Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM

139 posts, read 166,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
^^^^^The depths of bias and illogic one can engage in is astonishing!
According to you.. But you have no understanding sir.
You may choose to listen to whom ever you desire..........
But you are not an authority of anything.... so I choose to continue on my course to everlasting life according the truths of the word of God. Thank you very much.
According to God Almighty,(Acts 5:29-32) . . .“We must obey God as ruler rather than men. 30 The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom YOU slew, hanging him upon a stake. 31 God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses of these matters, and so is the holy spirit, which God has given to those obeying him as ruler.”
(Mark 12:17) 17 Jesus then said: “Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God.” And they began to marvel at him.
All life owes its very existence to Almighty God, Jehovah. I will continue to study his word forever.... and benefit from it ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 12:18 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara M Wheeler View Post
According to you.. But you have no understanding sir.
You may choose to listen to whom ever you desire..........
But you are not an authority of anything.... so I choose to continue on my course to everlasting life according the truths of the word of God. Thank you very much.
According to God Almighty,(Acts 5:29-32) . . .“We must obey God as ruler rather than men. 30 The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom YOU slew, hanging him upon a stake. 31 God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses of these matters, and so is the holy spirit, which God has given to those obeying him as ruler.”
(Mark 12:17) 17 Jesus then said: “Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God.” And they began to marvel at him.
All life owes its very existence to Almighty God, Jehovah. I will continue to study his word forever.... and benefit from it ....
That's great, good for you, may your journey be blessed! But if you are going to make absolute unsubstantiated and extraordinary claims then expect to get called out on them.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
That's great, good for you, may your journey be blessed! But if you are going to make absolute unsubstantiated and extraordinary claims then expect to get called out on them.
Unsubstantiated.....The bible is backed by the creator of the universe. Whos authority do you come on?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:30 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Unsubstantiated.....The bible is backed by the creator of the universe. Whos authority do you come on?
See, you're so blind that you do not understand the point. Well - Allah backs the Quran - so I guess you believe that too.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:34 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,675,101 times
Quote:
The bible is the inspired word of God Almighty. No other book ever written has this assurance, so no other book is qualified to give factual insight in such a way. It is our "Owners Manuel," if you will... Laws and principles that apply today as much as they did yesterday... We never have to doubt the truth of the bible.
(Hebrews 4:12, 13) 12 For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart. 13 And there is not a creation that is not manifest to his sight, but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of him with whom we have an accounting.
Quote:
Amen....

Old 08-30-2012, 01:13 PM

(Psalm 83:18) That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
So regardless of who backs other books, or manuscripts or writings from man, the creator is the final authority.
(Joshua 24:15) . . .But as for me and my household, we shall serve Jehovah.”

Old 08-30-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
See, you're so blind that you do not understand the point. Well - Allah backs the Quran - so I guess you believe that too.
I do not see a point.....because there is NO point.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:39 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I do not see a point.....because there is NO point.
If you say so it must be true.

The Quran says Allah is the Creator. You still won't get it.

Let me help! You have an a-priori assumption without any justification for your claims - you just stating them as if they are absolute facts does not do justice to the work, by you and others who barf out scriptures, that is necessary to make such claims reality. It is precisely because of your cognitive bias and dissonance that you react in such a manner despite the boldness and faith you display. You can shout it at the roof tops and it will not change these facts. You quoting scripture does not settle anything and you stating your beliefs does not make them true. When someone offers a reason for why they reject your beliefs and you just quote a scripture it does nothing but make you look like an unreasoned fool who robotically reacts to something you do not like to hear - like a child with their fingers in their ears while screaming out their cherished myths.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
If you say so it must be true.

The Quran says Allah is the Creator. You still won't get it.

Let me help! You have an a-priori assumption without any justification for your claims - you just stating them as if they are absolute facts does not do justice to the work, by you and others who barf out scriptures, that is necessary to make such claims reality. It is precisely because of your cognitive bias and dissonance that you react in such a manner despite the boldness and faith you display. You can shout it at the roof tops and it will not change these facts. You quoting scripture does not settle anything and you stating your beliefs does not make them true. When someone offers a reason for why they reject your beliefs and you just quote a scripture it does nothing but make you look like an unreasoned fool who robotically reacts to something you do not like to hear - like a child with their fingers in their ears while screaming out their cherished myths.
Please then, tell me when was your Quran written and by whom?
And I would prefer that you not use such a tone with me... I have not been rude and called you names, and I would appreciate some sense of civility from you as well.....
Quoting scripture is exactly what Jesus did to refute those opposed to the truth. If you do not accept it fine... but do not call me a fool.
The Holy Bible was written under inspiration from Jehovah God as early as 1513 B.C.E.

Last edited by Barbara M Wheeler; 08-30-2012 at 02:55 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 03:14 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,712,642 times
Quote:
RESPONSE:

Really? Please present your evidence.

Or is this just your asseretion (without any evidence)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity