U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:31 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,487,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
If one is to become a converted Christian, one must become spiritually an Israelite! Salvation is for “every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek” (Rom. 1:16).

Gentiles were not even excluded, under the Old Testament, the Sabbath was for Gentiles as well as Israelites.

Gentiles could come into the congregation of Israel and many did. Note that when they were first leaving Egypt, “... a mixed multitude went up also with them” (Ex. 12:38). So we see that Gentiles were among them.

The instructions that God gave for observing the Passover: “And when a stranger [Gentile] shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the Passover to the Eternal, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land” (Ex. 12:48). Verse 49: “One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.”

So Gentiles could come in and become naturalized citizens of Israel.

Jesus Christ said that the Sabbath was made for MAN and not just for the Jews only, not for the Israelites only, but for man! Even as it was made for Adam, it was also made for man in this 21st century.

Isaiah 56 begins with a “Thus saith the LORD ...” So, this is from God.

“... Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.” This is the time setting of this prophecy.

So when is God’s salvation near to come and when is His righteousness to be revealed? See Hebrews 9:27-28.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”

Christ will bring salvation when He appears the 2nd time.

The RSV: “So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin, but to save those who are eagerly waiting for Him.”

And when does Christ’s Salvation appear? Revelation 12:10: “Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ” --the time of Christ’s second coming.

Jesus said: “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be” (Rev. 22:12). Again, the time is Christ’s second coming.

Therefore we see that the time of Isaiah’s prophecy is just shortly before the second coming of Christ.

Notice what Christ says in Isaiah:

“Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. Neither let the son of the stranger [Gentile], that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, the LORD hath utterly separated me from his people” (Isa. 56:2-3).

Therefore let no Gentile, in our 21st century, now, that has been converted, and joined himself to the Lord Jesus Christ, say that Christ has separated him from God’s people Israel. No. The Sabbath was NOT a sign to separate Gentiles from Israelites! Gentiles were NOT excluded! The Sabbath is a sign to show who are His and who are not!

Isa. 56:6-7: “Also the sons of the stranger [Gentile], that join themselves to the LORD [that become Christians] to observe him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them [Gentiles] will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer ....”

Therefore you have positive proof with an irrefutable “thus saith the LORD” that the Sabbath was made for man, for mankind, for Gentile as well as Israelite.

And God has made His Sabbath binding forever (Ex. 31:12-17). It is binding forever, perpetually, throughout their generations, on Israelites. Their generations have not ended. Forever has not ended.

Now, Israelites become Christians through Christ just the same as Gentiles. So, Israelite Christians, then, are bound to keep God’s Holy Sabbath.

And what about the Gentiles? They, too, must keep it. They become Israelites, spiritually, when they receive God’s Holy Spirit and become truly converted Christians. God does not have a one way for the Jew and another way for the Gentile. He does not have one day for the Jew and another day for the Gentile. We know that Christ is not divided and that God is no respecter of persons but we are all one in Christ.
Well put and all is true. It was the Catholic Papacy that made Sunday their Sabbath. Nowhere will anyone find in the Bible where the Sabbath was changed to Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,423,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Well put and all is true. It was the Catholic Papacy that made Sunday their Sabbath. Nowhere will anyone find in the Bible where the Sabbath was changed to Sunday.
This is the truth.

God Bless you.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 PM

173 posts, read 103,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
I think you misread what I said - I agree with you =)
Of course God has changed in his dealings w/ humanity.
OK. Sorry if I misunderstood you. It's great when we Christians can agree on God's word and way's.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:48 PM

173 posts, read 103,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
I have to agree with you that the Sabbath was never changed to Sunday by God. Nothing in scripture supports a change what so ever.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:59 PM

4 posts, read 2,593 times
Oh, Boy. First "Iesus" is not a Transliterations. Second, Never implied we were Not talking about the same person. But if you need to believe in his name would it make sense to call him by his actual Hebrew name Which means Yah's Salvation. I mean Why is there no "transliteration" of the Other Hebrew names in the Bible (Correct me if i'm wrong). and who said i didn't believe and trust In Him. Serious you maybe Should read Comments before you post your loaded responses. and what the Hell is a Hebrew Roosts/Sacred name movement? "it's your actions that matter most" Ok!! good luck with that.. Btw, you need to find out what a transliteration is before you use the Term. you might just run in to someone who knows what it actually means. Smart Guy!! YHWH Is a Transliteration.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 PM

