (Zech 14) and by extension weekly Sabbath.

The church at Rome along with Emperor Constantine forced Sunday worship which is pagan.
The church at Rome had no scriptural authority to change the rest day from Sabbath to Sunday.
The church at Rome brought in other pagan worship such as Christmas, Easter, etc.
The church at Rome has had put to death over 50,000,000 people and Sabbath-keepers are included.
The church at Rome is not a true follower of Jesus Christ because of the above.
The church at Rome is Gentile and not Christian.
The church at Rome is a Gentile organization because of the above.
Yes, the church in Rome did have authority. You're data is false. There was one church that Jesus created and that Church is the one which was given authority and changed it.

Again, we are at an impasse. Next subject.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,432,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Verna, have you ever heard of the Nohidic laws?...
Yes. Why do you ask ?

The Scriptures are very clear, there is only one Torah for both the native-born and the stranger. No one is righteous. The Seventh day Sabbath was made Qodesh at the beginning (Gen. 2:3). This Seventh day Sabbath is not the Jews but it is the sign that binds believers ,both natural born Israeli believers and Gentile believers (spiritual Israel) to the Creator of Heaven and Earth.

Remember beloved friends, the ones that the Dragon will wage war with will be those that follow Revelation 14:12.....

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Rev 14:12.

WARNING: As you digest that verse, let those words be written in your being! Clearly, the Noahide Laws are intended to replace the Marriage Vows (Ten Commandments) of Yahuah.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 08-23-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 08-25-2012, 12:40 PM

173 posts, read 103,614 times
Paul The Apostle to the Gentiles said:

Colossians 2:
King James Version (KJV)
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

22 Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men?

It seems the choice is Christ or the Law.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:44 PM

173 posts, read 103,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Another Sabbath thread? Really?
It seems there are a couple of people on this forum that keep posting the same subject over and over and over. I wonder why they are allowed to continue to do this. Most well moderated forums boot these kind of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or