U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,636,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
It seems there are a couple of people on this forum that keep posting the same subject over and over and over. I wonder why they are allowed to continue to do this. Most well moderated forums boot these kind of people.
What's wrong with someone expressing their passion, especially if it's Elohim's will. In Revelation, before the plagues are poured out the angels mark the foreheads of Elohim's people. This is one way of that marking. Who can be against us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Its strange to me everytime the commandments are mentioned people always make it about the sabbath. Acts 15 was the perfect place to put a commandment to keep sabbath so we would not question it. But its not there. Neither have I ever in 38 years of reading scripture I have not found one New Testament verse saying we must.
You should try reading the teachings of the Messiah concerning the commandments. Saul is not the Messiah. Hint: the words are usually in red

Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
ACTS 15:24-28 "Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, You must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That you abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if you keep yourselves, you shall do well. Fare ye well." Common sense and love had already been given by Christ so as not to murder,steal,ect and He gives rest both spiritually and physically but not according to a specific day prescibed by the law.

REV 22:14 "Blessed are they that do His [Christ's] commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of Life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."
This Scripture is not talking about the Ten Commandments but rather whatever commands that Jesus gives to build the Kingdom which certainly includes the basics of the ten [certainly no one should muder, steal, ect] but it goes much deeper than that and it does not include the Sabbath because Jesus said to the rich man what to keep of those ten, and He did not include the Sabbath.
The Messiah clearly validated the Ten Commandments by saying, right after He tells us the greatest in the Kingdom would teach all the commandments, not one word would change from the commandments.

Where does this come from: "The new teachings as well as the old"

Old 08-28-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance750 View Post
I will say it as my childhood pastor had said: The Laws of God are forever and binding. They are the same today as when He carved them on the rock
Nice. You must read the words of the Messiah or something

Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 AM

If you want to see my topical study on things of this nature then check these threads out. I can't paste the link for some reason but if you do an advanced search you can find these threads I've started:

"A Study in the Word (for those during the Great Tribulation period)" - this thread says it all.

and

"How to Keep the Sabbath"

Old 08-28-2012, 11:23 AM

173 posts, read 103,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
What's wrong with someone expressing their passion, especially if it's Elohim's will. In Revelation, before the plagues are poured out the angels mark the foreheads of Elohim's people. This is one way of that marking. Who can be against us?
It violates their agreement about post on this board. They agreed to post only on topic and they then post off topic. What does scripture say about a liar? Will they enter the kingdom of God? Just wondering!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
You should try reading the teachings of the Messiah concerning the commandments. Saul is not the Messiah. Hint: the words are usually in red
Since you think what Paul instructed the church to do is wrong can you tell me if you think that it was just Paul teaching false doctrine or do you think that Jesus taught him false doctrine to teach?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
It violates their agreement about post on this board. They agreed to post only on topic and they then post off topic. What does scripture say about a liar? Will they enter the kingdom of God? Just wondering!
I haven't read any post on this thread that's off topic. So far your the only one leading it off topic. But, I won't wine to the admin about it because I just happen to live in the United States of America and I love freedom. Feel free, but please at least make sense

Old 08-28-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I haven't read any post on this thread that's off topic. So far your the only one leading it off topic. But, I won't wine to the admin about it because I just happen to live in the United States of America and I love freedom. Feel free, but please at least make sense
You asked the question and I answered it for you. Fact's are facts even if they don't make sense to you! Don't ask me why I say or do something and then argue when I tell you why. Only I know why and you have no way do challenge me on that. What's the point?

(looks like my ignore list may be growing)

Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 PM

7,558 posts, read 2,427,412 times
Lord help me to keep your Sabbath holy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or