4 posts, read 2,593 times
Oh, btw "Christ" is not a name either. It's a Title. WOW!! dude, you just don't like his name do you ? LOL! I keep laws and believe.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,218,496 times
Catholic Papacy making Sunday the Sabbath is a lie. The Sabbath is still Friday night to Saturday night. Stop blaming the Catholics for something they didn't do. There are plenty of things to blame them for but this is not one of them. It's all lies and some people are believing it.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:11 PM

416 posts, read 354,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
If one is to become a converted Christian, one must become spiritually an Israelite! Salvation is for “every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek” (Rom. 1:16).

Gentiles were not even excluded, under the Old Testament, the Sabbath was for Gentiles as well as Israelites.

Gentiles could come into the congregation of Israel and many did. Note that when they were first leaving Egypt, “... a mixed multitude went up also with them” (Ex. 12:38). So we see that Gentiles were among them.

The instructions that God gave for observing the Passover: “And when a stranger [Gentile] shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the Passover to the Eternal, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land” (Ex. 12:48). Verse 49: “One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.”

So Gentiles could come in and become naturalized citizens of Israel.

Jesus Christ said that the Sabbath was made for MAN and not just for the Jews only, not for the Israelites only, but for man! Even as it was made for Adam, it was also made for man in this 21st century.

Isaiah 56 begins with a “Thus saith the LORD ...” So, this is from God.

“... Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.” This is the time setting of this prophecy.

So when is God’s salvation near to come and when is His righteousness to be revealed? See Hebrews 9:27-28.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”

Christ will bring salvation when He appears the 2nd time.

The RSV: “So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin, but to save those who are eagerly waiting for Him.”

And when does Christ’s Salvation appear? Revelation 12:10: “Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ” --the time of Christ’s second coming.

Jesus said: “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be” (Rev. 22:12). Again, the time is Christ’s second coming.

Therefore we see that the time of Isaiah’s prophecy is just shortly before the second coming of Christ.

Notice what Christ says in Isaiah:

“Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. Neither let the son of the stranger [Gentile], that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, the LORD hath utterly separated me from his people” (Isa. 56:2-3).

Therefore let no Gentile, in our 21st century, now, that has been converted, and joined himself to the Lord Jesus Christ, say that Christ has separated him from God’s people Israel. No. The Sabbath was NOT a sign to separate Gentiles from Israelites! Gentiles were NOT excluded! The Sabbath is a sign to show who are His and who are not!

Isa. 56:6-7: “Also the sons of the stranger [Gentile], that join themselves to the LORD [that become Christians] to observe him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them [Gentiles] will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer ....”

Therefore you have positive proof with an irrefutable “thus saith the LORD” that the Sabbath was made for man, for mankind, for Gentile as well as Israelite.

And God has made His Sabbath binding forever (Ex. 31:12-17). It is binding forever, perpetually, throughout their generations, on Israelites. Their generations have not ended. Forever has not ended.

Now, Israelites become Christians through Christ just the same as Gentiles. So, Israelite Christians, then, are bound to keep God’s Holy Sabbath.

And what about the Gentiles? They, too, must keep it. They become Israelites, spiritually, when they receive God’s Holy Spirit and become truly converted Christians. God does not have a one way for the Jew and another way for the Gentile. He does not have one day for the Jew and another day for the Gentile. We know that Christ is not divided and that God is no respecter of persons but we are all one in Christ.
Umm....no. That is the religion of the Judaizers. You do not have to become a Jew to be a Christian. The Book of Romans is clear on that -- God saves both Jew and Gentile through faith alone.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:43 PM

951 posts, read 828,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
Umm....no. That is the religion of the Judaizers. You do not have to become a Jew to be a Christian. The Book of Romans is clear on that -- God saves both Jew and Gentile through faith alone.
No!

