Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:18 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,752,562 times

Advertisements

You're a cutie, Rob! And no, I didn't want to ding you... it would've hurt, but I have to be a non-biased moderator, right?

Old 10-08-2007, 12:00 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,261,540 times
Smile Yes!! What would He say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Just a note to all y'all that maintaining our Christian witness on this forum is of utmost importance. I received a DM today from a brother in Christ who has chosen to leave this forum permanently due to the diviseness he's encountered with fellow believers...as well as unbelievers. Please, let's all respect one another and speak to each other like we're in the same room. Would you REALLY talk to someone the way you post? I hope not for many here.

And I do want to thank those who have had kind words for me as I left my moderator position. I want you all to realize that being a moderator is an extremely difficult job emotionally. As posters (myself included now) we do not see anything that goes on behind the scenes to make this an awesome place for us to talk. And there is a lot that goes on!

When a person is a moderator as much as it may seem like they're up in your face because of your religious beliefs...they're truly looking at the Terms of Service. I've given many infractions, banned people and have made few friends here as a mod. But really, you never saw what went on behind the scenes and the many DM's back and forth and the hateful attitudes many havd toward myself and other mods.

We all need to be extremely respectful of the mods and their job. And it is not a requirement to be a Christian to moderate this forum. You're looking at the TOS, not someone's belief system. If that were the case these people would not be mods.

Let's all respect one another and the moderators throughout City-Data. All of the mods I've worked with are fantastic people that I already miss talking to daily.
What would Jesus say??
He would probably have a broken heart to see how we've acted and how we've misrepresented Him, misquoted Him, misunderstood Him; Misused Him.
But say Father "forgive them for they know not what they do" ....

The link failed but it was MercyMe " I can only Imagine" on YouTube

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 10-08-2007 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: omitted a text
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity