Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:25 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,707,096 times

Advertisements

Just a note to all y'all that maintaining our Christian witness on this forum is of utmost importance. I received a DM today from a brother in Christ who has chosen to leave this forum permanently due to the diviseness he's encountered with fellow believers...as well as unbelievers. Please, let's all respect one another and speak to each other like we're in the same room. Would you REALLY talk to someone the way you post? I hope not for many here.

And I do want to thank those who have had kind words for me as I left my moderator position. I want you all to realize that being a moderator is an extremely difficult job emotionally. As posters (myself included now) we do not see anything that goes on behind the scenes to make this an awesome place for us to talk. And there is a lot that goes on!

When a person is a moderator as much as it may seem like they're up in your face because of your religious beliefs...they're truly looking at the Terms of Service. I've given many infractions, banned people and have made few friends here as a mod. But really, you never saw what went on behind the scenes and the many DM's back and forth and the hateful attitudes many havd toward myself and other mods.

We all need to be extremely respectful of the mods and their job. And it is not a requirement to be a Christian to moderate this forum. You're looking at the TOS, not someone's belief system. If that were the case these people would not be mods.

Let's all respect one another and the moderators throughout City-Data. All of the mods I've worked with are fantastic people that I already miss talking to daily.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:43 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,558,059 times
I felt like you did a great job as a moderator Hoosier and hope you stay on as a poster. The tongue does reveal the heart to others by what we say on this Forum, but God knows the heart and our every thoughts.So before we make a comment over a steamy issue,we should look Heavenly first and ask the Lord for His guidance.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:58 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,865,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I felt like you did a great job as a moderator Hoosier and hope you stay on as a poster. The tongue does reveal the heart to others by what we say on this Forum, but God knows the heart and our every thoughts.So before we make a comment over a steamy issue,we should look Heavenly first and ask the Lord for His guidance.
Very well said. I agree with every point.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,262,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
What would Jesus say about your attitude?
Well, let me be the first to say that I'm a very imperfect person. I enjoy a good debate, and if I have come across in a way that has hurt someone, please forgive me. I value the friendships of many people on this board, whatever you believe, and if the mods receive any complaint about me, or anyone on this board feels I'm out of place, feel free to DM me or let me know.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:00 PM

292 posts, read 932,934 times
I also liked you as a moderator and also hope you continue here as a poster. Sometimes it's hard just to be a poster. Some little comments can really hurt and if I've ever said anything to anyone that has hurt you...it has not been intentional.
God bless!
Jean

Old 10-05-2007, 01:00 PM

329 posts, read 1,441,075 times
I am new to the Christian forum but wish to thank-you for your warm welcome. I thought your posts were full of wisdom and discernement. I look forward to much more of your insights.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:06 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,141,808 times
I think you did a great job too. I know it has been difficult at times. Some of us are sooooo dogmatic about the right way, the ONLY right way.

Now, as far as my attitude, I would hope that it is more acceptable than that of some people on this forum.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:47 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,414,538 times
Hoosier, I hear what you're saying. But also, when a believer can't say something because they get pounced on by other people for what they believe, or are told they are being hateful, it gets a little old. I was messaging back and forth with a fellow believer just a little while ago, and asked that person to what extent we are supposed to "shut up" in the interest of not offending others. I mean, we as believers are sometimes not going to say popular things. But since that usually causes an uproar, is it very loving to that person if we just remain silent?

Old 10-05-2007, 02:04 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,707,096 times
I'm not talking about being silent or offending others. I'm talking about being respectful. You can speak to a debate, not back down from your values and still be respectful. The main point of my OP was to remind people that the mods work hard here and to not give them undue grief. Not that any of it's due.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:24 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,414,538 times
Well, let's take you, for example. You were the worst moderator there ever was. If I didn't tell you that, and allowed you keep on in your delusion, would that have been a very loving thing for me to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity