U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM

2,924 posts, read 2,265,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
Romans 10:4 specifically. The first 10 chapters outline why we no longer live according to the Law.

Hebrews also goes into detail about why the Gospel is better than the Law. Jesus is greater than the angels, the Law, etc....
I love BBQ pork and bacon... and I am a Christian. Can we stop these silly threads where one denomination claims they know better and are closer to God than any other? Live your life and be happy in your church.
Don't change mine. And don't take your Lord's name in vain. Every other sentence I see Jes*us, G*d etc etc. Take it easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 05:36 PM

2,756 posts, read 2,168,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
HaShem would have pointed it out directly if that is what He meant using this metaphor...Gentiles were consodered unclean and placed in the same category as unclean animals...Just as the metaphor regarding the Rich Man and Lazarus is not about heaven and hell...It is a metaphor regarding Israel and the Gentiles...People seem to think that it is Iarael that is to be grafted into the Church (Gentiles), this is not the case, it is the Gentiles that are to be grafted into Israel...
Please consider, we've been taught incorrectly Gentiles are not grafted INTO Israel.

Gentiles are "Grafted In Among Them" - Rom.11:17
as branches of The Olive Tree IN God's House. - Jer.11:15
The Olive Tree is not In Israel.

Even David knew he was like a Green Olive Tree IN God's House. - Ps.52:8
And not In The House 0f Israel.

On earth God refers to Israel a The GrapeVine.

He brought a Vine out of Egypt and planted it
and cast out 7 Nations to make room for it. - Ps.80:8 - Lev.25:38 - Acts 13:19

As a Vine is the remnant of Israel. - Jer.6:9

For The Vineyard 0f The Lord 0f Hosts Is The House Of Israel. - Is.5:7

Is it any wonder Jesus said 'I am the (True) Vine? For abiding in Him and not Israel.

- By the way, I don't eat Pork.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:02 PM

17,524 posts, read 21,707,818 times
I never ate pork. Pigs are kind and intelligent creatures. Their slaughter is particularly brutal. It seems to cruel to consider and I will not write about it here.

Now I eat no meat what so ever. I believe that the way that animals are bread and slaughtered is cruel and horrific.

I am fine with out eating any meat but I never ate pork. Not since my teens.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I never ate pork. Pigs are kind and intelligent creatures. Their slaughter is particularly brutal. It seems to cruel to consider and I will not write about it here.

Now I eat no meat what so ever. I believe that the way that animals are bread and slaughtered is cruel and horrific.

I am fine with out eating any meat but I never ate pork. Not since my teens.
I can't believe you eat vegetables, some of them are so beautiful...
That's simply cruel.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:04 AM

17,524 posts, read 21,707,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I can't believe you eat vegetables, some of them are so beautiful...
That's simply cruel.
And that's simply silly.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
And that's simply silly.
Not much more than you motivating the fact that you do not eat animal meat by animal intelligence. As you know, all animals do I nature is eat each other. We don't do anything unnatural here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or