Your claim of faith cannot offset deliberate premeditated sin. If you deliberately break one of God's Ten Commandments and claim your faith made you do it then your faith is not of the true God or the true Christ. Those of us who are called by God and have been shown that God wants us to keep the Sabbath and punishes us when we disobey know what God expects of us -- to keep His Sabbath holy.

The Old Covenant was done away with but not the God's Spiritual Law that define what sin is. The Sabbath has been sanctified since the day after man was created on this earth. You are to keep this day holy. This is not some ceremonial ritual that is no longer required since the Old Covenant ended at the time of the death of Jesus Christ. This is a Commandment that identifies that the true God is your God and you along with physical Israel are God's people (Exodus 31).

Old 09-17-2012, 05:44 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,423,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Catholic Papacy making Sunday the Sabbath is a lie. The Sabbath is still Friday night to Saturday night. Stop blaming the Catholics for something they didn't do. There are plenty of things to blame them for but this is not one of them. It's all lies and some people are believing it.
The Shocking Pagan Origin of CHRISTMAS! ... scroll down to the Sub-title: "The Influence of Constintine".

...an excerpt:

"H. G. Wells, in his Outline of History, discusses the transformation of the teachings of the Messiah into the pagan worship of the heathen, calling itself "Christian." He notes:
"The observance of the Jewish Sabbath, again, TRANSFERRED TO THE MITHRAIC SUN-DAY, is an important feature of many Christian cults...He [Jesus] did not say a word about the worship of his mother Mary in the guise of ISIS, THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN. Much that is most characteristically Christian [so-called] in worship and usage, he ignored. Skeptical writers have had the temerity to deny that Jesus can be called a Christian at all" (p. 445, emphasis mine, of course).

How did this happen? How did Mithraism, with its December 25 worship, and Sun-day worship, contribute these prominent "holidays" to the established "Christian" Church? How did paganism overtake, overcome, and subdue, the original teachings of the Church of Yeshua the Messiah, and his apostles, and replace Biblical holy days with pagan "holy days"? Should all true Christians be concerned about this historic truth -- this reality? Doesn't it really matter?
What should these facts mean to us, today, who seek to obey YEHOVAH God, and follow the Messiah of the Bible, who seek to be TRUE followers of the Word of YEHOVAH GOD?" [end].

************************************************** **************************************************
Sabbath Change From Saturday To Sunday

...an excerpt:

"Constantine:

Constantine, the Emperor of Rome, claimed conversion to Christianity and declared Christianity to be the official religion of Rome. Pagan worship already had the established practice of using Sunday as their day of worship to honor their sun god....The intentional push to separate Christianity from its Jewish roots was evident....

...As anti-semitism grew inside of "the church," the Council of Antioch (341 CE) prohibited Christians from celebrating Passover with the Jews. A few years later (364 CE), while Constantine was emperor, the Council of Laodicea met. Up until this point, Christians had their choice of how and when to observe the Sabbath and resurrection. Constantine was about to change that. His anti-semitic viewpoint grew, and he chose to make it impossible for Jews or Gentiles to worship on the Saturday sabbath and still be considered Christians. This more or less forced Messianic Jews who were dedicated to Jesus and their Jewish roots, to choose between the fellowship of the evolving Christian church or the isolation of a Jewish-only environment.

Constantine, as Emperor of Rome, was deeply involved with the Council of Laodicea....was in a position to do something about his views. Even though he claimed to be a Christian, the following declaration was made...

Canon 29: "Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday, but shall work on that day; but the Lord's day they shall especially honor, and, as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing, that shall be shut out from Christ." This decision was made by the Council of Laodicea (364 AD).

In other words, the Roman church declared the more a person abandons its Jewish roots, the better Christian they will be.

Please recognize that this declaration is man made and not God made.

Many people believe because the Roman church found it necessary to develop this policy that this is evidence that Christians were observing the Saturday Sabbath at this time.

It is unfortunate that those who wished to follow God's pattern in creation and those who wished to follow the pattern that Jesus Himself set while alive would no longer be considered Christians." [end].

...and you were saying cowdog.....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or